Mark Sullivan Buffalo Hunt South Africa 2017
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Beginning to sound like the South African PHs running hunts in Zimbabwe! clap

How about the Zimbabwean PH,s running hunts in South Africa?

Kind regards
Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:
Beginning to sound like the South African PHs running hunts in Zimbabwe! clap

How about the Zimbabwean PH,s running hunts in South Africa?

Same thing if they are unlicensed.

Kind regards
Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limpopo Big Game Safaris:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Actually the SA PH is the one tagging along...he's simply there for legal reasons. I'm sure Mark can handle the rest.

Legal reasons? ..... I never realized SAPHA allows for a foreign observer to stand in and perform the duties of one of its registered PHs on a guided hunt.

The Lacey Act seems to have fallen by the wayside in recent times.

Sir seems like what I have said in a previous post has you up and down this thread fishing for answers.

First of all SAPHA as you call them, who is actually PHASA is nothing more than a bunch of clowns sitting around their own camp fire. In recent years they have shown nothing, but to harm the hunting industry in South Africa and therefor has lost most of their respected members. PHASA makes no rules or regulations, besides those for the few clowns still belonging to them.

If a DG PH is present on a hunt and guiding X amount of hunters, it makes no difference if the observer, 2nd hunter, Tanzanian PH, Zimbabwe PH MS or a PH from the moon carry a gun or not.

The hunt is overseen by an RSA DG PH and that is perfectly legal.
What part do you not understand?

Kind Regards
Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris

Jip, I am fishing for answers because what I am seeing is that when there is a deal to be made, its "no holds barred" and some individuals would sell their mothers in order to seal the deal. Big Grin

It would be interesting to know if it is legal for an observer to carry and possibly use a firearm which does not belong to him/her and to perform the duties (work) of the PH who is listed/registered to oversee a particular hunt.

For that matter, is it LEGAL for a non-resident to be in possession of a firearm during his/her temporary stay in RSA if not as a paying client who is booked on an organized hunt and loaned/hired the firearm by the outfitter?

An observer is someone who "tags along" with the group, taking photos, possibly giving advice if he is the client's pet PH from another country or maybe the observer is just a client's family member, but an observer nevertheless.

When it is the other way around, when the "PH tags along for legal reasons" is what raises eyebrows.

P.S. Is there such a notable difference between SAPHA or PHASA other than the letters being juggled? Wink

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt if there is anyone in the hunting industry who is lily-white and pussy-pure but at least in TZ we accommodate foreign PHs by allowing them to sit a PH exam, obtain their license and conduct their business legally which is more than can be said by our neighbors in our respect and if I were to have it my way, would treat them with reciprocity.

MS is a licensed PH in TZ but can only guide his clients in RSA masquerading as an observer. coffee

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
An observer carrying a gun makes no difference.

But, what happens when an observer shoots an animal??

Why is he carrying a gun in the first instance?

Here we are talking about a trigger happy nutcase, who takes every opportunity to shoot his clients animals.

Why was this so called hunt advertised as being a hunt with Mark Sullivan, when the facts say he is just a tag along observer?

Oh, I keep forgetting, the whole point of this silly comedy show is that one gets to meet the LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN clap

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recall a similar situation where, if you were lucky and if you contributed cash to the victim of one of Mr. Boddington's family mishaps (yes plural, there have been more than one), you could hunt with Craig Boddington who does not even pretend to be a PH afaik. The strange thing was this was generally well-received on AR!!

As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread is incredible. A typical thread in the "offered hunts" forum has one or two posts, maybe a half dozen or so at the most.

This thread, in combination with the other one on the same topic, is closing in on 200 posts! Most of them are from people pissing and moaning about how stupid the offer is, how much of a jerk Mark Sullivan is and how much this offer offends them. But they keep on posting, Mark Sullivan keeps getting free publicity and the thread keeps rising to the top of the forum like a turd in a swimming pool.

Personally, I wouldn't pay an extra cent to have Mark Sullivan on a hunt with me, although I don't have any strong feelings about him, good or bad...but I also wouldn't pay extra to share a campfire with Craig Boddington (whose writings I very much enjoy) or anybody else, living or dead. Paying for the experience would ruin it for me. I also know that if someone were foolish enough to pay extra to have me tag along on a hunt, I'd smile and take his money...so I can't fault M.S., C.B. or anyone else for doing so.

Does this hunt offer bother you? If it does, don't feed the problem...instead, just neglect it to death.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jwm you just did what you were opposed ....

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
jwm you just did what you were opposed ....
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sofa dancing Whistling

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now now!

