New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deal on SAVE lion package
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Terry Anders just finished up a lion hunt on his Savuli area of the Save Valley Conservancy. The lion came to the party and it was a monster but they just couldn't close the deal so the lion is still available and Terry is offering a very attractive package for it if you can come this year.

1x1 18 days to include daily fees and trophy fees for 1 lion $12,000, 1 eland $1,000, 1 kudu $950, 3 zebra $900 ea., 2 wildebeest $750 ea. and 2 impala $250 ea. $35,000 total. That works out to $908 per day for a lion hunt(was $1,500 per day)!!!

Success on mature lions is over 90% on the Save making it one of the very best places in Africa to find a big lion with a big wig.

Extras:

Additional trophy fees
Zim tax Daily fee 2%
Zim tax Trophy fees 4%
MARS $10 per day per person
Road transfer Bulawayo-Save RT $800
Dip/pack $500-$830 dependent on # of animals taken
Hotels as necessary
International airfare and trophy shipping

Contact me anytime with your questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
That is another fantastic deal!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! If I were back in the States I would buy this hunt. This is a great deal.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, with a 90% success rate, I assume the 9 previous lion hunters killed a cat? Are there that many lions available in the SAVE each year?

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I am the hunter that just returned from the hunt this weekend. I am surprised Terry has offered this, as he made an offer to me to come back later this year. He is working out the details with Adventure Unlimited.

You need to be careful on the facts, as Terry Anders and Forever African Safaris has never hunted lion on Savuli or Masapas where they can also shoot a lion. Success rates are high in the Save for people that have experience hunting lion.

Anyone interested in the operation, I am happy to fill you in on the hunt.

Rich

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops!
This is about to get real good. I think I would like to hear more..........

If my math is correct, 90% success of zero = zero chance of success - correct?

Seems experience hunting lions may need be a part of the equation....

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
popcorn

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vinny:
Oops!
This is about to get real good. I think I would like to hear more....

Rich, sorry your hunt didn't end with your lion in the salt. I would like to hear the story of your hunt please. The beauty of the internet is the free flow info exchange.

So Mark, another case of Ready, FIRE, aim?

Which is it this time-

A) The info chain somehow was bungled again
B) Lack of personal experience with the area, but with good intentions of making money on the deal
C) Something below board happening with TA
D) All of the Above?

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Nice tusks Rich, Mahenye ivory maybe?, please make a hunt report on your lion hunt.

Looks like a very good deal !

AD

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
I would like to hold off on any comments at this time until I can correspond with Forever African Safaris. I do not want to shed any light positive or negative until I can understand what is happening.

AD, yes Mahenye Ivory 78#'s 6'11". It was a great hunt with Johnny Hulme of Zambezi Hunters. I believe you were there the year before I was.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see this now marked sold. What happened?

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RichP470,

You went on a lion safari and didn't kill a lion. Welcome to the club. Terry offered to let you return to pursue the lion. You refused. Correct? I see no problem here.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about my math?
You said the "lion came to the party" but apparently not the right party?
So much for 90% success rates with a PH that has no lion experience and a company that has not hunted lions.
I think that makes them 100% on not getting a lion.

Your response is a bit out of character for you. I suggest you answer his very legitimate question instead of double selling a lion hunt. This smacks of "bait and switch" then switch again and sell again.

Mark,
Seems you know a lot more than you are letting on if the hunter did not know the 'deal'.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RichP, Now that the hunt is sold to someone else, how about a hunt report.
I'm betting this will be very interesting. shocker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vinny,

I really don't know what your talking about. I did not sell the lion hunt to RichP 470. John Barth sold him the lion safari. Rich didn't get the lion. That's hunting. Because I advertised the lion again I'm somehow a bad guy? You have to explain that.

How many lion hunts have you been on? If it had been many you'd agree that regardless of having everything lined out it might just not happen.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
On lion hunts - 2 with a 50% success rate.

Selling the hunt without telling the public that the outfit has no lion experience is not right. Also, selling it a second time immediately after the first one did not go as hoped without the 1st hunter having declined a second hunt is not right either.

I think the guys you are representing are milking the cow once too often. I hope the second guy has success - then it will be 50% success rather than the current 0%. Seems a long way from 90%.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark
I guess I am missing something
The offer say's 18 days and then it said
quote:
1x1 18 days to include daily fees and trophy fees for 1 lion $12,000

So is it $12,000 or $35,000 even if you add all the other animals listed its only $18,650.
Iam sure there is something I am misreading.
Or did you leave something out. Sorry
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caveat emptor. Do a search on "Mahenge North" or 100% refundable deposits kept for "paperwork" , etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vinny:
Mark,
On lion hunts - 2 with a 50% success rate.

Selling the hunt without telling the public that the outfit has no lion experience is not right. Also, selling it a second time immediately after the first one did not go as hoped without the 1st hunter having declined a second hunt is not right either.

I think the guys you are representing are milking the cow once too often. I hope the second guy has success - then it will be 50% success rather than the current 0%. Seems a long way from 90%.

Vinny,

I'm not picking sides here, but you should go back and re-read the original post. For some reason you seem to be assuming that 90% equates to ten lion hunts per year and nine lions being taken each year. There is no time frame for the 90% success rate given in the original post, so it could just as easily mean that there have been 50 hunts in the last ten years and 45 lions taken.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I read it as $35,000 for the hunt with trophy fees. Mark listed the trophy fees for a total of $18,650.00. the remaining amount is the day rate he mentions at $908 for 18 days. The total is $35,000.00. A good price IMO for a lion hunt on the Save.

Dark Continent,

Mark Young/Adam Clements Safaris is one of the top tier operator/booking agents around. Their service is good and I have been well pleased with Mark and Adam's other associates. I have hunted in Tanzania, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe with Mark and Adam. Even though I am not a "high profile" client my wife and I have always been treated as such by Mark. Maybe one day you will have a positive post about something. How about sharing your experience with booking agents and outfitters in Africa.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Since the hunt is sold good luck to the hunter.

If my memory is correct Savuli borders Mokore and is a beautiful area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:

Dark Continent,

Mark Young/Adam Clements Safaris is one of the top tier operator/booking agents around. Their service is good and I have been well pleased with Mark and Adam's other associates. I have hunted in Tanzania, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe with Mark and Adam. Even though I am not a "high profile" client my wife and I have always been treated as such by Mark. Maybe one day you will have a positive post about something. How about sharing your experience with booking agents and outfitters in Africa.

Others here beg to differ. Glad yours was a good experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Continent:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:

Dark Continent,

Others here beg to differ. Glad yours was a good experience.

I am assuming that you are one of the "others," so why not tell us about your experience?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I've booked a total of four, (4) hunts with Mark.

Yes he's a friend but I don't owe him a damned thing. If I weren't satisfied with his business I'd simply spend my hunting money elsewhere and socialize with him the same as allways.

"Dark Continent" location not disclosed. More anonymous www slander. How boring.

Posts: 9116 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
Wow, that happened fast. Until I see something in writing, I will still withhold comment on a hunt report. If I do go back, from which I understand I had this week to decide, I have the option per Terry, of bringing in the PH of my choice who has a history of lion hunting in the Save Valley, of which I did throw out some names with him the day before I left.

Mark, not sure what club you are referring to. Is this an unsuccessful club due to a client being incompetent or outfitter and their staff not being up to par? I did not refuse and did not send anything in writing, and as I say above, I thought I had this week to decide. Evidently that is not the case according to you.

If I didn't book the hunt this year in the Save, one of my options was to book a Kizigo lion hunt with Bruce Watson, who I hunted in the Selous with in 03 that is now hunting for Adam and is a great PH with an excellent track record. I still may do it in the next year or so, as I was in touch with Adam when I was in the Save just before he left because things were not going according to plan.

I have always had success in the past when dealing with knowledgable competent PH's and their staff. Success for me is not the killing the biggest animal. It is about an overall quality experience. Hunting is hunting, but success in taking the animal you are after can be improved and achieved with proper preparation. Writing off not getting the trophy you are after because that is hunting is a cop out.

Terry did say that you have been after him for a lion hunt and he was potentially going to offer you a substantially discounted hunt if I did not go back as you have been looking for a lion hunt. The good news is that I have had this hunt filmed, and everything is documented along the way. So the good news if there are any discrepencies, the video should show what happened on the trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sell it to Aaron
He was looking to SAVE a lion... jumping
Sorry, couldn't help it

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunters Quest:
Sell it to Aaron
He was looking to SAVE a lion... jumping
Sorry, couldn't help it

HQ - I would, but I leave tonight for a Moz lion hunt already! If the lion is as big as described, he likely wouldn't be saved. I only "SAVE" the young ones!!! Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Aaron
Politics and bullshit aside, so long as you or any of the rest of us are hunting there is money going into conservation.
Looking forward to the report.
HQ

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here?
Hunter scorned!
Hunt resold!

Hunt report???

Makes for a good "who done it" mystery....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like this hunt was sold. But, the new hunter must have backed out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There seems to be some ongoing negotiations going on that I was not privy to or at least someone thought there was. When I know the exact status of this hunt I'll either delete the ad or repost it dependent on whether it is still available or not.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The way I read Mark's original post, I thought he was revealing a success rate for the entire Save Valley Conservancy. Perhaps i am wrong.

Gentlemen, it is not uncommon in the hunting business to contact numerous agents about selling a particular hunt. It is entirely possible to have one agent working out the details while another is attempting to sell the same hunt. It could well be that all of the other agents have no idea that the hunt is sold or close to being sold.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I read Mark's post and the the ensuing post by the hunter -

Hunt sold in Save for a lion.

Lion not killed due to inexperience by PH and outfitter.

Outfitter and PH no experience hunting/shooting lions.

Hunter comes home.

Hunt is offered for sale within days of the hunter returning even though the hunter was offered another chance.Public is told that a 90% success rate is the norm.

Hunter says he has not decided but was given some time to decide on a do over.

Hunt gets "sold" again.

Hunter and outfitter may or may not be talking about a do-over, yet the agent selling the hunt for the 2nd time is unaware of details.

Right?

Well, if you are selling something, I would think you would know every detail of the deal on something costing above $25000.

In the end, it does not affect me but sure sheds light on "reduced/discounted" hunts being sold and the dealings going on in the background.

Buyer beware or at least have an agent with some level of committment or liability in the deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark did not sell the original hunt. John Barth did.

Rich refers to Adventure Unlimited working on the details of the return. Mark said in no uncertain terms that John Barth sold the hunt.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
The way I read Mark's original post, I thought he was revealing a success rate for the entire Save Valley Conservancy. Perhaps i am wrong.

Do you really think that 9 out of 10 Lion hunters in the Save score? Seriously?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My comments had nothing to do with the accuracy of what Mark said. I simply relayed what I thought he meant.

Do I think 9 out of 10 kill lions in the Save? I have no idea . My experience in the Save has been the last 2 years with Zambezi Hunters. I believe that ZH would meet that ratio. Having said that, they take very few lions each year. The quota is low. I believe only 1 or 2 lions a year. I have zero idea about the other outfitters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but could it be that there is a 90% success rate on filling the quota?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPrice:
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but could it be that there is a 90% success rate on filling the quota?

Filling a quota of "hunters" maybe or "lion hunts sold".

What rankles me is that this hunt was sold, then sold again so quickly with such poor facts such as being told- "90%" success was the selling point on a hunt offered by an outfit with no lion experience and no lion success. Mark got a free pass on that part of this deal. Then the first guy gets "that is hunting" and "the lion showed up but could not close the deal". Sounds like the operator sold the hunter his inexperience not his experience. I do not know Barth or Young but this is not right and if I were the hunter, I would be posting a seriously negative report right now.

Maybe a "deal" is in the works, but if it were me, any deal would be viewed as - "skin me once and I will darned if I get skinned again".

I get real tired of seeing the same hunts posted again and again. Now I know why.

A similar thing happened awhile back with Adam Clements outfit on a hunt in Tanzania where the hunt was sold by one guy (Wendell Reich I believe) and the hunter was taken everywhere but where the animals were because the same hunt was sold to another guy coming in later. Research that on AR for another dreadful story.

If you sell here, you better be selling the truth first.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vinny,

That figures. Location USA and no other contact info on your profile. My contact info is on every post I make. If anyone has a legitimate question about anything they can contact me anytime and I welcome that.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
My comments had nothing to do with the accuracy of what Mark said. I simply relayed what I thought he meant.

Do I think 9 out of 10 kill lions in the Save? I have no idea . My experience in the Save has been the last 2 years with Zambezi Hunters. I believe that ZH would meet that ratio. Having said that, they take very few lions each year. The quota is low. I believe only 1 or 2 lions a year. I have zero idea about the other outfitters.

It appears my question has ruffled some feathers.

For the record, I was NOT questioning the veracity of Mark Young's claim of a 90% success rate. His post was "Success on mature lions is over 90% on the Save". I took that as meaning if ten hunters go to the Save for Lion 9 kill a mature one. If that is not what the statement means I would like to be educated as to what it does mean.

Again, to make this simple, that sounds fantastic almost too good to be true. Yet the spot I am heading for Lion boasts a 100% success rate. Perhaps I'm not getting this correct. so please educate me.

If someone boasts a 100 % success rate does that mean that if there are three Lions on quota that three hunters go there and kill three lions? Or does it mean that an outfitter has three Lions on quota and they shoot all the Lions on quota but it may take more than three hunters to do that thus at lease someone does not get their Lion?

What does as "90% success rate on the Save" mean?

Also for the record I have booked three Safaris with Mark Young. I obviously wouldn't have done that if I didn't want to.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote