Notify
Tools

Chinese Water Deer & Muntjac 2023/24
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted
Hi everyone,

I would like to offer these fantastic packages in the stunning Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire countryside within an hour of Heathrow Airport. My outfitter has the hunting rights to some beautiful estates/farms which have a very good population of Chinese Water Deer and Muntjac. The deer that inhabit these areas are completely wild and free ranging (no high fences). I have personally hunted these areas as to have clients of mine on AR and elsewhere.

The package is based on three days hunting and four nights accommodation (two outings per day morning & evening, six outings in total).

Package price £3,600 hunting 1x1.

Dates - From November 2023 to the end of March 2024.

INCLUDED in the package price
Professional guide
Use of an estate rifle & ammunition
Shot test before you go out
Field preparation
1 x trophy/medal Chinese Water Deer
1 x Trophy/medal Muntjac
Up to 6 x cull animals (Chinese Water Deer buck/doe, Muntjac buck/doe and Roe Doe)
Hotel/pub accommodation for one person for four nights (including breakfast)
1 x observer NO CHARGE (if bringing someone with you)
Hotel/pub pick up/drop off each day
Pick up and drop off from/to Heathrow Airport

NOT INCLUDED in the package price
International flights to and from England
Lunch, Dinner and all drinks each day
Dip & Pack
Taxidermy work and shipping trophies back home
Personal expenses and insurance
Visitor Firearms Permit £20 if bringing your own rifle
Any additional trophy/medal Chinese Water Deer or Muntjac £650 per animal

You can of course hire a car instead and drive yourself to the hotel. £200 would be taken off the package price if hiring a car. You can then drive to local attractions like Oxford or Cambridge when not hunting.

I would require a deposit of £1,200 to secure dates with a further £1,200 30 days before arriving in England. Total before arrival £2,400 which covers the outing fees, hotel accommodation and airport pick up/drop off. The balance (trophy fees plus any extras) to be paid by bank transfer to Mike Taylor Sporting within seven days of returning home.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 684 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi blaser93,

Can you PM me your email address and I'll send over all the information.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blazer. With all due respect to Mike Taylor who offers honest deals,no one can guarantee a gold muntie. Official measuring in the UK is severe. I have seen Muntjac trophies "measured" by a gamekeeper as Gold which would struggle to make Bronze due to unevenness. I don't know how many Muntjac bucks I've taken, probably less than a hundred, 2 official Golds and one Silver. Good luck and enjoy your hunt but medals aren't everything!

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Hmm, OP, can I bring a "free observer" and let them hunt for no additional cost? Also, it's super important that you guarantee us both a gold medal trophy so we can complete our couples jerk off slam? It's 3600 pounds for Christ sake, you need 2 spots, then buy 2 spots. I don't know who's worse in this game, the slithering outfitters (not referring to OP) or the winy, cheap, inconsiderate hunters.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Hmm, OP, can I bring a "free observer" and let them hunt for no additional cost? Also, it's super important that you guarantee us both a gold medal trophy so we can complete our couples jerk off slam? It's 3600 pounds for Christ sake, you need 2 spots, then buy 2 spots. I don't know who's worse in this game, the slithering outfitters (not referring to OP) or the winy, cheap, inconsiderate hunters.

Ladies and gentlemen, Brad is back on in the building. rotflmo

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

yuck And very true…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just another comment on CWD. I haven't much experience with them having only taken a couple so I am open to being corrected. They lie up inthe middle of big arable fields so they are easy to hunt but hard to shoot. Very small deer at long range. With houses everywhere shot safety is paramount.
They fight with their tusks so the older they get the greater the chance of broken tusks. Gold medal CWD tend to be relatively young. Broken tusks may not look impressive but could be considered a better trophy. Don't turn down an old buck just because of a broken tusk even if it won't get a medal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not my first. Muntjac or Chinese hunt
Always someone who is nagative
Made a mistake posting . Kind of like the bully in school always taking the opportunity
Make themselves look better

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry you feel that way blazer! No offence intended.
Just a comment on the comparative rarity of officially measured Gold medal Muntjac with tens of thousands of Muntjac bucks shot each year and only a dozen or so Gold medals awarded by BASC and BDS.
Big debate in the UK on the ethics of measuring CWD. Some want it stopped. A problem coming up with a new system which rewards age rather than long-tusked younger bucks. It's like measuring Cape Buffalo where an 8 year old breeding bull usually outmeasures a 13 year worn-down dagga boy.
Good luck with your hunt and I hope you get lucky with huge trophies. Mike Taylor will look after your best interests. Please post photos of your bucks. I trust you will be thrilled with them even if they old and worn down and broken from fighting.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that was directed at me Pom, your advice was constructive and informative while mine was reactionary. My apologies to those offended. It does bring up an interesting observation, I see Blaser93's original request has been deleted? I don't think I have seen that before, how is it accomplished? I might have use for the same? Wink

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Brad, I thought your comment was spot on. The ad specified an observer for free. The poster wanted to bring someone along and have them hunt, essentially for free. Not cricket, old chap….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Did this hunt with Mike in February of this year and had a blast. Fun little deer to stalk and try to get on for a shot. Also a great little inn and pub as well. Heck of an adventure for the tare.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Mike, I sent you a private message.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Mike, I sent you a private message.

Hi SBT,

I have not received a PM from you. Can you send it again please.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097