Notify
Tools

Innnnnnteresting . . . .
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4775335.stm

Leaving out the pussy-whipped BBC take on things, of course!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
cheers clap clap beer

China heres to You

killpc Frowner thumbdown thumbdown BBC heres to you.....

Fianlly open hunting in China, can someone give me some money so i can hunt there? Big Grin

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I'm no mountain expert but I reckon that would produce some great quality trophies...

It's nice to see countries like that opening their eyes to the benefits of foreign hunting dollario's.

beer

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Perhaps India and Kenya follows next?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
China just removed the hunting auctions.

http://www.huntingreport.com/

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
However, if you do want to hunt in China, both Safari Outfitters and the Chinese Forestry Ministry have booths at the SCI convention. There is lots of hunting in China.

Sarge

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldsarge, do you know if the ministry sells hunts directly to hunters or only through the medium of a guide?

Talk about a real 'hunting expedition' to outfit your own argali hunt!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I am sure that they are all guided. I mean, consider the serious obstacles to setting up your own unguided argali hunt in remote China . . . in Chinese! However you might try the following:

www.foresttravel.net

adventure@foresttravel.net

and enquire.

Sarge

one of us
posted Hide Post
One other issue with China, or more accurately the US FWS, some of the animals taken in China cannot be brought back to the U.S. The numerous argalis, in particular, at least is my understanding.

posted Hide Post
Maybe the BBC server is to blame but I have been unable to open the link Oldsarge provides at the top. Now, over here, downloading sometimes seems to depend on the content. I´m sure this is not the case this time but could someone please find the time to send me a pm with a copy ? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 29 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From SCI:

Hunting Cancelled in China

According to newspaper reports and Don Causey’s Hunting Report, China recently postponed an auction that would have allowed foreign companies to bid for licenses to hunt wild animals following a public backlash. The government-sanctioned auction would have allowed foreign hunting organizations to bid for the right to hunt 289 animals from 14 different species. Licenses were based on types and numbers of wild animals, ranging from about US$200 for a wolf to as much as US$40,000 for a yak. It appears that China then postponed or cancelled ALL hunting in the country while the government tries to figure out what to do next. We will keep you posted as this story progresses.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gauti:
Maybe the BBC server is to blame but I have been unable to open the link Oldsarge provides at the top. Now, over here, downloading sometimes seems to depend on the content. I´m sure this is not the case this time but could someone please find the time to send me a pm with a copy ? Thanks in advance.

I just sent you the article in a PM.
Hope it gets through OK.

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote