Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Plainsgame Openings - $350/day
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted
Agent: Greg Brownlee @ Jeff C. Neal, Inc.

Outfitter: Westfalen Hunting Safaris

PH: John Van Der Westhuizen

Dates: There are a few openings from from August 10 - September 20, inquire for exact times available.

Our main Namibian outfitter, Westfalen Hunting Safaris, has some openings this year and needs to get them filled. We've been booking with them since 2008 and have had 100% satisfied clients (including some AR members). Westfalen's properties are two separate parcels totaling more than 150,000 acres of un-fenced, free range hunting. Here they have 15 huntable species of big game including oryx, kudu, warthog, and the damara Dik-Dik, an animal only found in this part of Namibia. Hunters need to fly into Windhoek where they will be picked up at the airport and driven to camp. Camp is located 5.5 hours NW of Windhoek, north of the town of Outjo. Camp consists of comfortable rock roundavel's under thatch, with hot and cold running water, flush toilets and two beds. The camp, named "Elephant Camp" get's it's name because a herd of desert elephants frequents the lake near the outdoor dining area. It's really one of the more beautiful settings for a camp that I've been to. Hunting parties are never mixed, the food is honestly the best I've ever had in Africa (many clients will attest to this), and this is one of the nicest, most honest family run operations I've ever dealt with. I hunted with them in 2009 and will make a stop over to see them again next time I go to Africa. They're worth the trip.

Hunting is done via spot and stalk from the granite Kopies, with most shot distances being well under 200 yards. They are set up for bow hunting, though compound bows are preferred.

Here's a hunt report from an AR member for those who are interested:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...221064361#9221064361

The rates for this hunt are as follows:

$350/day per hunter for 1x1
$280/day per hunter for 2x1
Observers are $200/day.

Trophy fees as follows:

Kudu - $1,000
Oryx - $700
Springbok $450
Warthog - $350
Steenbuck - $280
Red Hartebeest - $700
Grey Duiker - $280
Damara Dik Dik - $1,100 (on quota)
Klipspringer - $1,100 (on quota)
Giraffe - $1,300
Mountain Zebra - $900
Baboon - $80
Jackal - $80
Cheetah - $3,000 (non-importable to the US)

Additional fees will be the 15% Namibian VAT on daily rates, Airfare to and from Windhoek, Namibia, round trip transfers to camp ($600, car rental is another option), dip and pack of trophies ($70 each/$140 for giraffe), shipping of trophies, hotels before or after the safari or gratuities to guides if warranted.

Expect to see hundreds of oryx each day on this hunt, and lots of kudu, warthog, and hartebeest as well. Clients looking for Damara Dik-Dik should also consider this hunt as there is a very high concentration of them in some areas of the property, and success has been 100% in previous seasons. The quota is very limited on them, so if interested let me know so I can try and reserve one.

Photos from a few of our clients hunts here:

Very nice kudu bull photo taken by our hunter who'd already taken a kudu:

Here's our client with his 41" Oryx

Another nice oryx:

Red Hartebeest taken by our client here:

Mountain Zebra

Cheetah taken by Tendrams here in 2011:

Damara Dik-Dik taken by Tendrams in 2011:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
For obvious reasons, I have to agree with Greg that this outfit is top shelf. Frankly, I was paying rates like this over 12 years ago to hunt good PG areas in RSA or Zim. That we can still hunt places like this, with really amazing outfitters like Westfalen, and at $350 a day, is just nothing short of amazing. In another decade, we'll be talking about these being "the good ol' days"!

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
For obvious reasons, I have to agree with Greg that this outfit is top shelf. Frankly, I was paying rates like this over 12 years ago to hunt good PG areas in RSA or Zim. That we can still hunt places like this, with really amazing outfitters like Westfalen, and at $350 a day, is just nothing short of amazing. In another decade, we'll be talking about these being "the good ol' days"!

I agree, John. The rates are scheduled to go up for 2015 as well so now would be a good time to go!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote