New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall 2014 - Hunts close to home
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just thought I would post a few photos from my hunts over the past 8 weeks or so. Its been a busy fall, lots of fun as usual and some hard earned critters too.

Hope you all had a great fall, and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

October - Colorado Elk / public land DIY hunt. Glassed him at 7am from close to a mile away, watched him bed for the 2nd time at 11am. Went up after him, shot him at roughly 2pm at 60 yards. A good bull for public land here in CO, and one that took us most of the day to pack back to the truck.

October - New Mexico Elk / Public land - hunted with Richard Baca of Antler Addiction Outfitters. Had rough weather for a couple days, made hunting difficult.

October - Eastern Colorado / Private land - I only guided clients for 4 days, but I did manage to guide 3 good bucks pictured below. I had a couple of other clients that had last minute biz situations come up, so they had to postpone until next year.

November - Colorado Mule Deer / Public land DIY - I found this buck 36 hrs before the season opened, and it took me another 7 days to locate him again. I slept overnight on the mountain, and shot him the morning of the 8th day of the hunt.

December - Colorado Whitetail / Private land - I guided my girlfriend to her first ever whitetail on Day 1 of her hunt, lots of fun.

December - Desert Bighorn Nevada / public land - hunted with Victor Trujillo. After 15 years of waiting, I drew a tag for Desert rams. Drove all day to western Nevada on Dec. 5th, and by 2pm on December 6th my ram hunt was over. This is the largest ram taken from this unit in the past several years, so I was extremely happy with the results.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice Aaron! Love that Nevada Big Horn! tu2 Which Unit did you hunt the sheep in?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Nice Aaron! Love that Nevada Big Horn! tu2 Which Unit did you hunt the sheep in?

Unit 211 / west of Tonopah.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Love all the great pictures

I know there is a lot of hard work to what you do.....big congratulations from Southern Missouri

Ted

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron

Looks like you've had a very busy and successfull fall! Congrats! Love the D sheep...massive bases! They Measured?

Skip Nantz

Posts: 538 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great conclusion to a great year for you Aaron, congrats.
Nice public land Elk and the deer you kill there in East Co are great.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congratulations.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 Smiler Cool Big Grin dancing

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Wow really neat!

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you've already gotten your Christmas presents this year!

Posts: 20092 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superb year for sure. Some solid public land harvests and a bighorn to top it off.

Most excellent.

Might be tough keeping your girlfriend on trophies of that caliber, though. Good for her.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skip Nantz:
Aaron

Looks like you've had a very busy and successfull fall! Congrats! Love the D sheep...massive bases! They Measured?

Skip I'd be lying if I said what the bases measured, as I forget. He was 157" plus - total score.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool tu2

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos Aaron.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
Wow! Beutiful Pictures landscape and wonderful landscape tu2 Congratulations!

Posts: 49 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done.
Need to come hunt deer in Eastern Colorado with you. Got screwed over by one of your competitors there ( Jack Cassidy ) a year ago that left a sour taste. Your area has to be better than his.

Posts: 10208 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Well done.
Need to come hunt deer in Eastern Colorado with you. Got screwed over by one of your competitors there ( Jack Cassidy ) a year ago that left a sour taste. Your area has to be better than his.

Ross - we'll do our best, I assure you of that. Call me, or talk to Greg Brownlee as well.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Damn Aaron, heck of a fall for you! Ps I don't remember your arms being so big last time we were together!!!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
Damn Aaron, heck of a fall for you! Ps I don't remember your arms being so big last time we were together!!!

No, back then my gut was bigger!! wave

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Awesome fall for sure.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

You are having way too much fun.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Aaron,

You are having way too much fun.

Mark

Yes sir I am!!! Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Very impressive Aaron, love that old ram, congratulations! tu2

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote