Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahoma whitetail down
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Just returned from a great hunt in the Oklahoma Panhandle with Rick Rhoads and Back Rhoads Outfitters. This guy has some good whitetails. You can stand hunt or spot and stalk. I killed this bruiser from a treestand near a triticale field. I saw quality mature bucks virtually every time I went out, and when I left, 4 of 6 hunters had killed their bucks (and that was 2.5 days into a 5 day hunt). It is a really neat place to hunt; over the counter tags for $200, and you can rifle hunt during the rut. I killed this guy at 200 yards with a 180 gr Winchester E-Tip in .300 Win mag. We got to see him come from 350 yards and nose a bunch of does for about 5 minutes. It made for pretty good footage. Happy Thanksgiving!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Good looking deer! Congrats!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Tim, what did he score?

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
He was 164...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Tim, Congrats.

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Nice buck!

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Way to go Tim
Nice buck!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
very nice ! congrats, Oklahma has some realy nice bucks.

during blackpowder season i passed on a buck ( just couldnt ever see him good enough to make out his rack untill he was gone. the second time same thing, could only see the right side, thought it would go mid 130s my frind just took him ,opening day rifle. should go mid 150s,,yep im feeling kinda sick , like i said, congrats!!

Posts: 131 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
THAT is a GREAT BUCK!

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So Tim, in light of the new FTC rule on endorsements, did you get this as a comp or get any kind of discount?

If you did, you legally have to state that, since you mention them by name.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I guess technicaly yes then. Rick is a friend and let me come to his place and hunt, and I didn't pay for it.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Tim. Thanks for the disclosure. It was a great buck.

This FTC rule is going to be quite interesting, especially in the outdoor media industry.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Tim simply referring to the outfitter DOES NOT make this an "endorsement" or an "advertisement" under the FTC rule. Tim's report (a blog), posted on this site, is what the FTC notices refer to as occurring in "personal communication spaces" rather than "commercial communication spaces." The FTC rule only controls the later. Further, even if this was marketing or advertising subject to the FTC rule, any reasonable consumer of paid hunts knows that Tim is an outdoor personality, that he is in production for an outdoor show, and that he gets reduced cost or free hunts because of this which, again, gets him past the FTC rule.

Congratulations Tim. Great deer. Post away. I'll defend you if the FTC comes calling.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its interesting how you are holding that rack. Mad at somebody? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks S_L...I appreciate the clarification....seemed a little overkill to me...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice deer Tim. I checked there website and I did not see any archery hunt's? Is it gun only?

Posts: 90 | Location: Okemos Mi. | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Mike, They have done them in the past, and plan to do them between Nov 1-20 next year>>>

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice deer. I will have to get out to the open sometime in my life, VA forest is something completely different.

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice buck. I am having a hard time reading what brand of gloves that you use. Do you have any photos displaying their logo? Also, are the socks merely of a Hanes' variety? Thank you in advance for your product placement.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rugchester:
Nice buck. I am having a hard time reading what brand of gloves that you use. Do you have any photos displaying their logo? Also, are the socks merely of a Hanes' variety? Thank you in advance for your product placement.

Rugchester,

Since you're a newbie here, let me give you a piece of friendly advice. Before you start going around slinging mud, you might want to back up and think about it a bit before you do. If you want to wear out your welcome quickly keep up the work with making new freinds with some of the veterans on this forum. Think about it for a minute and you might actually learn something! middlefinger moon

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey Graybird. Nice to see that Tim has a pimp. Here's a howdy and a "keep your pimphand strong" "f" to the "u" for ya'.

One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
Dear Rugchester,

Please tell me this is some kind of an inside joke you have going with graybird and Tim so I don't loose all my faith in humanity.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MN Hunter:
Dear Rugchester,

Please tell me this is some kind of an inside joke you have going with graybird and Tim so I don't loose all my faith in humanity.

Nope, I don't know either Tim or Rugchester. I'd just say he is probably on the right track to wear out his welcome.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You Outdoor Network watching mofo's are right. In order to show my sincerest apologies, let me tell you about my coyote hunt today.

It all started about 4:00 p.m., as I checked my watch ($22.95 available at www.timex.com). The wind was brisk, so I was glad I was wearing my new jeans (www.wrangler.com $22.95) and my new Mossy Oak camoflague shirt from Cabelas (www.Cabelas.com $32.50). I slowly blew on my rabbit in distress call (www.johnnystewart.com $21.95 (on sale if you mention this story)) and instantly a coyote appeared. I chambered a round into my Ruger (www.ruger.com $625.. (With free Carhart Ruger TM jacket if ordered by March 1st)) .22-.250 (www.federalammo.com $27.50) and looked through my Nikon Scope (www.nikon.com $225.00) and killed the animal. I couldn't believe how hard this hunt was and if it had not been for my keen skills and the support of my sponsors, I wouldn't have been able to pull this hunt off with my buddy Jake (www.coyotesbyjake.com).

Once again, it only goes to show that a man can do it by himself and that good public land hunting is available to all (www.Icandoitbymyself.com).

What an effin' joke.

One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
I think that the words of Herbert Morrison, describing the events of the Hindenburg disaster kind of sum up what I think of Rugchester's post..

"Oh, the humanity! and all the passengers screaming around here. I told you; it—I can't even talk to people Their friends are out there! Ah! It's... it... it's a... ah! I... I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest: it's just laying there, mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk and the screaming. Lady, I... I... I'm sorry. Honest: I... I can hardly breathe. I... I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it. Charlie, that's terrible. Ah, ah... I can't. Listen, folks; I... I'm gonna have to stop for a minute because [indecipherable] I've lost my voice. This is the worst thing I've ever witnessed."

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
In the words of Jackie Bushman, go climb a tree and see if a whitetail walks by. Or better yet, turn off the TV and try some real hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rugchester:
In the words of Jackie Bushman, go climb a tree and see if a whitetail walks by. Or better yet, turn off the TV and try some real hunting.

Excuse me but may I see that stick...the one up your...

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote