THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Short Notice British Columbia Coastal Mountain Goat Scout Hunt - Hunt Sold Thanks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Notice British Columbia Coastal Mountain Goat Scout Hunt - Hunt Sold Thanks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Angus Morrison
posted
Gone much obliged

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
A steal.

What's the goat population like in this area? Will you have a general idea of where the goats are before the hunt based on scouting?

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Angus, terrific seeing you posting on here, especially with such a great offer. I'm still smarting from the sting of being forced to pass on this hunt when you offered it on CGN (I'm jjohnwm there).

For those who are unfamiliar with Angus, he is one of the most respected and knowledgeable members of Canada's gun community. He also exhibits very refined taste in firearms...when he offers something up for sale, you know it will be good. I'm certain the same will hold true of this hunt, and others to come.

Best of luck with this endeavour, Angus.Smiler

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg, yea that's as to the bone as I can make it. The guide to be is my younger brother, and I'm throwing him a favour and some experience building here as he's fully green. He's experienced in the BC backcountry but has never even seen a mountain goat yet, he is licensed, knows the regs and will keep everything on track, and is made of leather. Just the same demands a capable hunter.

The goat density is the highest anywhere on the continent, and I say this honestly, I don't make a cent selling this so I want everything to be completely frank. I can point you to some resident hunter forum posts I have nothing to do with for words on the goat numbers in the area if you're interested. Every area of our territory in the goat region is populated, this hunt would visit a lake that hasn't been hunted in likely about ten years (the owner before last). That's more than likely a plus not a minus, I want to expand to different lakes and if I can have the scouting gain my brother experience and cover the floatplane costs works for me in this case. No there would be no advance scouting as it costs me the $2500 floatplane trip, I'm paying for that out of this price as well, so I may end up negative after it but Luke will gain experience and I'll get a report on a new lake. I can send along a black bear tag cheap too if that's interesting.

Angus

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
Angus, terrific seeing you posting on here, especially with such a great offer. I'm still smarting from the sting of being forced to pass on this hunt when you offered it on CGN (I'm jjohnwm there).

For those who are unfamiliar with Angus, he is one of the most respected and knowledgeable members of Canada's gun community. He also exhibits very refined taste in firearms...when he offers something up for sale, you know it will be good. I'm certain the same will hold true of this hunt, and others to come.

Best of luck with this endeavour, Angus.Smiler

John

John you're making me blush! Thank you for the kind words, you've struck a point or at least given me the platform to say I want anyone I deal with to be happy. John is right this is a "friend deal" I booked a couple of for Canadians, but this time here being offered publicly. My brother gained an extra week off work and instead of having him cut firewood figured why not get him and a lucky hunter afield, he gains experience and I gain more knowledge of the territory. Hopefully some adventurous soul has their boots twitch, this is less than half the standard rate.

Happy trails John, we'll see you soon enough out here!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
great offer Angus.

wish the hunter a good hunting time.

Phil

Posts: 1737 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I were younger and in shape I would jump this deal now.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, appreciate the kind words and see you in Whitehorse one day.

Thanks Dave, it's as cheap as a guy will ever be able to hunt mountain goat let alone in the top region in the whole continent for them.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I am from British Columbia and I did a lot of guiding and hunting for goats. I do not know Angus, but I do know he has good taste in firearms from the toys I have seen him post pictures of.

I can assure anyone thinking about this hunt that it is superb mountain goat country. Arguably the best place to look for a monster. Rugged, awesome and remote. I use to guide for grizzly in the general vicinity and they grow extra large there as well. Wink

If I was younger and still had good knees I would jump on this offer myself.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Angus welcome aboard.I hope some adventuresome guy jumps at this deal.
Guys Angus is a real strait shooter in more ways than one and an accomplished photographer as well as you can see from his pictures.
Angus hope you are having better weather down there cold and wind at 72 N then nice yesterday in the tank again today but that's the Arctic.
Take care and good luck. Bill

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Skyline, indeed the area is ridiculous in many aspects, largely due to the difficulty of access and lack of people in my opinion. Helps that it's one of the wettest places on earth too, even if that gets uncomfortable. Heck if you weren't so busy with your own operation on bears we'd have to talk if you wanted to come up and enjoy the north coast again. We're hunting two grizzlies on the ocean starting Sept 1st, should be an interesting fall.

Bill! This is a reunion here and bloody small world, how'd Fred's plane run after you guys got out of ZF? Hopefully it's working for you guys, and the other Beaver's back. I clenched my teeth for him after he got out of the lil lake, that's a long ride on new parts in a bush overhaul. Thanks for the kind words.