The Accurate Reloading Forums
Innnnnnteresting . . . .

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8321043/m/565101325

09 August 2006, 21:29
Oldsarge
Innnnnnteresting . . . .
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4775335.stm

Leaving out the pussy-whipped BBC take on things, of course!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!
09 August 2006, 22:26
mr rigby
cheers clap clap beer

China heres to You

killpc Frowner thumbdown thumbdown BBC heres to you.....

Fianlly open hunting in China, can someone give me some money so i can hunt there? Big Grin
10 August 2006, 17:56
Fallow Buck
I'm no mountain expert but I reckon that would produce some great quality trophies...

It's nice to see countries like that opening their eyes to the benefits of foreign hunting dollario's.

beer

FB

www.AthinaSporting.Com
Email: Info@AthinaSporting.com
10 August 2006, 19:53
mr rigby
Perhaps India and Kenya follows next?
15 August 2006, 03:27
DPhillips
China just removed the hunting auctions.

http://www.huntingreport.com/
15 August 2006, 03:44
Oldsarge
However, if you do want to hunt in China, both Safari Outfitters and the Chinese Forestry Ministry have booths at the SCI convention. There is lots of hunting in China.

Sarge

15 August 2006, 14:46
Boghossian
Oldsarge, do you know if the ministry sells hunts directly to hunters or only through the medium of a guide?

Talk about a real 'hunting expedition' to outfit your own argali hunt!
15 August 2006, 19:25
Oldsarge
I am sure that they are all guided. I mean, consider the serious obstacles to setting up your own unguided argali hunt in remote China . . . in Chinese! However you might try the following:

www.foresttravel.net

adventure@foresttravel.net

and enquire.

Sarge

16 August 2006, 02:39
DPhillips
One other issue with China, or more accurately the US FWS, some of the animals taken in China cannot be brought back to the U.S. The numerous argalis, in particular, at least is my understanding.
30 August 2006, 09:14
Gauti
Maybe the BBC server is to blame but I have been unable to open the link Oldsarge provides at the top. Now, over here, downloading sometimes seems to depend on the content. I´m sure this is not the case this time but could someone please find the time to send me a pm with a copy ? Thanks in advance.
30 August 2006, 22:08
DPhillips
From SCI:

Hunting Cancelled in China

According to newspaper reports and Don Causey’s Hunting Report, China recently postponed an auction that would have allowed foreign companies to bid for licenses to hunt wild animals following a public backlash. The government-sanctioned auction would have allowed foreign hunting organizations to bid for the right to hunt 289 animals from 14 different species. Licenses were based on types and numbers of wild animals, ranging from about US$200 for a wolf to as much as US$40,000 for a yak. It appears that China then postponed or cancelled ALL hunting in the country while the government tries to figure out what to do next. We will keep you posted as this story progresses.
04 September 2006, 10:30
Stu C
quote:
Originally posted by Gauti:
Maybe the BBC server is to blame but I have been unable to open the link Oldsarge provides at the top. Now, over here, downloading sometimes seems to depend on the content. I´m sure this is not the case this time but could someone please find the time to send me a pm with a copy ? Thanks in advance.

I just sent you the article in a PM.
Hope it gets through OK.

- stu