Find
Notify
Tools

SELF GUIDED ZIMBABWE DANGEROUS GAME HUNTS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

You are positively "Ate up" with this safari business.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Since you know me well enough I take that as the compliment I know it is meant to be.

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
May be splitting hairs but anytime there is a PH in attendance, it's not self-guided.

Exactly what I thought. That said, I would value the presence of the PH as long as he didn't feel he needed to shoot my stuff for me and as long as I had a bit more say in exactly how and when I wanted to hunt.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

There are far worse things than being a safari wacko and yes no insult was meant. I think the levity here is often missed.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I am starting my savings plan right now. Can't wait to get the full information. Doing a trip like this with anotehr person would be awesome experience - like hunting the steep bush after a helicopter flight..except that this is real Africa!

Martin was on my top three to contact for my first safari anyway. Now he has gone to No1!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
I am starting my savings plan right now. Can't wait to get the full information. Doing a trip like this with anotehr person would be awesome experience - like hunting the steep bush after a helicopter flight..except that this is real Africa!

Martin was on my top three to contact for my first safari anyway. Now he has gone to No1!

Better brush up on your mechanics and suggest a post grad course in medicine. How is your Shona? Take a sat phone and when the shit hits the fan you can then call 'Buffalo's R Us'

Must say this is an interesting and workable concept and maybe the best plan here is the option to call up a standby PH at a very steep rate if you feel you need one? Same goes for other essentials such as cold beer.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
And as soon as someone gets whacked their heirs will be suing everyone in sight.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
And as soon as someone gets whacked their heirs will be suing everyone in sight.

These things always have a waiver, as do all DG hunts guided or not. Good luck suing a PH in Zim. And what will be the basis of their case, that their husband was allowed to go alone after DG in a DG area on a hunt that was specifically self guided?
bewildered

Will, do you believe your idol Pondoro Taylor was born an expert? Come-on they didn't have satalite phones or global rescue back then and malaria killed more guys than anything else. They just manned-up and got down to business.
Roll Eyes

Maybe the guys who are too sissy to do it on their own can have you sew them an elephant leather mini-skirt and be done with it....
Wink

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
So Jason, what is your problem nowadays? You're using surestrike as your role model?

Taylor manned up, probably never tried to sue anyone, was poor all his life, did not suck up to PH's with unlimited funds, didn't hold down a job or have kids and a wife to support, had his rich Daddy surgeon to bail him out when necessary, didn't have rich clients that had worked all their lives to fund a few exorbitantly priced hunting trips to Africa, except for Dawkins who footed some of Taylor's bills, had broke all the game laws and smuggled ivory and rhino horn to get by, and for all his efforts died a poor, broke, degraded, and starving pauper in a stinking London boarding house.

I don't remember the last PH or self-guided hunter that died a poor, broke, degraded, and starving pauper in a stinking Harare whore house.

But if you're man enough, go for it and let us know how it turns out. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Curmudgeon cakes all around! Will, how about you and I team up and try for a couple Buff....I'm thinking I'm probably faster than you!

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote