Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted
Outfitter: Nsok Safaris

Agent: Jeff C. Neal, Inc.

Dates: April-June, 2011

Primary Animals: Bongo, Dwarf Buffalo, Sititunga

For 2011 our Cameroon outfitter has offered us a very special deal on his bongo hunts. The normal pricing for 2010 was $38,000 for daily rates only. For 2011, this price will be $30,000 for daily rates, but he has offered this hunt to us at a daily rate of $25,000 including ground transport to and from camp! These hunts are done on 14 day itineraries, with 12 of those days being actual hunting days. This price is for a limited time, after which the price will go back up to $30,000 for the daily rates. I am sure some of you heard about the charter situation in Cameroon (none available, broken down planes, operators charging insane amounts of cash for charters) so the outfitter went ahead and included the round trip ground transport. Should the hunter want to do an air charter to camp, that will be done at their own cost (may be shared with other clients).

Our clients have generally gone from mid May to late June and have had 100% success on bongos so far. Bongos are hunted with dogs.

So, daily rates (including transfer) are $25,000.00. Trophy fees listed below.

Additional animals are as follows (paid in Euro):

a) TWO (2) DIFFERENT SPECIES OF GROUP “A”:

 ELEPHANT ............................................................ 5.000 € (Non-importable to U.S.)
 BONGO ............................................................ 4.000 €
 DWARF BUFFALO ............................................................ 2.500 €

b) FOUR (4) DIFFERENT SPECIES OF GROUP “B”:

 SITATUNGA ............................................................ 1.500 €
 GIANT FOREST HOG ............................................................ 1.000 €
 BUSH PIG ............................................................ 500 €

 PETER’S DUIKER ............................................................ 350 €
 BAY DUIKER ............................................................ 350 €
 GABON DUIKER ............................................................ 350 €
 BLUE DUIKER ............................................................ 350 €
 BLACK – FRONTED DUIKER ............................................................ 350 €
 BATE’S PYGMY ANTELOPE ............................................................ 350 €

Below is a list of what is included in this price and what is not included:

THESE PRICES INCLUDE:
1. AIRPORT ASSISTANCE UPON ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE.
2. PROFESSIONAL HUNTER WITH PYGMY TRACKERS AND PORTERS.
3. FULL BOARD AND SOFT DRINKS WHILE IN CAMP; BEER AND WINE IN REASONABLE QUANTITIES.
4. SUPPORT CREW: COOK, SKINNER, WAITER, LAUNDRY, DRIVER, MECHANIC, ETC.
5. FULLY – EQUIPED PERMANENT CAMP, ACCOMODATIONS, STONE – BUILT LOUNGE / DINNING AREA, AIR CONDITIONED.
6. USE ESSENTIAL FLY – CAMP EQUIPMENT, IF NECESSARY.
7. UNLIMITED USE OF HUNTING VEHICLES WHILE ON SAFARI.
8. TRANSPORT BY ROAD DOUALA/YAOUNDE – CAMP – DOUALA/YAOUNDE

NOT INCLUDED ARE:
1. INTERCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS.
2. CHARTER FLIGHTS DOUALA/YAOUNDE – CAMP – DOUALA/YAOUNDE.
3. PERSONAL EXPENSES, TIPS, HOTEL CHARGES BEFORE AND AFTER THE SAFARI.
4. OBSERVERS AT $350.00 PER DAY.
5. HUNTING LICENCE + FIREARMS IMPORT PERMIT + AIRPORT FORMALITIES $2,000.00
6. LIQUOR AND SPIRITS.
7. DIP, PACK AND SHIPMENT OF TROPHIES TO DOUALA $1,500.00
8. INSURANCES OF WHATEVER SORT.

Please PM me or Email me with any questions you may have.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understood when I went in 08 that Sitatunga was a class "A" not "B" and of course they closed Yellowback to celebrate my arrival. Nice price on this. How long is the drive from Douala? or are you having people fly into Yaounde?

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
I understood when I went in 08 that Sitatunga was a class "A" not "B" and of course they closed Yellowback to celebrate my arrival. Nice price on this. How long is the drive from Douala? or are you having people fly into Yaounde?

Some outfitters just want to make some more dollars.

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Nsok safaris never put sitatunga on list a because it is not true that it is on list A for the government. Felix is a true forest ph and has being operating in cameroon for the last 30 years. i have done two hunts with him and have not done the third one due to lack of time but will go back with him any time any day if possible.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Diego, Nsok are one of the few outfitters in Cameroon that have the "right" license after my research. Many dont allow you to hunt Bongo and Elephant on the same safari without paying double price. A big + to Felix.

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I visited their booth at the SCI Convention and, if I understood correctly, at that time there were 2 hunting areas. Is this in the Lopoundji Hunting Reserve or Lolobye?

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
I visited their booth at the SCI Convention and, if I understood correctly, at that time there were 2 hunting areas. Is this in the Lopoundji Hunting Reserve or Lolobye?

Best regards, D. Nelson

Thanks for the question Darin.

The area being hunted on this hunt is Lopoundji area 29. It's about a days + drive to camp and back.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:

The drive is about a days drive. I know it's long, but with the charter mess that's going on right now it's really your only choice. If the charter companies are back up and running this time next year, the client can choose to do the flight instead of driving. We had 3 hunters and 1 observer go this year and did the drive and although they said it was long, none said it was a bad trip.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
We still have 2 hunts available at this price!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012