ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Where to hunt for IBEX - your recommendations.

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to hunt for IBEX - your recommendations.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to hunt Ibex - where is the best place to go and still get your money's worth?

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Kyrgyzstan offers pretty good value and a great adventure!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S, could you expand a bit on your experiences? - cost, days, equipment, ibex type, size, etc. Thanks for your reply. AIU

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
I did it in combo with Marco Polo but a straight ibex hunt you are likely looking at around $10,000 by the time you cover your air fare, in country expenses, etc. Kyrg had mid Asian ibex. It's typically a horseback hunt but does require some strenuous climbing. I'd say in the better ibex areas you could expect one in the mid 40s.

Saying you want to hunt ibex is kind of like saying you want to hunt deer. You really need to establish a budget, decide what type of hunt you want, what type of ibex you want and what type of experience you want and what type of hunt you are comfortable with. They range from pretty rustic to five star with a variety of prices to match.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Ibex in spring have wonderful coats.
We hunted Altai mountains of Mongolia.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
I would say Kyrgyzstan is the best value for the mid-Asian's, being relatively cheap and very good billy's there too. Tajikistan is a little cheaper but the Ibex are usually a little smaller.

If you're looking at different species, Mongolia is raising it's prices but still one of the cheaper ibex hunts. There are deals to be had for Bezoar Ibex in Turkey but it will still cost around $12,000. Spain is another option with some decent deals there as well, but there's usually a trophy fee system so the really big billies are going to be pricey.

I think mid-Asian is your best bet. It's a difficult hunt but the horses help a lot and it's affordable.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whom are the quality and trust worthy outfitters? How does one go about arranging a hunt? Greg, I assume you sponsor hunts - correct? Thanks again for the replies. AIU

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
I booked through Bryan Martin at Asian Mountain Outfitters....he works with some outfitters in Kyrgyzstan that have access to some very high quality ibex areas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.Eleanor Roosevelt

I love this quote - so true. Eleanor was a smart lady. AIU

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Arjun Reddy books for Seladang. That's who I hunted with. I would recommend them. Also I would consider Bryan Martin based on friends and other forum member's experiences. Kyrgyzstan is a great country to hunt and visit. I really enjoyed my trip and I enjoy looking at my ibex in my office as I type!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
My Kyrgyzstan ibex hunt is in the latest Texas Sporting Journal. When they get their website updated this week I'll see if I can post a link (or go buy a copy, it's a great publication).

I also booked with Seladang/Arjun

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you feel safe in Kyrgyzstan?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
I booked through Bryan Martin at Asian Mountain Outfitters....he works with some outfitters in Kyrgyzstan that have access to some very high quality ibex areas.

hello you may speak high of Bryan Martin but still remember it was caught as a poacher.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...561027481#3561027481

all the best,

Posts: 1737 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
Greg, I assume you sponsor hunts - correct? Thanks again for the replies. AIU

Correct sir. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, very safe.

One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
quote:

Yes, very safe.

X2 felt very safe especially out in the hunting areas.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted Kyrgyzstan - shot a 48,5 inch ibex. Many spots to hunt and somewhere you will not find any mature males. Altitude 3.000 - 5.000 meters. Horses ! Can be combined with Marco Polo. Rugged mountains.

Hunted Kazakhstan - shot a 51,5 inch ibex. The Alatau Mountains most likely to be the hunting ground. Altitude 2.500 - 3.000 meters. You see a lot of ibex. Much smaller though in body compared to Kyrgizstan and Tajikistan. Horses. Nice to combine with Maral deer. More open grassy mountains.

Hunted Tajikistan - shot a 45 inch - big body ibex. Altitude 4.000 - 5.000. Not so rugged as Kyrgizstan, but can be cold due to cold winds. Can be combined with Marco Polo.

Kyrgizstan cheapest, Kazakhstan more comfortable because hunting in August and lower altitude, Tajikistan biggest body !

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should also look at European Outfitters ! I think that you will find that favourable regarding price and experience !

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Try Austria if you want an alpine. Daily rate and trophy fee on this one cost me about $9K.

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote