Find
Notify
Tools

Cancellation elephant hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted
Due to two groups that had to cancel their hunts because of health reasons, I have 3 elephant bulls that I need to sell, thus I am offering them at an unbelievable price.

The hunts will be in either the Sobbe- or Sikunga conservancy in the Caprivi of Namibia. Ndumo Safaris will be the outfitter, and I or Fred Bezuidenhout will most likely be the PH (date dependant).

Any date between 25th of July and 30 November can be made to work. Now to mid-August and the whole November will be best for Sobbe, and Sikunga will be best from now to around the 14th of November, when it most likely will become a bit wet.

The hunts will be sold under the following conditions:

Day fees (any area, 12 days):US$ 12 000

Trophy fee for first elephant: US$ 12 000 in Sobbe

US$ 14 500 in Sikunga

If a hunter wants to hunt a second bull, the trophy fee will be US$ 18 500 irrespective of which area.

50% deposit on day fees secures the hunt and a date, other 50% payable prior to hunt, and all trophy fees payable in full before hunter leaves the Caprivi. (In case of a hunter wanting to book a second bull, 50% deposit on the trophy fee for second bull is also payable.)

Other game and prices are as follows (limited quota so it may change):

Buffalo (6000), sable (7500), kudu (1500), Chapman's zebra (1500), blue wildebeest (1000) in Sobbe

Hippo (4000) and croc (4000) in Sikunga.

If any of my booked hunters want to upgrade to include an elephant trophy bull, they can do so at US$ 15 000 irrespective of which area.

Included are all taxes, permits, 12 hunting days, 2 travel days, all meals and drinks (in moderation), accommodation in one of my hunting camps, and field prep of all trophies, pick up and drop off at either Katima or Kasane airport.

Excluded are all items of a personal nature, all travel and accommodation costs before or after safari, and all taxidermy and dip and pack charges.

I am hunting at the moment, so do not have access to internet all the time, thus my normal email address ( karl@huntingsafaris.net ) and this site will only be read every 3 or so days. For a quicker response, please use my email address that comes to my cell phone ( karlstumpfe@gmail.com ) or email Rose Bezuidenhout on admin@huntingsafaris.net .

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great deal.

Karl how is your season going so far? I know I saw one excellent, well matched bull taken earlier this year on your Facebook page.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Karl, PM sent

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I hunted elephant with Karl this past May. Great hunt. You'll be in good hands hunting with either Karl or Fred. Here's my hunt report:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1591008981

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2294 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What can one expect in sizes?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Boarkiller, I have averaged close to 50lbs over the last 5 years in Sobbe. I have onbly received Sikunga recently, but have shot some nice tuckers there already. (both over 40 lbs.) I think if you are happy with a 40lbs plus bull, you will not be disappointed.

Safari, our season is going good. It is very dry this year, making the hunting in Sobbe hard, but there is enough movement that you will get a bull in the time periods as stipulated above. Sikunga has LOTS of movement, until the rains start (end October), then Sobbe will be the busier area.

Tom, thanks for that great hunt report.

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Hunted with Karl 6/3 - 6/15. Took a nice trophy elephant in Sikunga, as well as a hippo. Also took a zebra in Sobbe. Father in law took an elephant in Sobbe as well as a roan. Karl runs a great operation and will work sun-up to sun-down everyday until you get what you want. Food and laughs are plentiful.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
glad to hear you and Mike were successful. the new camp at Sikunga is going to be a really beautiful place, isn't it. hope to use it in Oct.

One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Thanks jdollar. They are working around the clock at Sikunga. Karl said you were coming out. The camp should be easily finished by then. Jealous.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The BLB:
Thanks jdollar. They are working around the clock at Sikunga. Karl said you were coming out. The camp should be easily finished by then. Jealous.

Beau..any way you could post a report on your hunt with Karl?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I have hunted with Karl a few times for those bad boys and other animals
This is the best hunt for Jumbos you could ever go on. Everyone we have sent have all been very happy and successful.
Go with the Jumbo Guru. He is the best.
Try it you will like it.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Let me just add that if you are in need of a Roan, as I was, we saw plenty in the Sobbe area. Not daily but on average every other day. I took a good old boy with both horns groomed off. He completed my African 29, so was a big deal for me. My Ele was an own use/non-export bull, while Beau's was a trophy bull with nice ivory that will look great in his man cave! Ha-Ha!

Karl is a great host and will do everything possible to ensure you have a terrific safari.

Jerry - Good luck on your October Ele hunt; Sikunga will be wet, but should be holding Elephants. The new camp is gonna be exceptional!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
when i was there last year it was the second week in Oct and the rains hadn't started. this time it will be the fourth week and , yes, we will probably get wet on occasion! the first hour of the first day last year we saw a really nice roan at about the only waterhole still wet in Sobbe. of course, the quota was already gone....

One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Safari2 - I will try and write up a report this week, if work permits. Thanks.

Beau

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thank you Karl for your response. I will have to make it to Caprivi one of these days for Elephant. Like I said in Spring, money is in short supply this year due to Zim elephant hunt last year.
You hAVE no idea how much I wanna go.
Pretty much driving myself a bit nuts :-)
Milan

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
is this brownbear hunt yours karl

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank, no it is my own hunt, not in brownbear's area. I have sent you an email, did you get it?

Karl Stumpfe
karl@huntingsafaris.net