Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Stag, etc.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I just got home from Argentina this morning, and am headed back out tomorrow to take my boys turkey hunting, so I am really short on time. Instead of writing a really long detailed report, I am just going to let the photos basically speak for themselves...

In short, we visited Caza Pampa's 2 ranches in LaPampa. The stags were roaring really well on arrival, it got hot and they tapered off, but still did enough early and late to get on them.

1st morning - management stag - 5x6

Free range blackbuck

Asian Buff

Some stags we saw while I was trying to kill one with a bow. I got close a bunch of times, but never could make it happen.

Other lodge

Last morning, I got the muzzleloader back out and had in incredible hunt. We had built a little brush ground blind by a wallow the day before, and at daylight a few roared in the vicinity. Soon I could tell one bull was getting closer, and about 8:00, he emerged out of the fog at 75 yards. He threw his head back and roared a couple of times and walked to the water. he was only 35 yards away, and I had to ease the gun up slowly. He roared a couple more times in the water, and I hammered him with the muzzleloader. The stag only went about 7 yards and tipped over.

Later that day - we went out and shot a few birds - pigeons, doves and parakeets.

I did get to watch my UK Wildcats win the Final Four on ESPN Argentina - in Spanish!

Great trip, great hunting, great food and drink and great people...

We made 2 really good shows from the trip. Glad to be home...Adios...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Looks like a heck of a good trip Tim....I could be intersted in that sorta hunt.

Have a good time with the boys!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Way to go Tim

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hey Tim,

Nice stags !!! Glad to see you enjoy your trip down here. Next time we must arrange to share a beer or two.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks...

Lorenzo - definitely...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice Tim... that is a fun part of the world to hunt. Lots of variety! The last stag you shot is bustante grande!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great trophies. that black buck is a real monster. I have never seen one with such thick horns, not even in India.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Nice photos, Tim!

Loved every one of them except the one with the 'Cats cap. Can't agree with you on that one!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Excellent pictures! Looks like fun!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Conrats Tim, looks like fun.

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a great trip, congrats and good luck on your turkey hunt with the kids, I'm sure that will be just as fun.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bravo ! A red deer hunt in Argentina is beyond cool !!! What a sound they make when they roar !!! tu2

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Great looking animals Tim,
Do you have any pictures of the terrain you were hunting in?

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Steven,

I didn't get any landscape photos as it was fairly flat to gentle rolling, and pretty darn thick in most places...come to KY in the next few weeks and let's turkey hunt with Zack...I am hunting with him Monday...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Tim, nice trophies !!!
Thunder, surely the terrain looks "like" the picture above, cheers. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great trophies, great photos. Even that "management" stag is a beautiful animal. Congratulations!

Isn't that typical? Hunt all week with a bow, finally trade it for a gun...and then shoot your critter at archery range!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
That is a huge Blackbuck Tim!! Congratulations on a great hunt...

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Tim and great photos!

By the way, Kentucky was unreal this year...

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great hunt Tim....too bad our pathes didn't cross. We literally followed right in your footsteps!

Man, we saw one free range blackbuck after I killed mine that was indeed Muy Grande! I've never seen anything like it. Oh well, an excuse to go back!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As always a great hunt Tim! Thx for sharing!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Perfect hunting trip. Congrats. La Pampa is THE place for free ranging different species.
Alejandro is one of the few PHs down here that can offer excellent hunts. I can assure it cause our ranch knows him for several years.

Rgds & Good Hunting,

Santiago Diaz Mathe
Manager
Poitahue Hunting Ranch
La Pampa - Argentina

Posts: 6 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 22 July 2012Reply With Quote