Calm down and pay attention.

Haven't you realized that the LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN, the ONLY professional hunter who has ever lived, that actually gives the buffalo a CHOICE of how to die, is NOT required to have a legal licence to offer hunts in Africa or anywhere else, as his PRESENCE is more than enough to justify clueless idiots paying him thousands of dollars.

Haven't you seen what his agent has posted above?

That MONEY is NOT everything.

In fact, the way I understand it, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Money does not matter.

Client does not matter.

What is being hunted does not matter.

Where is the hunt going to be does not matter.

It all boils down to your irrepressible desire to be with the LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN rotflmo

Clients that have hunted numerous times with Mark in Tanzania have inquired about this South Africa hunt and I know at least one has also booked. They see the value in the hunt, that they can bring along an observer for free, leave their rifle and ammunition at home if they want, they know it will be a memorable hunting experience, and great fun as well. Tanzania is also great but this hunt is not possible there at anything near this price point.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
quote:

Now now!

Calm down and pay attention.

Haven't you realized that the LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN, the ONLY professional hunter who has ever lived, that actually gives the buffalo a CHOICE of how to die, is NOT required to have a legal licence to offer hunts in Africa or anywhere else, as his PRESENCE is more than enough to justify clueless idiots paying him thousands of dollars.

Haven't you seen what his agent has posted above?

That MONEY is NOT everything.

In fact, the way I understand it, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Money does not matter.

Client does not matter.

What is being hunted does not matter.

Where is the hunt going to be does not matter.

It all boils down to your irrepressible desire to be with the LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN rotflmo

Clients that have hunted numerous times with Mark in Tanzania have inquired about this South Africa hunt and I know at least one has also booked. They see the value in the hunt, that they can bring along an observer for free, leave their rifle and ammunition at home if they want, they know it will be a memorable hunting experience, and great fun as well. Tanzania is also great but this hunt is not possible there at anything near this price point.

Any clients who actually decides to "hunt" with an idiot who writes such rubbish is just as deranged as his guide.

"..." I realized at 41 I had a choice: to follow my childhood dream," Sullivan said. "I ventured to Tanzania and East Africa, and literally overnight became a professional hunter. I knew not one word of the local dialect. I didn't hear my wife's voice for 5 1/2 months." Sullivan reflected on the popularity of his blood-on-the-shoes hunting method -- and the disdain it earns from some of his fellow exhibitors. "I am the most hated professional hunter the world over," Sullivan said. "Professional hunters hate Mark Sullivan because I do what they don't have the balls to do. I am the only one that willingly walks up to the rogue hippo and great old buffalo and gives them the choice of how they want to die in battle, rather than shooting them to oblivion from safety. I honor these great and noble warriors, offering my life in exchange for what I believe." "What I am doing in my manner is elevating the sport of hunting to its highest level. Killing makes me sick, but hunting is the greatest adventure left on earth," Sullivan said. And Sullivan in turn heaped scorn on the private Texas and Florida game ranches advertising in the booths around him quick trophy kills..."

He does not like killing, but very happy to spend time to stop his client killing his own animals, while he sets up all his cameras to get his moment of glory.

He does scorns game farms, and now uses them on false pretenses to get his pockets lined by money fro like minded idiots.

Bloody hell, is there any redeeming factor for this nut case??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So should I sign you up for RSA Saeed or are you still undecided? If RSA is not for you I might be able to get you with Mark in Tanzania this year but not sure if it would be for more than 14 days. Just let me know.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Shawn:
You're a good businessman in asking Saeed to clarify his desires. Sometimes it is hard to read between the lines as to his likes and dislikes.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
So should I sign you up for RSA Saeed or are you still undecided? If RSA is not for you I might be able to get you with Mark in Tanzania this year but not sure if it would be for more than 14 days. Just let me know.

I don't think THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN would wish to hunt with me.

He said it himself many times, his clients are terrible shots.

And somehow I don't think I qualify for that.

Anyway, I thought he was so busy filling all his time slots with worshiping clients dying for him to kill their buffalo clap

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
In less than four pages, 38 post by Saeed ranting the same stuff against Mark. Six times in all caps "LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN."

What is your point that you think the rest of us are not getting that you find the need to keep repeating the same old shit? Saeed, your obsession with Mark is shining through more and more each post. Mark is still here. He is still getting clients. He is still selling his videos. He is still getting more name play here on AR (thanks to you).

You have everything money can buy, Saeed, except self esteem. Many here don't like Mark for any number of reasons but none, however, seem to attack endlessly and without mercy as do you. You are getting to be a joke on your own forum. You still are to be commended for allowing us to post here. Hey--maybe Mark has tried to post here and you have banned him(?)!

This does not happen on other forums. Only on Saeed's AR. The problem is with you, Saeed, not Mark. He still takes the high road and does not reply to your nonsense. You should take gentleman lessons from him.

The last word is yours….
Cal

PS. Saeed: can I start a poll between this forum and the political forum? "Who does Saeed hate more: 1) Mark Sullivan 2) Donald Trump 3) the USA?
That, my mate, would make for some interesting discussion!!!

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cal

Maybe Saeed has a deep psychological problem with bullshit!

The above is posted by now of our members.

He hit the nail right on the head. clap

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
In less than four pages, 38 post by Saeed ranting the same stuff against Mark. Six times in all caps "LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN."

You are getting to be a joke on your own forum.

This does not happen on other forums.
Only on Saeed's AR.

I can't agree more with cal pappas.

AR is a well structured base/platform for hunters, but in the pas months I have seen more and more posts by members who have no respect for others or themselves.

I just can't see the point in the attacks against each other while we have to face the trolls as well.
Instead of standing together we turn on each other hammering

I for one have no time for Martin Pieters, but I won't go on any post with his name, GOOD or BAD and try to ruin him.
I have never met Mark Sullivan, I have seen plenty of his videos, some I like, some I don't and still I have nothing to say to him.

Respect is everything and some lack exactly that.
Just my 2c

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread is nothing but a publicity stunt.

Saeed may have responded more than most, but it's Cal and E.U. that keeps resurrecting it from the depth of the page.Any publicity is.......

Lets see now, we shall offer a hunt in South Africa, where Mark can,t PH. We will book a South African PH and piggy back on him. Then we will throw in a few buff in with ear tags, perfect that should stir them up better than April fool.. rotflmo

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Chalmers:
This thread is nothing but a publicity stunt.

Saeed may have responded more than most, but it's Cal and E.U. that keeps resurrecting it from the depth of the page.Any publicity is.......

Lets see now, we shall offer a hunt in South Africa, where Mark can,t PH. We will book a South African PH and piggy back on him. Then we will throw in a few buff in with ear tags, perfect that should stir them up better than April fool.. rotflmo

I am just trying to keep THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN in people's mind.

Talk about a legend in his own mind rotflmo

Hated by all his peers, only guides idiots who cannot shoot worth a damn, worshipped by the clueless!

This is THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN in a nutshell!

I hope everyone remembers that all the above descriptions of our hero comes either from his very own mouth, or one of those who worship him!

And let us not forget that NON OF US is worthy of walking in his shoes!

Again, from one of his worshipping menions rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
I have built my own MS shrine at my home. If I'm away I use my prayer rug 5x per day and face Mark's hunting camp. My shrine is complete with paintings, photos, models, frescos, and all things Mark. (You even have a small section in it, too, for your conversion).
Let's keep this thing going!!
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send us some pics of your shrine Cal,bound to be worth another page. holycow or is it Shaun's turn now..Lets take jwm's advice and see who resurrects it. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Send us some pics of your shrine Cal,bound to be worth another page. holycow or is it Shaun's turn now..Lets take jwm's advice and see who resurrects it. Roll Eyes

Hi John:
It's all in fun.
I fly to Kansas tomorrow for a week of turkey hunting.
To tell the truth, Mark pays me 25 cents for every post that keeps his name on the fore front. (I think Saeed gets a little more).
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know sometimes you guys just make me tired.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:

Hi John:
It's all in fun.
I fly to Kansas tomorrow for a week of turkey hunting.
To tell the truth, Mark pays me 25 cents for every post that keeps his name on the fore front. (I think Saeed gets a little more).
Cheers,
Cal

Big Grin I know it...Good luck with the turkeys cal,watch out for that Kansas sun mate. We will take care of the forum till you get home. tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Oh boy!

Now we have to look forward to THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN letting a turkey decide how to die!

Just imagine, a wounded turkey, lying right in the open, cameras all set, and our hero walking right up it with his 10 gauge shotgun, to dispatched a harmless turkey.

Finally, there is some truth to what the LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN does.

The buffalo he faces in his made up charges are just as dangerous as the aforementioned turkey rotflmo

Good luck Cal, I hope you a great, charging turkey day beer

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
The turkey WILL decide how it is to die but only after I can shoot it in the nuts with a .22.
Saeed, I hope to meet you in person someday. Do you ever get to hunt in Alaska? Stop by and you can visit my MS shrine.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am the only one that willingly walks up to the rogue hippo and great old buffalo and gives them the choice of how they want to die in battle,

Cal,

Good luck in your BATTLE against a helpless turkey! clap rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I will make a video several hours long of walking through grass then shoot my turkey at 400 yards to remove all elements of danger.
Saeed--I won't have computer access whilst away so carry on without me.
Cal
PS. Sullivan must be loving this.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
How about moving this thread to the Misc Forum where the ISS thread ended up? Or maybe bring that one back. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed - In all honesty, you really should give Mark a chance or just let it go man. Choosing to have a different style than you and the PH's you hunt with, certainly does not make the man any less of a hunter or sportsman than yourself or others.

We all know Mark does it differently than most, so why do we keep beating this dead horse for crying out loud???? How about we all focus this effort on helping to find the lost PH (who in my opinion if the story is exactly as has been reported - was taken by a croc) or devote this time/effort to some productive form of wildlife conservation? Cause this MS crap is just beyond silly!

Mark is a friend, an exceptionally nice and personable guy. Would I do it like him, NO! But good heavens, he's not frying babies at the stake - so can we just get over it already? Let him do it his way, you do it yours, and lets all try to remember that we are on the same team here. All of us (me included) are guilty of losing sight of that - and its doing our cause nothing but harm.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Saeed - In all honesty, you really should give Mark a chance or just let it go man. Choosing to have a different style than you and the PH's you hunt with, certainly does not make the man any less of a hunter or sportsman than yourself or others.

We all know Mark does it differently than most, so why do we keep beating this dead horse for crying out loud???? How about we all focus this effort on helping to find the lost PH (who in my opinion if the story is exactly as has been reported - was taken by a croc) or devote this time/effort to some productive form of wildlife conservation? Cause this MS crap is just beyond silly!

Mark is a friend, an exceptionally nice and personable guy. Would I do it like him, NO! But good heavens, he's not frying babies at the stake - so can we just get over it already? Let him do it his way, you do it yours, and lets all try to remember that we are on the same team here. All of us (me included) are guilty of losing sight of that - and its doing our cause nothing but harm.

I could not have said it any better than you have Aaron. beer

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

He could be the nicest man on earth.

What HE wants people to know him by with his videos and public announcements defies comprehension that all the gears are actually functioning between his ears.

Why he likes to make a bloody fool of himself is beyond me.

Anyway, I did not start this.

His agent posted an absolutely silly, fake offer.

Full of lies and misrepresentations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could be the nicest man on earth.

What HE wants people to know him by with his videos and public announcements defies comprehension that all the gears are actually functioning between his ears.

Why he likes to make a bloody fool of himself is beyond me.

Anyway, I did not start this.

His agent posted an absolutely silly, fake offer.

Full of lies and misrepresentations.

No offense intended but you obviously have diminished English reading comprehension. That might improve if you read the hunt offer again. All detail is there for anyone to clearly see...that does not have an ax to grind.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
You can try to wriggle out as much as you like.

The fact is you posted a hunt offer, supposedly with THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN! rotflmo

When members called you on it, it turns out he was only a tag along observer. The hunt is being conducted by another professional hunter.

If this was not bad enough, it was going to be of an ear tagged, farm bred buffalo that probably has a pet name too.

How rediculous can it be??

Don't post offers here and expect no one to pay attention to the fact that your offer stinks.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't post offers here and expect no one to pay attention to the fact that your offer stinks.

. . . ditto . . . with regard to some of your posts above. They reflect more poorly on you than Sullivan . . . although I am afraid you do not appreciate that fact. Roll Eyes

Mike

Posts: 21210 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe I have answered all email questions that were pending. For those still contemplating, it looks like we are now down to 5 Cape buffalo hunts remaining for 2017. Thanks for your interest and also the supporting comments as well. I will pass them along to Mark when he returns from Alaska.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can try to wriggle out as much as you like.

The fact is you posted a hunt offer, supposedly with THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN! rotflmo

When members called you on it, it turns out he was only a tag along observer. The hunt is being conducted by another professional hunter.

If this was not bad enough, it was going to be of an ear tagged, farm bred buffalo that probably has a pet name too.

How rediculous can it be??

Ouch! In my estimation, Saeed rather pointedly sums it up.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or, Saeed, just book a hunt with him in TZ and see if it's all BS. If you shoot well, and I am willing to bet you do, he won't get the chance to shoot for you.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote