Mark Sullivan Buffalo Hunt South Africa 2017
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
quote:
Originally posted by infinito:
Just a curious question, is Mark registered as a South African DG P.H. now if it is advertised that he will be the P.H.?

Love the videos!

Very good question Charl. I was wondering the same thing.

I have no idea what is going on here.

But, I would imagine that someone who has always tried his best to show himself as the ultimate dangerous game killer the world has ever know, using a 600 Nitro Express to destroy that poor half dead buffalo lying right in front of him, because they do not make any bigger gun.

Having to gravitate to kill farm raised, tame, ear tagged cattle, inside a fence, then something is wrong somewhere.

May be the rumors we hear that many concession holders are refusing to let him hunt on their lands in TANZANIA is true??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66945 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed just to set the record straight I have never hunted with Mark nor you for that matter, I was just asking i a cape buffalo inside a fence is any less ornery than on the other side of the wire.
I have had more than one herford bull pound me against the gates when I did not respect them. These were bulls I hand fed with bottles when they were calves.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Saeed just to set the record straight I have never hunted with Mark nor you for that matter, I was just asking i a cape buffalo inside a fence is any less ornery than on the other side of the wire.
I have had more than one herford bull pound me against the gates when I did not respect them. These were bulls I hand fed with bottles when they were calves.

A buffalo IS a dangerous animal to hunt, no question about that, no matter where it is.

But, sadly, Mark Sullivan likes to stretch things to breaking point to show how brave he is in facing a porposely wounded buffalo lying right in the open.

Where it is so easily shot as it is made to purposely charge.

I have been around several hundred buffalo shot, and because they were hunted by hunters who could not careless about how brave they could be shown on camera, the buffalo are killed instantly without giving them a chance of charging.

Getting all the cameras set up to glorify oneself never exist in our hunts.

Posts: 66945 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not go in for theatrics of any sort least wise in hunting it just is not my cup of tea. Others like MS may be into it or the tv hunters whom fist pump over making a chip shot on an average size deer as they have a product to vend. Personally I do not wish to hunt with anyone like that but I do not dislike them personally over it.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2th doc, I don't know saeed, but I have seen MS videos. I don't know the whole story here although I'm thoroughly entertained by this banter. I would random a guess saeed has been burned by this ego he so much opposes. Just my guess.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
2th doc, I don't know saeed, but I have seen MS videos. I don't know the whole story here although I'm thoroughly entertained by this banter. I would random a guess saeed has been burned by this ego he so much opposes. Just my guess.

Mark Sullivan and SCI have made a mockery of hunting.

Mark likes to portray himself as the ultimate professional hunter, which rather silly.

One only need look at other professionals who consider a charge as a failure on their part.

SCI has made hunting into a competition, which in mind it never was.

I do not like either of them.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jake, it appears that Saeed suffers from penis envy. He cannot help himself. This has gone on for years. A therapist may help. Maybe not. Just saying.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
quote:

Jake, it appears that Saeed suffers from penis envy. He cannot help himself. This has gone on for years. A therapist may help. Maybe not. Just saying.

Might apply your judgement to someone who glorifies himself.

Not me.

In fact, that might apply perfectly to Mark Sullivan.

Don't forget the B rated heavy breathing " I LET THE BUFFALO DECIDE HOW TO DIE"

Poor buffalo, I am sure he had no say in it.

All he does is try to end his suffering, which was originally caused by a spineless nut case anyway. clap

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don:
And it will never end. Saeed is on a mission. It will be like this a decade from now.
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . jealousy is so ugly and unbecoming. Roll Eyes

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just imagine, a man who goes hunting and kills his own animals.

And a man who uses his clients as tools to glorify himself.

Which is the one who is a complete jerk with penis envy??

The only people who think the first one is, are those with their heads stuck up the rear end of the second, where they are unable to see the sun shines clap

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Just imagine, a man who goes hunting and kills his own animals.

And a man who uses his clients as tools to glorify himself.

Which is the one who is a complete jerk with penis envy??

The only people who think the first one is, are those with their heads stuck up the rear end of the second, where they are unable to see the sun shines clap

". . . the lady doth protest too much methinks."

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just asking i a cape buffalo inside a fence is any less ornery than on the other side of the wire.

2th Doc:

I have been messing around with Buffalo for a good many years, shot and killed many in the process and witnessed many more being dispatched.

In all these encounters I daresay these animals' disposition varies between one set of genes and another; the temperament of a typical Masailand Buffalo for example cannot compare to that of the Selous species (all are Cape Buffalo of course) or to those in Kilombero or Rungwa.

For whatever reason, but most likely due to the incessant harassment from the Masai over "watering rights", the Buffalo that occupy/share this tract of land with this colorful tribe are by and large notoriously known for their ill-feelings towards the human race and will have no hesitation in pressing their point home without too much fanfare.

Seeing we in TZ have no fenced areas or breeding programs for any species of game animals, cannot really compare one that was born and raised in an enclosure and set free at a later stage to bear any ill towards its "foster-parents".

However, any animal, domestic or not, will likely show aggression if molested but with Buffalo, the normally placid bovine instinct would likely be the governing factor to its disposition towards humans if it was pen-raised.

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
I was just asking i a cape buffalo inside a fence is any less ornery than on the other side of the wire.

2th Doc:

I have been messing around with Buffalo for a good many years, shot and killed many in the process and witnessed many more being dispatched.

In all these encounters I daresay these animals' disposition varies between one set of genes and another; the temperament of a typical Masailand Buffalo for example cannot compare to that of the Selous species (all are Cape Buffalo of course) or to those in Kilombero or Rungwa.

For whatever reason, but most likely due to the incessant harassment from the Masai over "watering rights", the Buffalo that occupy/share this tract of land with this colorful tribe are by and large notoriously known for their ill-feelings towards the human race and will have no hesitation in pressing their point home without too much fanfare.

Seeing we in TZ have no fenced areas or breeding programs for any species of game animals, cannot really compare one that was born and raised in an enclosure and set free at a later stage to bear any ill towards its "foster-parents".

However, any animal, domestic or not, will likely show aggression if molested but with Buffalo, the normally placid bovine instinct would likely be the governing factor to its disposition towards humans if it was pen-raised.

Fulvio:

You certainly have a lot more experience than I do around buff than I do. Although I have killed a hell of a lot by most client standards. I respect your opinion.

Included in my total of 49 are 2 that were pen raised that I shot from the back of a truck. To be clear, I do not count these are "hunting." They had to be dispatched.

They were turned loose in a high fence photographic area. At some point, they started charging every vehicle they saw. The owner was a friend of mine. He asked if I would shoot them. I did. Both charged the vehicle.

Why did they do this? Who knows. They wanted to I suppose. I would not automatically dismiss these buff or any buff for that matter. I personally believe both of these buff would kill someone if given a chance. This is why they had to be shot.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To think that saeed who makes this site happen for us all is in envy of someone over hunting makes me laugh. If he was he could make post go away or even keep some of you blowholes off this site even. He would be here bragging and telling us all how great he is which I have never seen.

Believe it or not because someone does not agree or like the same stuff as you does not make you right and them wrong for having there opinion. I do believe a few maybe jealous but I think it is more those pointing the finger at some one for not liking how some Ph hunts.

Any Ph I have hunted with takes no pride in shooting a clients animal.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were turned loose in a high fence photographic area. At some point, they started charging every vehicle they saw. The owner was a friend of mine. He asked if I would shoot them. I did. Both charged the vehicle.

Larry:

It is quite possible that the 2 you were requested to cull were rogue buffalo, the reason why they ejected from the stock was probably due to in-fighting with other bulls in the pen (which the breeder probably didn't want) and exacerbated by not getting any or sufficient crumpet out in the wild, just made matters worse.

A bit like some fellows on AR Big Grin

My view between pen-raised and naturally wild Buffalo was by and large generically speaking and quoting the habits of the TZ species as examples.

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by infinito:
Just a curious question, is Mark registered as a South African DG P.H. now if it is advertised that he will be the P.H.?

Love the videos!

Hi Shawn

The question has come up two times no with no answer given. By me asking it will be for the third time.

Is Mr Sullivan a registered Professional Hunter in South Africa and when did he get is license to act as a professional hunter.
Further more did he have his Plains Game license uplifted from PG to DG? and when did that happen?

Although Mr Sullivan has all the experience and knowledge to guide a client on a PG or DG hunt, his Tanzanian Professional Hunters license does not allow him to guide in South Africa.

Could you please be so kind to answer.

Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Hi Bossie sorry for not replying directly to your post. That aspect is referred to and noted in the first post and I thought it was clear. Sorry if it was not. From the first post:

…for the first time, you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH*
* (RSA DG PH also present)

MS is not a registered PH in RSA. He will however be present on the hunt as noted. Hope this is what you wanted to understand.

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated Shawn.
Your answer has been received, loud and clear.

Hope you guys get to sell some of these hunts.

Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris

Posts: 603 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bossie.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
MS is not a registered PH in RSA. He will however be present on the hunt as noted.

Would that be in the capacity of an unarmed "observer/advisor" ?

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bet you a dollar Mark would have stepped of the truck.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
MS is not a registered PH in RSA. He will however be present on the hunt as noted.

Would that be in the capacity of an unarmed "observer/advisor" ?

I think, as long as there is an RSA DG Professional Hunters present at all times it makes no difference if MS carries a gun or not.

The hunt is overseen by an RSA DG PH and that is perfectly legal.

Shawn can be glad he is not advertising this hunt to be conducted in Zimbabwe. They would have been all over him for that.

Bossie Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Hi Bossie sorry for not replying directly to your post. That aspect is referred to and noted in the first post and I thought it was clear. Sorry if it was not. From the first post:

…for the first time, you can hunt Cape buffalo in South Africa with Mark as your Tanzanian PH*
* (RSA DG PH also present)

MS is not a registered PH in RSA. He will however be present on the hunt as noted. Hope this is what you wanted to understand.

Best always,
Shawn

So your offer is really on false pretenses!

Just like everything to do with Mark Sullivan, nothing is as it seems!

What next?

MARK SULLIVAN, THE LEGENDARY NOBODY WHO THINKS HE IS THE GREATEST PROFESSIONAL HUNTER THAT EVER LIVED, WILL BE GLAD TO SHOOT YOUR TROPHY FOR YOU WHILE YOU ENJOY BEING AT HOME WITH YOUR FAMILY!

A VIDEO PROOF WILL BE SHOWN HOW THE LEGENDARY MARK SULLIVAN HAS KILLED YOUR BUFFALO.

Ear tags, will, of course, be removed before the kill jumping

Bloody hell!

It really does not get any better than this! clap

What sort of deranged IDIOT would actually pay to go on such an incredibly stupid so called hunt! barf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:
quote:

Don:
And it will never end. Saeed is on a mission. It will be like this a decade from now.
Cheers,
Cal

Unfortunately Cal is right Don. This is a drum that Saeed and his band of loyal minions bang as loud as they can on AR. It is a cult classic here and is always something that can be counted on. Most of us have learned to ignore it unless we want to bump a post.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . jealousy is so ugly and unbecoming. Roll Eyes

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What sort of deranged IDIOT would actually pay to go on such an incredibly stupid so called hunt

Me... moon

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
quote:
What sort of deranged IDIOT would actually pay to go on such an incredibly stupid so called hunt

Me... moon

Great!

I hope you enjoy it.

THERE IS AN OLD English proverb.

It says ONE IS BORN EVERY MINUTE! clap

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

2th Doc:

I one hunted buffalo in a particular area with no Lion. Their disposition was so different than from those I've seen in areas with Lion.
Likely a similar result of what you have seen with the Masssai Buffalo?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think, as long as there is an RSA DG Professional Hunters present at all times it makes no difference if MS carries a gun or not.

Pretty loose laws both from a hunting and firearms possession/handling perspective if the system allows such a practice as it basically opens doors to non-registered PHs to illegally conduct their business in a legal manner. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Pretty loose laws both from a hunting and firearms possession/handling perspective if the system allows such a practice as it basically opens doors to non-registered PHs to illegally conduct their business in a legal manner. coffee

In what world do you live in where you tell people they can't go armed afield while hunting DG? So only the PH and Hunter should be armed?

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I guess he could be a real ass and pull your free ad your posting here to sell a hunt he thinks is BS. One would think such a great Ph would not need to come here to sell his stuff or better yet be the one who comes here not have others do it for him.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
quote:
quote:

In what world do you live in where you tell people they can't go armed afield while hunting DG? So only the PH and Hunter should be armed?

Try this little trick in Tanzania, and see what happens!

You are either a registered PH conducting a hunt, or you are a lincensed client to be armed in the field.

And that is how it should be.

Of course, you are one of those who worship a worthless, self centered, self glorifying nut case who has nothing better to show for his life except do the ultimate let down of his clients! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the African continent with its gun laws and hunting regulations, for those who legally venture afield with a purpose to hunt.

What one does on a private fenced ranch in RSA is for the owner to know what is legal and if he wants to bend the rules.

I would think one would have to go through the process and obtain a PH license which would legalize both carry and guide or carry and observe/intervene if necessary.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am easily confused - so is mark Sullivan the professional hunter on this hunt or is he the celebrity who accompanies the client ?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I am easily confused - so is mark Sullivan the professional hunter on this hunt or is he the celebrity who accompanies the client ?

Mike

It looks like that neither the PH who is conducting the hunt, nor the client matter.

As usual, it is ALL about Mark Sullivan!

Did anyone mention someone is having penis envy?? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
I do not have a fight in this one but I do appreciate Saeed hosting this free site for all of us to enjoy with no adds. Our host does have a point and I agree with Saeed after reading this article from the Chicago Tribune. Pay attention to what Mr. Sullivan says referring to himself in third person about other Outfitters. He also refers to high fenced hunting as deplorable.

"I realized at 41 I had a choice: to follow my childhood dream," Sullivan said. "I ventured to Tanzania and East Africa, and literally overnight became a professional hunter. I knew not one word of the local dialect. I didn't hear my wife's voice for 5 1/2 months."

Sullivan reflected on the popularity of his blood-on-the-shoes hunting method -- and the disdain it earns from some of his fellow exhibitors.

"I am the most hated professional hunter the world over," Sullivan said. "Professional hunters hate Mark Sullivan because I do what they don't have the balls to do. I am the only one that willingly walks up to the rogue hippo and great old buffalo and gives them the choice of how they want to die in battle, rather than shooting them to oblivion from safety. I honor these great and noble warriors, offering my life in exchange for what I believe."

"What I am doing in my manner is elevating the sport of hunting to its highest level. Killing makes me sick, but hunting is the greatest adventure left on earth," Sullivan said.

And Sullivan in turn heaped scorn on the private Texas and Florida game ranches advertising in the booths around him quick trophy kills.

"These businesses on display here, where you pay $20,000 for a lion hand-raised as a pup -- this great and noble creature, raised in pens and fed every day in an artificial environment, then trucked out in a cage and released into an enclosure for the gallant client who will claim him as a trophy and enter him in the record book -- I think it's deplorable," Sullivan said

Below is the full Chicago Tribune article.

http://articles.chicagotribune...nal-hunters-big-game

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
I do not have a fight in this one but I do appreciate Saeed hosting this free site for all of us to enjoy with no adds. Our host does have a point and I agree with Saeed after reading this article from the Chicago Tribune. Pay attention to what Mr. Sullivan says about other Outfitters and his quote about high fenced hunting.

"I realized at 41 I had a choice: to follow my childhood dream," Sullivan said. "I ventured to Tanzania and East Africa, and literally overnight became a professional hunter. I knew not one word of the local dialect. I didn't hear my wife's voice for 5 1/2 months."

Sullivan reflected on the popularity of his blood-on-the-shoes hunting method -- and the disdain it earns from some of his fellow exhibitors.

"I am the most hated professional hunter the world over," Sullivan said. "Professional hunters hate Mark Sullivan because I do what they don't have the balls to do. I am the only one that willingly walks up to the rogue hippo and great old buffalo and gives them the choice of how they want to die in battle, rather than shooting them to oblivion from safety. I honor these great and noble warriors, offering my life in exchange for what I believe."

"What I am doing in my manner is elevating the sport of hunting to its highest level. Killing makes me sick, but hunting is the greatest adventure left on earth," Sullivan said.

And Sullivan in turn heaped scorn on the private Texas and Florida game ranches advertising in the booths around him quick trophy kills.

"These businesses on display here, where you pay $20,000 for a lion hand-raised as a pup -- this great and noble creature, raised in pens and fed every day in an artificial environment, then trucked out in a cage and released into an enclosure for the gallant client who will claim him as a trophy and enter him in the record book -- I think it's deplorable," Sullivan said

Referring to yourself in third person says a lot about your character. A big part of being a Professional is to act professional. Below is the full Chicago Tribune article.

http://articles.chicagotribune...nal-hunters-big-game

HAHAHA!

Give a deranged idiot enough rope, and he will hang himself! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clark, tribute here, very well written and posted, thanks for sharing this insight and research.

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems some here paint with a broad brush out of ignorance or hate..hard to say. If the hunting area is accurately represented at 40,000 acres then we are hardly talking about pen raised buffalo released in a small hunting area to be shot.

I miss the days when people didn't shit on someone's hunt offer...