New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord Derby Cancellation Hunt Deal - Season 2025
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

For those who do not know us we have been selling LDE hunts for more than 20 years to more than 120 SCI clients. We are located in the Faro area, in ZIC 5, in north Cameroon. If you need any info on us you can find some reports about our operation on AR or you can contact me directly.

We are offering a cancellation deal for the second half of January 2025 (exact dates to be confirmed) in Cameroon for 1 Lord Derby Eland at the price of 42 000 euro.

Included:
-hunting permit
-trophy fee
-meet and greet in Nagoundere/Garoua
-12-13 days hunt, full board.

Not included :
-15% village tax
-dip and pack shipment to paris
-transportation to NGE/Garoua
-visa, gun permit, expenses outside of camp
-wifi 300E
-insurances

Possibility of quota extension:
-1 Waterbuck or 1 Roan. Add trophy fee, village tax 15% and dps. 1500E
-B/C species up to 4, Add trophy fee, village tax 15% and 500E dps per specy.

-50 % deposit on booking and 50% in september 2024

For the hunting permit we will need :
4ID photos
Copy of the passport
Copy of the rifle ID US paper
A prescription from MD saying: you are able to hunt north Cameroon

Note: Only one of each species can be shot during the safari, female and young are forbidden to hunt (double fee will have to be paid), a wounded animal not found is considered shot and the fee will have to be paid.

Feel free to email me for more information and bookings: rgdahlan@hotmail.com
Instagram : faroeast
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/profi...p?id=100068912316380
Phone number : +32485212274

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net
IG : faroeast
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profi...p?id=100068912316380

Posts: 22 | Location: North Cameroon | Registered: 31 January 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
If you’ve ever wanted to hunt Lord Derby Eland, you should consider this offer. Lord Derby hunt prices are escalating rapidly, similar to the levels of some stone sheep hunts. They’re only going to get more expensive as more hunters realize this is becoming a hunt that may not be available for too many more years.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what is the trophy fee for roan? Sounds interesting, but I don't have a doctor to say I can go. I do what i want. If that's a dealbreaker, so be it.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cameroon requires the prescription from the MD for the hunting licence otherwise they will not grant it. You do not ask permission from your doctor your are simply giving the required documents in order to obtain the hunting licence. If you know you are in good shape, then there is no issue, it is just a formality.

The trophy fee for Roan is 4500 Euros.

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

Posts: 22 | Location: North Cameroon | Registered: 31 January 2024Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
If you’ve ever wanted to hunt Lord Derby Eland, you should consider this offer. Lord Derby hunt prices are escalating rapidly, similar to the levels of some stone sheep hunts. They’re only going to get more expensive as more hunters realize this is becoming a hunt that may not be available for too many more years.

I could not agree more with you. Also second half of January is probably the best period for hunting lord derby, not hot like in March. This is a great deal guys, someone should jump on this !!

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

posted Hide Post
Here are the elands of this season. We managed to harvest 2 50 inches and 1 51 inches as well :

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome animals!

Posts: 196 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
Awesome animals!

Thank you !! It was indeed a great season !

If you are interested or if you want more references about us, do not hesitate to contact me !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took an old LDE within a couple of hours of arriving in camp at Faro East. A very well managed outfit. Highly recommended!

Posts: 295 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:
I took an old LDE within a couple of hours of arriving in camp at Faro East. A very well managed outfit. Highly recommended!

Thank you for the support ! It was a great hunt indeed ! You took a great buff as well !

Offer is still available ! Go ahead and book this great hunt !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
Awesome animals!

Thank you !!

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

What the hell is this?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66950 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

What the hell is this?

I explained that already in a reply. In order to obtain the hunting license from the game department you need to give a prescription from MD that you are able to hunt. I do not make the rules.

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Just curious, what is the trophy fee for roan? Sounds interesting, but I don't have a doctor to say I can go. I do what i want. If that's a dealbreaker, so be it.

All the government requires is a letter on doctors or medical office letterhead stating you’re in good health and able to engage in strenuous exercise. If you need an example letter, PM me and I’ll send you a copy of my letter as a sample. It was easy peasy. I just called my doctor’s office, told them what I needed and picked up the letter.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
That is one of the most stupid requirements I have ever seen!

Does that mean if a hunter dies on safari the government covers his insurance??

Posts: 66950 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No they do not cover anything, the clients have their own insurance for that. Also there is a difference between dying from a heart attack after walking a whole day under the heat because you have a heart condition or being killed by a buffalo charge, then the responsibility of the PH is at stake.

The game department wants to make sure that you are in a good health to hunt. Lord derby hunting is one of the toughest hunts you could find in Africa, ask any PH or clients that have done it. Not only it is very hot, especially from mid Feb until end of april where it can go up to 45°C, but also the soil in savannah is one of the toughest you could find. It can take several days walking up to 10 to 15 km a day, so it is clearly not for everyone. You can find the Eland the first day, the first morning on the road if you are lucky, but it usually does not happen this way. After 20 years of selling Lord Derby hunts, and more than 140 LDE down, I know what I am talking about.

You think this is stupid, it is your opinion which I respect, but this is the rule and we do not bend the rules. In my opinion it is far from being stupid as it gives the certainty that the client is up for it. If you do not want to go through that process then fine don’t buy an Eland hunt, no one is forcing anyone to do it. You know if you are in a good enough condition or not to do it. Now if a client manages to convince his doctor to give him that paper even though he should not do the hunt, then it is the client’s responsibility.

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is one of the most stupid requirements I have ever seen!

Does that mean if a hunter dies on safari the government covers his insurance??

Knowing someone whose hunting partner died of heatstroke on a Bongo hunt in Cameroon I can assure you the government is not covering any expenses. It was a shitshow.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

This is an excellent price point in the current LDE market. Anyone considering LDE should give this offer a good hard look...

As for the doctor's note, a very small inconvenience to have the opportunity to hunt what is widely regarded as one of the greatest game animals in Africa IMO. I'm hunting Cameroon next February and will simply get the letter along with malaria prophylaxis at a travel clinic...no big deal.

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAGuardian:
quote:

+1

This is an excellent price point in the current LDE market. Anyone considering LDE should give this offer a good hard look...

As for the doctor's note, a very small inconvenience to have the opportunity to hunt what is widely regarded as one of the greatest game animals in Africa IMO. I'm hunting Cameroon next February and will simply get the letter along with malaria prophylaxis at a travel clinic...no big deal.

Indeed this is a great price compared to today's market. You do not see cancellation offer like that everyday, especially during the prime period for hunting LDE.

I fully agree concerning the doctor's note. At the end of the day that paper is just a formality and I guess is not a big deal.

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faro East:
No they do not cover anything, the clients have their own insurance for that. Also there is a difference between dying from a heart attack after walking a whole day under the heat because you have a heart condition or being killed by a buffalo charge, then the responsibility of the PH is at stake.

The game department wants to make sure that you are in a good health to hunt. Lord derby hunting is one of the toughest hunts you could find in Africa, ask any PH or clients that have done it. Not only it is very hot, especially from mid Feb until end of april where it can go up to 45°C, but also the soil in savannah is one of the toughest you could find. It can take several days walking up to 10 to 15 km a day, so it is clearly not for everyone. You can find the Eland the first day, the first morning on the road if you are lucky, but it usually does not happen this way. After 20 years of selling Lord Derby hunts, and more than 140 LDE down, I know what I am talking about.

You think this is stupid, it is your opinion which I respect, but this is the rule and we do not bend the rules. In my opinion it is far from being stupid as it gives the certainty that the client is up for it. If you do not want to go through that process then fine don’t buy an Eland hunt, no one is forcing anyone to do it. You know if you are in a good enough condition or not to do it. Now if a client manages to convince his doctor to give him that paper even though he should not do the hunt, then it is the client’s responsibility.

I have been hunting Africa for many years.

Walk over 30 k a day without any hassle, in the heat of a Chete.

No one asked me for a medical approval.

There are enough silly “requirements” in hunting, and this one is utterly stupid.

That crosses off my hunting in that country!

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
And another one bites the dust……..

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Faro East:

I have been hunting Africa for many years.

Walk over 30 k a day without any hassle, in the heat of a Chete.

No one asked me for a medical approval.

There are enough silly “requirements” in hunting, and this one is utterly stupid.

That crosses off my hunting in that country!

Too bad I am sure you would have loved that Eland hunt !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am sure I would.

But, I am NOT a trophy hunter.

And I try to go hunt places where the governments don’t put silly hoops I have to jump through.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
For those who may be interested (Saeed, my friend, sit and take a deep breath on this one) the main thing you’ll need to do, other than a 2 sentence doctor letter stating you’re in good health to exercise and walk; is to get your Cameroonian gun permit, which has to be issued with your visa. This is only done through Cameroon’s embassy in Brussels, Belgium.

I booked my travel through Shawn Kennedy of Gracy Travel. They have a contact in Paris to whom I FedEx’ed my passport and he then takes a train to Brussels to get the Visa and gun permit. It takes a few weeks and costs a fair bit due to the process, but I had my passport back in about 3 weeks with the Visa and gun permit.

