THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Info for African Forum: Mark Sullivan Hunting Cape Buffalo in South Africa 2017
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info for African Forum: Mark Sullivan Hunting Cape Buffalo in South Africa 2017
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted

For those who would enjoy hunting and sharing camp with Mark Sullivan.

I wanted to let the African Big Game Hunting forum visitors know that we are now marketing a 2017 Cape buffalo hunting opportunity in South Africa. This is a chance to hunt with Mark at a much lower price point than Tanzania. Here is a link with details. There is contact info for those that might be interested and want more hunt information or to book.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did Mark have a good year in Tanzania in 2016?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
A hunt with Mark would be a special treat.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal?...this seems like destiny. Hunt with Mark and quiet the naysayers for good!

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
Cal?...this seems like destiny. Hunt with Mark and quiet the naysayers for good!

Heym:
Mark emailed me last week. However, three weeks prior I booked an elephant hunt in Zim for July which is preceeded by a week or more of vacation seeing friends in that country. Perhaps next year or if my elephant bull gets cancelled this year…

That said, it is my understanding that if I hunt with Mark Saeed will ban me from AR!!!
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Hell this sounds like fun. I would do it if I weren't already schedule for ele. The guy is a phenomenal shoot with a double rifle.

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:

Heym:
Mark emailed me last week. However, three weeks prior I booked an elephant hunt in Zim for July which is preceeded by a week or more of vacation seeing friends in that country. Perhaps next year or if my elephant bull gets cancelled this year…

That said, it is my understanding that if I hunt with Mark Saeed will ban me from AR!!!
Cheers,
Cal

Hahaha!

Why would I ban you for paying someone else to shoot your animals for you? clap

It is a bit of climb down for him from hunting Tanzania to hunting South Africa clap

Did something happen in Tanzania we should be told about?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66945 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha saeed my thoughts exactly!! I can watch someone else shoot on tv for almost free!!

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark had a great year in Tanzania in 2016 as usual. Great trophies, highly satisfied clients, and return hunts wanting to be booked. I have never heard of a dissatisfied client on any of Mark’s hunts whether in Tanzania or elsewhere.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Mark had a great year in Tanzania in 2016 as usual. Great trophies, highly satisfied clients, and return hunts wanting to be booked. I have never heard of a dissatisfied client on any of Mark’s hunts whether in Tanzania or elsewhere.

I bet you wouldn't.

Have you heard anyone complaining after he has been to a whorehouse? clap

They make their choice, just like those who like to have their animals shot by someone they pay to do it for them!

Posts: 66945 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed, my friend. If you would, go back to my shot by shot analysis of Mark's videos. You will find the number of animals shot by Mark is much smaller than you realize in your emotional state when on the topic.
And, if I recall, in some of your past posts you mention of another shooting your animals when a situation presented itself. Remember?
Do you also remember stating if it's legal it's fine with you?
It seems your rules and ethics apply to everyone but Mark. If I come through Dubai on Emirates, we can discuss your obsession about MS over dinner.
Cheers, mate.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any good lions?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Saeed, my friend. If you would, go back to my shot by shot analysis of Mark's videos. You will find the number of animals shot by Mark is much smaller than you realize in your emotional state when on the topic.
And, if I recall, in some of your past posts you mention of another shooting your animals when a situation presented itself. Remember?
Do you also remember stating if it's legal it's fine with you?
It seems your rules and ethics apply to everyone but Mark. If I come through Dubai on Emirates, we can discuss your obsession about MS over dinner.
Cheers, mate.
Cal

I don't have an obsession with him.

But I don't believe all the bullshit he puts out in his videos.

I have probably been hunting longer than him, with people who have been hunting even longer than that, but non of us ever come across what he does so often.

Show me ONE professional hunter who shoots even a small percentage of what Marks shoots of his clients animals!

35 years hunting and my PH has not shot a single one of my animals.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed, you are a gracious host. That being said, I must call bullshit on this one bsflag

I don't understand your jealousy Confused

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
This is a little funny,

Saeed has videos of his hunts,how many animals does his PH shoot for him?

Mark has videos that he puts out,how many does he shoot for his clients ?

it's all out there for anybody to see !!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
Here are some of your past quotes. You are absolutely correct--people who complain about what others do lead worthless lives and they should get a life. If a hunt is legal in that country and someone complains, they should be told to go to hell! (Notice how Mark is a gentleman and has NEVER wrote a bad word about you, Saeed, throughout all the years of your attacks). And if an individual wants to hunt with Mark, it is his money, and if it's legal, what's the problem?

Saeed, you did make a post about your PH shooting your animals on occasion but I can't find it now. i will keep searching. I also find it interesting you make very few posts on poachers, anti hunting groups like PETA, but spend so much of your time attacking and insulting Mark. He's a fellow hunter. Give the guy a break.
Cal

From the keyboard of Saeed:

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

1) I have no time for those with worthless lives that they spend all thier time complaining about what others do!

They should get a life, they might actually enjoy it.

2) Hunt in any form or shape, as long as it legal in that country.
And tell anyone who complains to go to hell!

3). It is the individual's money, and he can bloody well do with it as he pleases.

Want more? Saeed, your hypocrisy and obsession is both amazing and unhealthy.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
quote:

Saeed, you are a gracious host. That being said, I must call bullshit on this one bsflag

Tell me when has my professional shot any animal of mine while I sit in the truck so he can play the hero I front of the camera?

Yes Cal, I have no time for bullshit artists who make it sound as if they are the only knowledgeable people when it comes to hunting.

Mark might be the nicest person you ever meet, but he is nothing but an utter idiot in his videos.

You don't believe me?

He said it here himself, and your blind worship of him had yourself say than non of us on this forum can walk in his shoes.

Personally I consider that as a compliment, as I certainly have no wish to walk in the shoes of a self obsessed, self glorifying nutcase.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

hammering

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
Some of you old farts need to get over yourselves, put the big boy pants on and worry about something else. You are going to give yourselves a heart attack.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by #1 of 13:
Some of you old farts need to get over yourselves, put the big boy pants on and worry about something else. You are going to give yourselves a heart attack.

Who are calling old farts?

Mentally, I have been stuck at 13!

And I refuse to grow up, despite the fact so many of my friends keep asking "when are you going to grow up?"

I see you are in Alaska.

We are slightly south of you, in Norther BC, Canada.

Had quite a funny experience yesterday while walking on a frozen lake.

We could hear all sorts of funny noise, sounding like someone operating heavy machinery. apparently that is the sound of the water underneath!

A bit disconcerting for someone who hates cold water beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as you stay on top of the ice you will have no problems ... Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by #1 of 13:

Who are calling old farts?

Mentally, I have been stuck at 13!

And I refuse to grow up, despite the fact so many of my friends keep asking "when are you going to grow up?"

I see you are in Alaska.

We are slightly south of you, in Norther BC, Canada.

Had quite a funny experience yesterday while walking on a frozen lake.

We could hear all sorts of funny noise, sounding like someone operating heavy machinery. apparently that is the sound of the water underneath!

A bit disconcerting for someone who hates cold water beer

You should try driving on ice in a truck pulling a trailer with two snow machines and hearing that noise. Not fun.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention for those that might be interested in coming out to hunt buffalo in South Africa. Mark will be bringing along one of his personal double rifles in .375 H&H for anyone that would like to use it. Ammunition will of course be included at no cost for you as well.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
This is a little funny,

Saeed has videos of his hunts,how many animals does his PH shoot for him?

Mark has videos that he puts out,how many does he shoot for his clients ?

it's all out there for anybody to see !!!!

Even the blind can see this.

But, we seem to have people with their heads stuck somewhere where the truth does not matter clap

Blind worship can do crazy thing to people, poor sods! jumping beer

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Can the Buffalo deside how to die too WinkAgree With Saeed shooting Clients animals is no go......

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
quote:

You are not alone...it is a topic, the undeniable jealousy of Saeed, that is laughed and joked about around the globe in many camps. In good fun of course and not in a demeaning manner. But I agree as well...Saeed is a very gracious host! Personally I like him although we have never met. He certainly helps to keep a MS thread alive. That is undeniable.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skip Sullivan!! Now I wanna hunt with saeed!!

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:

Saeed for sure but there is Walther ...

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:

Ah but you will bloody well have to kill your own own animal!

We do not have any of the globally famous stupidity of a paid idiot finishing it for you!

The number of times I have heard Walter say "why do I have to shoot it again?"

And a PROPER professional hunter - you know, an honest to goodness professional hunter who is proud of his profession, the sort of professional hunter who is proud to finish his whole season without firing a single shot - answers "it is not dead yet, so shoot him again"

A friend once said those who hunt with Mark Sullivan are the same sort of men who like to present their wives to another man to enjoy!

Bloody hell, how close to the truth is that!

Apparently, many of these are found all around the globe too.

Some seem to gravitate to so called "hunting camps"!

It takes all sort of people to go hunting.

A PH once told me he had a Russian client.

He brought 3 beautiful young women with him, none was related to him, just rents - like some people rent so called PH to shoot their animals for them.

They had their camp by a large river, full of crocs.

The girls liked to lay on the sandy beach by the bank of the river, the client wasn't really interested in hunting either.

So they made a sort of barrier, and put it in the walter to make sure the crocs did not add a Russian or two to their varied menu.

The PH had to go and shoot meat for the camp too.

I wish I had asked him for this client's address, he seems the sort of client who would be right at home hunting with Mark Sullivan clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by donner:
Can the Buffalo deside how to die too WinkAgree With Saeed shooting Clients animals is no go......

The same logic could be applied to a fishing guide killing/catching/gaffing his clients fish for him/her. I am sure you don't do that with your clients.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
That is a bit reaching!

Gaffing a fish after the client has fought it and reeled it in for hours is no way compared to a wannabe Hollywood star shutting his client from the limelight so he can brag about killing his animal!

I have never met a single professional hunter who does not hold the same view as most of us regarding Mark Sullivan's silly antics.

It has nothing to do with being a professional hunter.

It all boils down to bragging and blowing his own trumpet.

It really is shameful how anyone would go so far to shame the profession.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Mark continues to offer these SA buff hunts in the coming years...I would be more than interested in hunting with Mr. Sullivan. tu2

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why would I ban you for paying someone else to shoot your animals for you? clap

So if MS shoots his clients game, just remember that 99% of hunters going to Africa doesn´t get to hunt their game. They are only led up to it to pul the trigger. The actual hunting and tracking is done by somebody else.
All in the same ballpark as I see it if a critique should rise on MS.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Sullivan can do whatever he and his clients can tolerate. I have a tough time with $12500 for a 3 day high fenced buff hunt. $2000x3 daily rate plus $6500 TF? Or $1000/day plus $9500 TF for a guaranteed kill( it's for sure if you don't kill it, Sullivan will)? I would much prefer a wild hunt with more time for less money....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13145 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it a guaranteed kill?...probably, but 14,000 acres is anything but a pen. For a little less than 30k you can hunt two huge buffalo and test your nerves at close range. I'll admit it..sounds fun to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never met a single professional hunter who does not hold the same view as most of us regarding Mark Sullivan's silly antics.

While you assert that within your personal circle of professional hunters this feeling might be true it is not however indicative of professional hunters overall. Not by a long shot. There are professional hunters who have hunted with Mark previously. As a very recent example just last week I was contacted by a PH asking if Mark would provide some one-on-one training for him and wanted weekly rates to do so.

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

While you assert that within your personal circle of professional hunters this feeling might be true it is not however indicative of professional hunters overall. Not by a long shot. There are professional hunters who have hunted with Mark previously. As a very recent example just last week I was contacted by a PH asking if Mark would provide some one-on-one training for him and wanted weekly rates to do so.

You might be right, but the circle of professional hunters I mix with are genuine, old fashioned professionals who pride themselves on what they do.

Non of them enjoys shooting their clients animals, and if that occasion arises, they know they have done something wrong, not pride themselves at doing it non stop.

How many real professional hunters put so many rediculous videos of animal charges?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Non of them enjoys shooting their clients animals, and if that occasion arises, they know they have done something wrong, not pride themselves at doing it non stop.

How many real professional hunters put so many rediculous videos of animal charges?

This has been debunked many times..he doesn't shoot all his clients animals and he explains that avoiding charges is easy if avoiding is what one wants to do.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This has been debunked many times..he doesn't shoot all his clients animals and he explains that avoiding charges is easy if avoiding is what one wants to do.

Heym:
Mark has also had far fewer charges than the haters want to admit. I'm going from memory here but if my recollection is accurate, in 16 years he had 8 buffalo and 6 hippo charges--for 16 years of filming! I also think it is interesting that in all the attacks on Mark (100% from those who never met the man, hunted with the man, or had the guts to speak to him face to face), Mark has never attacked or rebutted his attackers. That speaks volumes about his character.
Next year, 2x1 buffalo with Mark--you and I? I will bring my old .600 Wilkes.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa