Login/Join

Picture of Paulo Oliveira
posted
Mozambique - Elephant Hunt

Local area: Cabo Delgado Province

Outfitter : Negomano Safaris

Agent: Portugal Hunting

Dates: September - October 2010

Normal Price: 21 days – 29 000 euros plus trophy fees (total 56 000 euros for 70 pounds elephant)

Discount price : 35 000 euros
The price includes:
18 days hunt 1X1
1 Elephant any size trophy fee and government fee (average trophies at the area 60-75 pounds)
• Lodging in complete pension in houses built in local material or luxury safari tents;
• Daily laundry support;
• The accompaniment of the Professional Hunter;
• Encampment auxiliary Staff;
• Guides, Trackers and Skinners for treatment of trophies in the place of hunt;
• Transport in 4x4 cars between all encampments;
• Water, beer, cooling and non-alcoholic drinks.

Note: Any other type of costs or expenses here not mentioned are not included on daily rates and must be considered extras and paid separately.

Not include: international and domestic airfares, charters, dipping and packing, veterinary licenses, Cites licenses fees, transport of the trophies to Maputo.

It’s hard to believe this hunt is still open, and it has been greatly reduced in price! The Cabo Delgado region lays Niassa reserve and produces in my opinion, some of the very best elephants available in today's Africa. If you are still looking for a fabulous Elephant hunt, at a great price, this is the ONE!!This area have produce some amazing trophies during the last years some over 100 pounds. More than 1800 elephants have been count, this year, by the Niassa Reserve Management at this 400.000 hectares hunting area .Leopard, Lion, buffalo, and loads of plains game will also be available. Including some of the excellent Sable the region is famed for!
Please contact me for any additional details.

Thank you,

Paulo Oliveira
portugalhunting@viagensdelmar.pt
www.viagensdelmar.pt
+351919361383

Paulo Oliveira
Portugal Hunting Director
Telemóvel : +351 919361383
Rua António Coentro Pinho, 14, 3880-038 OVAR - PORTUGAL www.portugalhunting.com email: info@portugalhunting.com
RNAVT - 7661

Picture of Paulo Oliveira
posted Hide Post
end of season for elephant package.

Paulo Oliveira
Portugal Hunting Director
Telemóvel : +351 919361383
Rua António Coentro Pinho, 14, 3880-038 OVAR - PORTUGAL www.portugalhunting.com email: info@portugalhunting.com
RNAVT - 7661

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulo Oliveira:

Discount price : 35 000 euros
The price includes: non-alcoholic drinks.

It’s hard to believe this hunt is still open.

Hello Paulo

With all do respect, if my math is correct 35K E = $49,000 after tax U.S. dollars (and the trophy fee has been paid in advance). And then you won't even buy me a bourbon at the end of the day. Confused

If this is right, then it is not, at all, hard for me to believe that the hunt has not sold.

Yes, I also have heard that the U.S. recession has been over for 15 months Wink Wink, but..........

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I also have heard that the U.S. recession has been over for 15 months , but..........

Heard yes...felt no!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Recession still in progress in Bridgeport. Not a good deal for USA. Can you bring ivory from Moz to USA now?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1245 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brain - No.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
Recession still in progress in Bridgeport. Not a good deal for USA. Can you bring ivory from Moz to USA now?

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am afraid to ask what the non-discounted price might have been...

Good Luck with the most expensive hunt posted here all year, especially if someone else gets the ivory.

regards,

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I don't know Paulo from Adam but I can tell you the price is not really out of line if your looking for a really big elephant. Put a pencil on the pricing for the top producers in Botswana and Tanzania and you'll see what I'm talking about. Our own prices in Masailand start in the $70,000's before you pull the trigger. As far as importation of ivory is concerned from Mozambique you have to realize that many countries have no problem with Mozambique ivory and AR has memebers from all over the world.

I think you guys are bashing Paulo's ad without really understanding what he's offering and what the market pricing really is.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

I don't know Paulo from Adam but I can tell you the price is not really out of line if your looking for a really big elephant. Put a pencil on the pricing for the top producers in Botswana and Tanzania and you'll see what I'm talking about. Our own prices in Masailand start in the $70,000's before you pull the trigger. As far as importation of ivory is concerned from Mozambique you have to realize that many countries have no problem with Mozambique ivory and AR has memebers from all over the world.

I think you guys are bashing Paulo's ad without really understanding what he's offering and what the market pricing really is.

Mark

Mark:

If the trophy fee is refundable (should the elephant not be taken), and the ivory is yours to take home (should you be successful), the price would be attractive.

As far as the American client is concerned, and given that Mozambican ivory still appears to be a restricted importation to the USA, it could be a somewhat costly "photographic trophy safari" and may not appeal to most.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I would not dispute your points. However, this is listed under discount hunts. Where is the discount?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1245 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This forum is Outfitters Offered and Discounted Hunts so he can offer at full price or not. Paulo's hunt IS a discount when you compare his example of a a 70 pounder at 56,000 euros normal price or this discounted hunt for any size ele at 35,000 euros. 21,000 euros more than compensates for the 3 days shorter hunting time don't you think?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
This forum is Outfitters Offered and Discounted Hunts so he can offer at full price or not. Paulo's hunt IS a discount when you compare his example of a a 70 pounder at 56,000 euros normal price or this discounted hunt for any size ele at 35,000 euros. 21,000 euros more than compensates for the 3 days shorter hunting time don't you think?

Mark

I agree with Mark. I like to see these hunts posted. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

As for recession, it has made all kinds of things a lot less expensive. In PHX, now is the time to stash up on rental property - could pay your way to fine hunting for years to come.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
This is not a bad price for an Ele hunt in the "Niassa area" where it is not uncommon to shoot 80lbs Ele with some over 100lbs taken each season. But if I was looking for this type of hunt there are other blocks that would interest me more.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote