Find
Notify
Tools

Whitetail Hunt Guranteed 180+BC Only $6,500
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Discussions about technicalities belong somewhere else. Discussiona about references, prices, hunt details. Now we're talking. As for the name calling and vulgar behavior....grow up people!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Discussions about technicalities belong somewhere else. Discussiona about references, prices, hunt details. Now we're talking. As for the name calling and vulgar behavior....grow up people!

Brett

+1 Well said Brett

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here here!!! About time! We're on page 3 now of a thread offering a "hunt", and everyone feels obliged to get on their soapbox and profess that THEY would not be interested in such a hunt. That's fine...then move on. There must be a market for such hunts, as witnessed by all the game ranches in Texas, South Africa, Namibia, Michigan, New Zealand, etc.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of some of the arguements with the wife. Lot of talking and everything stays the same.

Posts: 291 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tractorred:
This reminds me of some of the arguements with the wife. Lot of talking and everything stays the same.

yuck

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 22 September 2011 03:23 Hide Post
Here here!!! About time! We're on page 3 now of a thread offering a "hunt", and everyone feels obliged to get on their soapbox and profess that THEY would not be interested in such a hunt. That's fine...then move on. There must be a market for such hunts, as witnessed by all the game ranches in Texas, South Africa, Namibia, Michigan, New Zealand, etc.

I think most of us do not object to them offering a shoot like this, it's the fact that he mis-represented it by saying you could shoot a B&C buck which we all know you can't do behind a fence.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reelman1:
quote:
Posted 22 September 2011 03:23 Hide Post

I think most of us do not object to them offering a shoot like this, it's the fact that he mis-represented it by saying you could shoot a B&C buck which we all know you can't do behind a fence.

hammering

killpc

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
horse

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think most of us do not object to them offering a shoot like this, it's the fact that he mis-represented it by saying you could shoot a B&C buck which we all know you can't do behind a fence

He most certainly did not say you could shoot a buck that could be entered in the Boone and Crockett listings. He said, and here is the exact quote:
"Guaranteed 180BC or better buck for only $6,500."
He did not say you could enter the buck in the Boone and Crockett listings, therefore there is absolutely no misrepresentation in the original post. Had he said that you could, you might have a point, but he did not so you don't.

I hope that you aren't trying to say that no whitetail that would measure 180 inches under the B&C system could possibly exist behind a fence.

There must be some sort of twilight zone on this message board where people read things into posts according to their personal biases. I could care less whether you think such a hunt is ethical. If you don't, don't go, but don't tell me I can't use the Boone and Crockett scoring method, or any other method I choose to use, to score any head of any North American animal I choose to score. I can, and no matter what your thoughts are on the ethics of how I hunted the animal, you can't stop me from doing so. If I shoot a whitetail buck on some fenced preserve and decide to use that method to score it, that would be perfectly legal to do. It would decidedly not be legal or ethical for me to enter it in the B&C record book, nor would I want to, but if I want to say that the head scores 180 under the B&C system, that would not be either illegal or unethical.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
And the Beat Down goes on.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He most certainly did not say you could shoot a buck that could be entered in the Boone and Crockett listings. He said, and here is the exact quote:
"Guaranteed 180BC or better buck for only $6,500."
He did not say you could enter the buck in the Boone and Crockett listings, therefore there is absolutely no misrepresentation in the original post. Had he said that you could, you might have a point, but he did not so you don't.

I hope that you aren't trying to say that no whitetail that would measure 180 inches under the B&C system could possibly exist behind a fence.

There must be some sort of twilight zone on this message board where people read things into posts according to their personal biases. I could care less whether you think such a hunt is ethical. If you don't, don't go, but don't tell me I can't use the Boone and Crockett scoring method, or any other method I choose to use, to score any head of any North American animal I choose to score. I can, and no matter what your thoughts are on the ethics of how I hunted the animal, you can't stop me from doing so. If I shoot a whitetail buck on some fenced preserve and decide to use that method to score it, that would be perfectly legal to do. It would decidedly not be legal or ethical for me to enter it in the B&C record book, nor would I want to, but if I want to say that the head scores 180 under the B&C system, that would not be either illegal or unethical.

First rule under B&C is that the hunt must be fair chase by their guide lines and behind a fence is not fair chase according to them. Therfore you can not use the B&C scoring system because the animal fails the first test. I know it's a technicality but someone who is in the business of selling deer based on their antler size should, and does, know this. The reason he used B&C is because it sounds better than using SCI.

Posts: 144 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
First rule under B&C is that the hunt must be fair chase by their guide lines and behind a fence is not fair chase according to them. Therfore you can not use the B&C scoring system because the animal fails the first test. I know it's a technicality but someone who is in the business of selling deer based on their antler size should, and does, know this. The reason he used B&C is because it sounds better than using SCI.

Your "therfore"(sic) is bullshit.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question for the sticklers.

Just for shits and giggles, maybe you could answer me this.

If I were behind a high fence and was able to take these coons with Jim Beam rather than grinning them into submission like Dan'l or Davy, would that preclude me from scoring them B & C.

sofa

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny right there....I don't care who you are... rotflmo

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Show me the law that says I can't use the B&C scoring method on any animal I choose. If it is not against the law, I could care less what their rules are. Their method of scoring is published and can be used by anyone. What they will not allow is for anyone to enter an animal into their record book that has been not been taken by their definition of fair chase. Your interpretation is baloney, but even though you are wrong, you are entitled to spout that opinion no matter how silly it is. This is America and stupidity is not a crime.

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
The concept of "SOMEWHERE ELSE" is lost on some here..........unfreaking believable! killpc

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

Dude, that is funny!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:

If I were behind a high fence and was able to take these coons with Jim Beam rather than grinning them into submission like Dan'l or Davy, would that preclude me from scoring them B & C.

sofa

GWB

Would this be considered Green Hunting? Let them sleep off the Beam, wake em up and give them a couple of aspirin? Just askin???

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something like that.
However you have to be selective. Coons are smart and learn quick. Next time they'll won't come down unless I feature something like Gentleman Jack or Maker's mark.

That why I pull the old switcheroo and hit them with some el Jimador. Smooth as Patron but easier on the pocketbook.

Never knew what hit em.

Next time I might tell ya' about hunting hummin' birds behind a high fence. Trying to score a hummingbird tongue on the HF & OL scale can be tricky!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
quote:

sofa

GWB

They may be scored by the B&C system if taken with Jim Beam, but not enetered into the books as Bean is a Bourbon(Kentucky product: Boone). To be entered into the books they must be taken with a combination of a Bourbon and a Tenneesee Whiskey (Tenneesee:Crockett). Big Grin

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good thing that we have knowledgeable folks on this forum that can keep a ignorant ol'Texican on the straight and narrow. Wouldn't want to violate any rules. jumping

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the coon that is facing away from the rest will make book. shocker shocker

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:.

That why I pull the old switcheroo and hit them with some el Jimador. Smooth as Patron but easier on the pocketbook.

GWB

Now this is a false statement........ El jimador is pretty awefull tequila...... well really patron isnt that great either.....

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patricio Gaudiano:
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:.

GWB

Now this is a false statement........ El jimador is pretty awefull tequila...... well really patron isnt that great either.....

Patricio, por favor, go with the flow. At the local medicinal dispensary where I procure my spirits, El Jimador is cheaper than Patron. How much should one spend on a bottle of Tequila that is going to be fed to coons?

As always, I'm open to suggestions and willing to learn from the voice of experience. tu2

Oh well, I figured I'd catch heck for doing it behind a high fence, or for using bait, but not the type of bait I used. However, considering the tone of this thread............ jumping

Best

GWB

PS: Photos of your trophy coons w/ quality tequila would be instructive! H F & OL scoring is accepted, even encouraged. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kelly's Hero's one of my all time favorite movies.

As for the High Fence coon hunting, all depends on the acreage involved and the stocking rate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I shoot them there coons with a light at night can I still enter them in B&C? Can I score them with B&C even if I don't enter them?
If I'm drinking the Jim Beam, does that count?

I need to know, I don't want to offend anybody.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to know, I don't want to offend anybody.

Too late!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only people you are going to offend are arse holes that can't properly judge a coon!!!!

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I've got my .22 sighted in at 37y, which is the distance to the tins of cat food on my other porch.

Is that considered baiting even though my wife is feeding her animals? Do I need to go SCI?

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
I've got my .22 sighted in at 37y, which is the distance to the tins of cat food on my other porch.

Is that considered baiting even though my wife is feeding her animals? Do I need to go SCI?

As was pointed out earlier, that would be 'estate' rules.
Come on man, get your regs right!!

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think SCI has a special category for that, but I believe they only give out Gold and Silver medals for coons as there is just way too many animals tht make the Bronze category! shocker shocker shocker horse

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Let's put this thread to rest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naw, that ain't no fun!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
Never hunted high fence.

Never scored an animal I've shot.

but it seems a shame a fellow can't come here a post a legit offer, (whether you consider it a hunt or not) and not be subject to scorn and ridicule.

Best

GWB

+1 Exactly.

All the people who are adding their "insights" should just shut the fuck up and go on to another thread. I wouldn't take this hunt, but many others might and that is their choice and their hunt.

and yet you would espouse to never ever book a hunt with jeff blair ? sweep behind your own door first or maybe your own fence ! hahahaha

If u want missing trophies,stolen trophies,crap mounts or replacement minature trophies .....use KARL HUMAN TAXIDERMY in east london, south africa.