Cameroon is more cumbersome to travel to than any other African country Im aware of, but…
If you want to hunt Lord Derby Eland, it’s the only option so you jump through the hoops. I’m glad I did it but am not sure I would again. I do want to do a roan & buffalo hunt, but there are other things and places I want to hunt more, so if I go back, it’ll be at least 5-6 years into the future.

posted Hide Post
The contact they have that takes care of the visa is also a travel agent and he can also take care of your international flight. We ve been working with him since we started operating. He will also take care of the local flight, meet and greet at Douala's airport and your hotel night in Douala. Of course You can also use your own travel agent for the international flight.

I fully agree that travelling to Cameroon is more complicated than going to other countries. We have tried over the years to explain that to the authorities in place but it simply does not change. However when you arrive in Douala the meet and greet team that we have will handle everything concerning your gun and ammo, and will take you to the hotel. The next morning they will pick you up and take you to the airport for your local flight. My team then will pick you at the airport in the north and you will go straight to camp. You will have a 2hours and 30 minutes drive.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s far easier for me to get a Cameroonian Visa than a US or Schengen Visa.

This is a great offer and I am surprised it is still available. Go now, prices are getting out of control. It just might be the finest tracking hunt. I got my bull in 2022 on day 9 after about 120km on foot the previous 8 days.

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
yes the offer is still available ! It is indeed a great deal when you compare to today's market ! Someone should jump on that offer !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the trophy fees for the waterbuck and roan ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webster:
What are the trophy fees for the waterbuck and roan ?

3000 euros for waterbuck
4500 euros for roan

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Cameroon a little over a year ago and did not have to provide anything from a doctor or anyone else regarding my medical/physical ability to hunt.

Has something changed?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I hunted in Cameroon a little over a year ago and did not have to provide anything from a doctor or anyone else regarding my medical/physical ability to hunt.

Has something changed?

Hi Mike,

Nothing changed for the past 30 years. It is mandatory for all hunters to give a letter from their MD in order to get the hunting license. I know some people get that paper from a local doctor for a cheap price to avoid the clients to be bothered with that, but you can imagine the consequences if something happens to the hunter. We do not do that.

A lot of people have talked about this subject on this thread (instead of the great offer we made), and as I think clients like when things are done by the book, I can show here the official requirements form from the game department in order to close the subject once and for all. You may not agree to give this information in order to be able to hunt, but this is how it goes in Cameroon, the rule is the rule.

By the way, if anyone is interested in this offer, which is still available, we can give you a spot also on the first half of February 2025.

Best regards,

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Small matter. I was just curious. Thanks.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I had to do it in 2015 to hunt the savannah with Peppi Chelet. I had forgotten about it. It took all of two minutes to call my MD and get a letter sent to my house. Strangely enough I don't remember doing it in 2017 when I hunted with Mayo Oldiri for bongo in the rain forest but well could have. It's a non-event really and if someone thinks this is an impediment to hunting one of the great spiral horns of Africa, they really don't want to do it badly enough imo.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it pretty silly myself.

I just typed it up and sent it… I guess it was an advantage for being in that line of work.

No one questioned it at all.

It’s not that big a deal- you have to go in and get the malaria meds and any travel required vaccines.

It sounds like a good deal- I’ve already got a LDE, or I’d be talking with them about it.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
I had to do it in 2015 to hunt the savannah with Peppi Chelet. I had forgotten about it. It took all of two minutes to call my MD and get a letter sent to my house. Strangely enough I don't remember doing it in 2017 when I hunted with Mayo Oldiri for bongo in the rain forest but well could have. It's a non-event really and if someone thinks this is an impediment to hunting one of the great spiral horns of Africa, they really don't want to do it badly enough imo.

IMHO, the "greatest" of the spiral horns. tu2

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I thought it pretty silly myself.

I just typed it up and sent it… I guess it was an advantage for being in that line of work.

No one questioned it at all.

It’s not that big a deal- you have to go in and get the malaria meds and any travel required vaccines.

It sounds like a good deal- I’ve already got a LDE, or I’d be talking with them about it.

We still can talk about you getting a second lord derby !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

posted Hide Post
The offer is still available. Do not miss this great opportunity to hunt a Lord Derby !

Romain Dahlan
rgdahlan@hotmail.com
+32485212274
www.faroeast.net

posted Hide Post
Can buffalo be added to this hunt?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
There are no Cape buffalo in Cameroon but there are savanna buffalo.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1072 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote