posted
Sept 10-21
Alaska Range
Outfiter: Xtreme Xpeditions
agent- Myself - Worldwide Trophy Adventures
rifle- LAW .338 Win- Nikon Monarch 7 4x16x50
ammo: Winchester 225 gr Accubond
Species - moose, grizzly

I am not going to write a lengthy report here, but will let the photos speak.

I did this hunt with 3 clients in 2012 and we all killed great bulls- one 66" B&C and one 76" B&C.

So me and 4 more clients rebooked for this fall. I saw a monster bull the day before we could start hunting, and we ended up seeing him 7 out of 8 days. We did two stalks and got within 100 yards both times, but couldn't get a shot because of brush or camera angle. On the 8th day, we got to 171 yards of him bedded with a hot cow. I waited 40 minutes on the sticks for him to stand, and dropped him with 1 shot where his neck met his chest.

He was 74 1/4" wide, and obviously the bull of a lifetime.

On the last day of the hunt, my guide and I were closing down the camp for the year, and I looked up and there was a grizzly walking down the path we used every day straight into camp. He was headed straight toward the moose meat and rack.

I grabbed my rifle, shucked in a shell, and hammered him in the chest at about 50 yards. Glad I bought that tag! He went about 75 yards and was piled up in the brush. What an ending to my hunt.

My 4 clients all killed great bulls, and one was 70.5" and initial green scoring looks like he will be in the top 10 in the world and possibly break the top 5.

I saw up to 9 bulls in a day, passed two 60-inchers because we were looking at the big boy at the same time, and I can't imagine a better place to go for a truly huge bull. These guys average 90-100% every year, with a 62-63" average. They are very selective in the bulls they take, rotate hunting areas on different years, and only take about half the hunters they could take. All booked up for 2016, but have a few slots left for 2017. Drop me a line if interested...

Huge 70 incher

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tim!!! That's one hell of a successful hunt! Question. How did the outfit manage to pack out all the meat? Did he have extra packers on hand?

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Yes they have a staff of packers, and in my case, we had a small track vehicle and an 8 foot sled. It was used for getting gear from landing strip 4 miles to camp and meat out only. All hunting was done on foot. They are getting some 6 wheelers in there and trying to get a Polaris Ranger into a camp for older hunters, etc.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's just impressive as hell.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Ive been waiting on this. Some smoker bulls for sure.
Congrats Tim!!

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Well done Tim!! Sorry we weren't around for our regular get together. Maybe next year.

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now thats a bull mosse!
Thanks for sharing. Looking at the photos, it looks like you had to work hard to get them.
Thanks for sharing.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,

All I can say is well done!!!!!!!!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Thank you.

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a monster Bull! Congratulations.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good grief what a superb looking beast.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome bulls Tim. Looks like a great hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible Moose.
Congratulations.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!! great report and photos. Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but couldn't get a shot because of brush or camera angle

I don't think I would have the fortitude to pass up on that bull because I couldn't get it on film

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
definitely the toughest "pass" I have ever had to do!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent Job Tim!! That is a most impressive collection of trophy moose

Tim

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Those are some fine bulls - congrats to all! I like the breadth of the palms on yours; very impressive. I really like the first pic showing the country - sweet looking territory.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Serious moose there bud. Congrats!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Some really impressive mooses and I really liked that grizzly, congrats and thanks for sharing! tu2

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible specimens!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Tim, those bulls are beyond the stuff of dreams.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote