ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Links to Mongolian Outfitters. Help please.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Especially for "Mongol Safari". I know it sounds ridiculous and that I could just google it myself. I tried and came up with nothing. So if you have good links, please share.. cheers

Have a good one

Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob Kern's 'The Hunting Consortium' http://www.huntcon.com/asia.htm

Diana Tours
http://www.diana.dk/page/68?landno=39

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links. Do you have any links to litteraly "MONGOLIAN" sites.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's offers hunts there as does Jeff Neal. Jeff is at 918 299 3580.

Posts: 10169 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Warning about contacting Jeff Neal...

He'll send you a very professional looking magazine of the hunts he books. And sure enough, right in amongst it all is dogcat's fanstatic family trip to Zim last year! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Niels:
Thanks for the links. Do you have any links to litteraly "MONGOLIAN" sites.

Not exactly sure what you mean? Confused

Are you requiring about companies based in Mongolia or outfitters based somewhere else that represent Mongolian outfitters?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DPhillips,
Great pics weren't they? Jeff booked our hunt with HHK last year, best trip we ever had. He did a great job for us. I am lobbying for him a little bit, but as each of us knows - there are several good agents out there. He happens to be in my hometown and I can track him down and choke him if needed.

Posts: 10169 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My doctor uses Neal exclusively (he's pictured in this year's "magazine" with an elephant in Botswana and just returned from a LD Eland hunt in CAR).

I booked with HHK by directly going to Graham. I didn't have anywhere near the personal or financial risk you did though. I must have read your hunt report here on AR a thousand times and have recommended it to others dozens more.

I hope you have many more that are just as enjoyable.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Niels, I think you are better off booking through one of the bigger firms than direct.

www.huntingconsortium.com

www.diana.dk

www.safari1.com

Diana would be my third choice and Bob Kern's hunting Consortium would be first. Bob owns the camps and is the outfitter. The rest are Mongol outfitters.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was looking for Mngolia based links, but the links you guys are posting looks good. Our own danish "Diana.dk" is the one I would really trust, but mostly because they are within neckwringing range of where I live, in case anything goes poop on a hunt the arranged.
Safari1.com looks allright. The link to Huntingconsortium.com didn't work

Thanks

Niels

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Niels,

Try this link to Kern's outfit: http://www.huntcon.com/home.htm

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a website for Jeff Neal that has Mongolia info.

www.jeffcnealinc.com

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I looked into Mongolia a while back. Can-Asia Expeditions was recommended to me the most, by far. Even the guys that religiously recommended Bob Kern or Safari Outfitters for everything, and use them for several trips a year, said Can-Asia is the best for Mongolia.
www.canasiaexpeditions.com

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am looking at going this year as well for Gobi Ibex. I have emailed Jeff Neal but have gotten no reply. He may be out of the country or something. Has anyone dealt with Cabelas? I talked with them the other day. CanAsia is my next call. Safari Outfitters is a little proud of their offerings and I am sure theirs are the same as everyone elses.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Niels:
Especially for "Mongol Safari". I know it sounds ridiculous and that I could just google it myself. I tried and came up with nothing. So if you have good links, please share.. cheers

Have a good one

Niels

There are a number of reports about Mongol Safaris in "The Hunting Report" http://www.huntingreport.com/

Contact information for Mongol Safaris is listed as:
Mongol Safaris. Ulaan Baatar, 38 Baigal Ordon, Mongolia. Tel. 011-976-1-360267. Fax 011-976-1-360067

No website is mentioned, though appears that Safari Outfitters (http://www.safari1.com ) does book for them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
I am looking at going this year as well for Gobi Ibex. I have emailed Jeff Neal but have gotten no reply. He may be out of the country or something. Has anyone dealt with Cabelas? I talked with them the other day. CanAsia is my next call. Safari Outfitters is a little proud of their offerings and I am sure theirs are the same as everyone elses.

I booked with Cabelas for Altai ibex. Wrote a story about it in the current issue of Sporting Classics. Good hunt. Deal with Greg Severinsen.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote