Find
Notify
Tools

HUNT SOLD, MOD'S PLEASE TAKE DOWN!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted
CONTACT JEFF NEAL IN OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST. I WILL BE OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND NOT ABLE TO ANSWER ANY EMAILS OR PM'S UNTIL MAY 17. THANKS!

Outfitter: Brooklands Hunting Safaris/Pete Fick

Animals: Lion

Year: 2010

Agent: Jeff C. Neal, Inc.

No longer on hold:

Save Conservancy Lion Special - $39,300.00 Inclusive of Trophy fee for the Lion!

We have the exact same hunt deal in Zimbabwe in the Save Valley Conservancy for lion in 2010 except it is discounted another $10,700! The all inclusive lion package for 18 days is only $39,300, inclusive of trophy fee for lion,daily rates, all taxes and permits for lion! This hunt price is for 2010 only. Other animals available at a trophy fee basis including Buffalo, Leopard, Waterbuck, Nyala and a large variety of plainsgame animals.

Available dates are(18 days):
21 April - 9 May or
Anytime from 7 Sept to 7 Oct or
Anytime from 27 Oct to 30 November

The area is part of the Save Valley Conservancy, a vast, 1,000,000 acre area that is very well known for its Lions. The hunting area itself is 95,000 acres.

Clients can get to the hunting area one of two ways:
• By air - A charter to a registered strip which is a short distance to the west of the Hunting Lodge can be organized. This charter takes approximately 1 hr 20 mins (Approx. $2000 flight round trip)
• Vehicle transfer - is a 4 - 5 hour drive from Harare. Quotations on the above can be provided.(approx. $700 round trip)

This area is very accommodating to the non-hunter as well. The Camp is in close proximity to various other activities for the non-hunting clients. They are as follows:
• The Zimbabwe Ruins - the famous stone structures of cultural, historical & photographic interest
• The fascinating Chilo cliffs
• The beauty of the Chimanimani mountains
• Cultural visits to the arts & craft centres which typify Zimbabwe.

Please contact Greg Brownlee with Jeff C. Neal, Inc. for more information on this hunt or for booking. This is the only Lion available in the conservancy for 2010 and will not last long.

Jeff C. Neal, Inc.
(918) 299-3580
www.jeffcnealinc.com
Greg4jeffcneal@aol.com

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm the lucky guy in the photo;with the turn for the better thats occurring in the world economy this will be one of those "buys" we'll kick ourselves for not pursuing. Don't hesitate to suggest trophy wish lists and see what Brooklands can accommodate. Great trip......buff,eland, hyena,big Waterbuck etc. I'm half tempted to go again.........but am awaiting Brookland's and Donza Desfountain's report on ele hunts for big bulls seeking the ripe Marula fruit north of Gona re Zhou. Hey,Dale, send reports and pictures. Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronxfats:
I'm the lucky guy in the photo;with the turn for the better thats occurring in the world economy this will be one of those "buys" we'll kick ourselves for not pursuing. Don't hesitate to suggest trophy wish lists and see what Brooklands can accommodate. Great trip......buff,eland, hyena,big Waterbuck etc. I'm half tempted to go again.........but am awaiting Brookland's and Donza Desfountain's report on ele hunts for big bulls seeking the ripe Marula fruit north of Gona re Zhou. Hey,Dale, send reports and pictures. Jim

Thanks Jim, I will pass this along to Dale!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Jim,

What a superb specimen well done.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9877 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW what a Outstanding Cat.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I never heard much about the Save until I joined this site. I note a number of agents here advertising this conservancy. Couple of questions.

You and I know late season hunts for cats is not very productive so what are your success rates on Lion from October onwards? How many Lion does Save have on quota? When you say part of the Save or 'the hunting area' what do you mean? Is it fenced or is the Save subdivided? I was under the impression that some were advertising a million acres but you are not?

Let us say 'one of us' bought a late season hunt and did not see hide nor hair of a Lion but took Buff and some plains game then why not offer a downgrade for AR members, PG rates plus cost of Lion license? Like wise your commission would be halved but everyone comes out smiling.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Greg,

I never heard much about the Save until I joined this site. I note a number of agents here advertising this conservancy. Couple of questions.

You and I know late season hunts for cats is not very productive so what are your success rates on Lion from October onwards? How many Lion does Save have on quota? When you say part of the Save or 'the hunting area' what do you mean? Is it fenced or is the Save subdivided? I was under the impression that some were advertising a million acres but you are not?

Let us say 'one of us' bought a late season hunt and did not see hide nor hair of a Lion but took Buff and some plains game then why not offer a downgrade for AR members, PG rates plus cost of Lion license? Like wise your commission would be halved but everyone comes out smiling.

Fairgame,

Thanks for the questions, sorry it took so long to answer. October in the Save is actually a good time to hunt cats. Sure, it will be hot and the cats will be a little sluggish during the day, but there is not much cover for the cats to hide in hence making it tougher for them to hunt. When it is tough for them to hunt, they come to baits easier. I really cannot give you figures on our success rates for the Save as they only take one lion out of this concession per year and we have not had a client go in October, but you will see the cats. This outfitter is 100% on Lion shot opportunity, although that number represents only 1 cat per year.

Regarding the question of this hunting area, it is 95,000 acres, but not subdivided from the rest of the Save conservancy. The entire Save Conservancy is 1,000,000 acres and is occupied by different outfitters who each have a portion of it.

We have offered options like the one you have posted before on normal hunts, but this hunt is a special and we cannot really downgrade it as it is already discounted over $15,000 from its original price. I will say that should you not get an opportunity at a respectable lion in your 18 days I can work a deal out where you pay a small day fee ($150/day to cover expenses) to stay longer until you get your opportunity. That does not mean stay until you get a cat, I mean stay until you get a good, clean shot opportunity at a good cat. Ask Jim how many good cats he saw before taking the lion in the photo above. Dale, the PH, reports seeing 7 good males (not including young ones and females) in the first 10 days until finally taking the giant he did!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg. The last paragraph was tongue in cheek. Note we generally do not recommend the late season as baits do not last and other factors such as the Impala are dropping making it more difficult to attract the cats. I also find them quite lazy during the hotter months. However by the sounds of it you have many Lion and the quality is obviously very high.

Nice gesture to offer the extension and sounds like a great deal.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal