Notify
Tools

50 inch Cape Buffalo Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We have a tremendous Cape Buff closing in on 50 inches with 16 inch Boss'

Hunt available for 2009 season . Zimbabwe Lowveld

Buff currently will score 125 points or better.

Ranking will be SCI top 40 - 50 all time.

PRICE: $ 100 000 obo

please feel free to contact me direct for picture of this magnificent Buff. still attempting to download direct to this page!!

Picture available. Will attempt to paste or provide attachment.

[URL= ]Record Book Cape Buff[/URL] [IMG] [/IMG]

Please feel free to contact me direct with questions on hunt.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
480 558 6932
apayne@impalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's this buffalo's name? This is no different than a canned lion hunt. I think that anyone would be ashamed everytime he looked at this "trophy". A 38" buffalo taken honestly is a far better trophy.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JohnDL,

+1

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys all saw my buff from last December. I wouldn't trade it straight up for this one. I had four and a half days of sweat equity in mine before I squeezed the trigger!

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys have an entirely too high of an opinion of our hunting brethren if you beleive for one minute that they will not scoop this "hunt" up.

I happen to agree with the vocal minority for all the good that does.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...is that an offer for an Ethical HUNT ?!

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
If this isn't a joke....it should be.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I saw this last night and thought the same thing. I wanted to postpone comment to see what others would say. It takes some balls to post this hunt for sure. I'd rather just not ever hunt a buffalo!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumbdown thumbdown thumbdown moon thumbdown thumbdown thumbdown moon thumbdown thumbdown thumbdown

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello all

No canned hunting on Buff in Zimbabwe. The hunt will take place on a large concession in the Lowveld

The pictures on this Buff were attained after a Buff capture . Hence the picture is within a Boma. The capture was necessary to gather stats on the sheer size of this magnificent bull and do some work on some "foot and mouth" free buffalo within the area in cooperation with National Parks.

Please contact me direct with any questions on the hunt

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
480 558-6932
apayne@impalasafaris.com

We have a tremendous Cape Buff closing in on 50 inches with 16 inch Boss'

Hunt available for 2009 season . Zimbabwe Lowveld

Buff currently will score 125 points or better.

Ranking will be SCI top 40 - 50 all time.

PRICE: $ 100 000 obo

please feel free to contact me direct for picture of this magnificent Buff. still attempting to download direct to this page!!

Picture available. Will attempt to paste or provide attachment.

[URL= ]Record Book Cape Buff[/URL] [IMG] [/IMG]

Please feel free to contact me direct with questions on hunt.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
480 558 6932
apayne@impalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some land in Florida you may want to buy......

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
What happened to the good ol' days when a 50"x16" Buffalo could be had for only $75,000?

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethics aside, seems short-sighted to sell a hunt for this buff when it could be used as bait to sell a bunch of hunts that might get a crack at him...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
125 is a good score but not an incredible score. I have shot 2 that score higher for a fraction of the price.

$100,000 for the potential to shoot a single wild buffalo seems ridiculous. What are the chances of seeing a single truly wild buffalo ever again?

Who knows? The stock market is up 380 points today. Maybe someone will try it. Seems awfully risky for a single wild buffalo.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello larryshores

you have definitely taken some magnificent Buff with such a score!! congrats

What makes this Buff standout is the sheer "spread" . hence the offers we have received.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
480 558 6932
apayne@impalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Granted it is wide. To me this must mean the curls aren't much to only score 125.

Was that an actual picture of it in the boma? I couldn't tell much from that picture.

I am trying to understand if this is fair chase free range, how can anyone guarantee a reasonable chance of a shot at it? I have hunted buffalo an awful lot (taken 30). They seem to move around a hell of a lot to me especially when the water is dissipating.

I also don't believe that you have indicated who you will be hunting the buffalo with.

I have a 40 1/2 that scores 128 and a 44 1/2 that scores 130. I have a 38 1/2 with 22 inch bosses and big curls that I never scored. So yes, I have taken some better than average buffalo.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello larryshores

Yes if my picture did download last night ( still trying to figure out how to download propoerly on this site ) that is the actual Buff after the capture while in the Boma.

This is a fair chase hunt in the Mateki Hills, very large concession with good Buff,Lion, Sable, some Ele, and good plains game .

The guarantee is that if the actual Buff is not taken then the hunter can take an alternate Buff in the concession which are also VERY impressive.

7 Day hunt including Buff trophy : $13000.00

The hunt will be conducted by PH Ron Sparrow

yes sir , you have taken some superb Buff!!

If you have a moment do shoot a few pictures over.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
480 558 6932
apayne@impalasafaris.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arnold,

I realize your getting piled on here a little but your kind of coming in guns blazing out of nowhere. $13,000 is Hell of a high price for a 7 day buff hunt in Zim.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Mark

Only in this area at this price. The Buff are something else.

Prices within market range up in the Valley, Matetsi , Escarpment and so on which are quality areas as you already know.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
480 558 6932
apayne@impalasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
apayne@impalasafaris.com

Gentlemen, could you please clarify current situation in Zimbabwe? Actually I want to go there, but I forward you an email from African outfitter;
"Dear Mr Emil Aliyev ,

Many thanks for your E mail , which I did read with interest.

We do not hunt in Zimbabwe as we consider this country as too dangerous to visit and specially not with clients , as we are responsible for them.

We strongly advice you not to hunt in Zimbabwe and we have to decline from quoting.

However if you are interested to hunt in South Africa we can of course quote you for the requested animals and another 30 kind of animals.

Please inform me if you can switch this Safari to South Africa and meanwhile kind regards ,

Hans van der Biezen

(President -Prof Hunter - Outfitter - Master Measurer trophies SCI )
"

info@worldwidesafaris.net
Tel:+99 450 3656045
+99 455 3656045
Fax:+99 412 4189495

Posts: 36 | Location: Azerbaijan | Registered: 16 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Emil Aliyev:
We do not hunt in Zimbabwe as we consider this country as too dangerous to visit and specially not with clients , as we are responsible for them.

We strongly advice you not to hunt in Zimbabwe and we have to decline from quoting.

However if you are interested to hunt in South Africa we can of course quote you for the requested animals and another 30 kind of animals.
Hans van der Biezen"

This really chaps my ass. Mad

I have always found it deplorable how a ph from SA has the balls to say that Zimbabwe is too dangerous and they would never go there, or take clients there, while saying, "you should come to South Africa!"

Joberg is far more dangerous than any area of Zimbabwe. Anyone ever consider that?

When traveling in the US, or overseas, there are parts of any large city where you can be killed. China, Germany, London, Dallas, Houston, Harare, and South Africa especially!

Give me a break, do people actually buy that crap? Instilling a false sense of fear into them to get them to book a hunt in South Africa instead of Zimbabwe?

Sure Zim has problems, more than their fair share, but you don't have to lie about it and tell people it is "too dangerous to visit".

If you want to go to Zim, educate yourself on the situation, find out what the real story is, talk to unbiased individuals, like people who have been there recently.

What a crock of BS this guy is spewing.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Wendell

Absolutely True

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
apayne@impalasafaris.com
480 558-6932

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hence the picture is within a Boma

That tells me all I need to know.

You have captured the buffalo, and now trying to sell it for $100,000!

This IS a canned buffalo hunt if there ever was one.

I am not sure if there is anyone on here who likes to hunt buffalo as much as I do, and I can assure you I would not shoot a buffalo like the one offered in this hunt even if it was FREE!

And I have asked around about Ronny Sparrow, and I am afraid the answers I am getting is that he is to be avoided.

That is enough information for me to give Impala African Safaris a wide birth!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the only time I had any concerns for my wellbeing in Zim was the two or three minutes it took to get a round in the 550 after I heard that odd coughing/chainsaw noise outside the tent about 2am. Turned out to be nothing but a leopard.

Rich
Buff Killer
Zimbabwe addict

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually I am not afraid from any "dangerous" countries, since we are hunters, especially Russian hunters do not interest for "dangerous" word. But unfortunately some hunters want to be sure about safety and since I get new offers from Zimbabwe outfitters I also believe there is OK. Please all experienced hunters from Zim, let me know which area in Zim best for Buffalo+Sable+Hippo+Waterbuck+Elephant hunt combinations?

Posts: 36 | Location: Azerbaijan | Registered: 16 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Emil,

You'll get a better response if you start a new thread over on the AR 'African Big Game Hunting' forum.

Also, if you visit www.shakariconnection.com and then click on the 'Hunting In' whatever country you're interested in, you'll find all the government and other warnings etc for that country.

What you have to remember is that most African countries have dangerous areas in cities etc, just the same as countries elsewhere in the world do....... With Zim, you obviously need to check you're not hunting on seized land for ethical reasons if nothing else, but if you book with any of the well established outfits who use reputable PHs there, you'll be fine on that and other scores.

Good luck in your research.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARNOLD PAYNE:
Hello larryshores

Yes if my picture did download last night ( still trying to figure out how to download propoerly on this site ) that is the actual Buff after the capture while in the Boma.

This is a fair chase hunt in the Mateki Hills, very large concession with good Buff,Lion, Sable, some Ele, and good plains game .

If you are referring to the pic in the other thread, then you must be on the beer

Other than being a young, soft bossed bull, the fact that anyone can stroke its muzzle behind a few strands of thin wire without being pummeled into the ground says it all! and you call this a "fair chase" hunt? How??

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cmon Mich,

Are you saying a proper Buffalo would be wearing that fence like a necklace?

Maybe the jess needs a little BLING BLING...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Other than being a young, soft bossed bull, the fact that anyone can stroke its muzzle behind a few strands of thin wire without being pummeled into the ground says it all! and you call this a "fair chase" hunt? How??

May be it is considered "fair chase" by an SCI awarded PH jumping

Sorry, could not help that clap

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obviously no one is responding very well to this. My question is what do the posters here think about this specifically.?

Do you think this is a scam?

Do you think this is behind a high fence?

Do you think the captured buff will be drugged and placed somewhere else where it can be easily found?

Do you think there is some other problem?

Just curious.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down for scam as well as distateful.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Obviously no one is responding very well to this. My question is what do the posters here think about this specifically.?

Do you think this is a scam?

Do you think this is behind a high fence?

Do you think the captured buff will be drugged and placed somewhere else where it can be easily found?

Do you think there is some other problem?

Just curious.

Here is my take on this.

Arnold Payne started off with three hunts.

The language he used tends to raise warning flags for me.

He then dropped in Ron Sparrows name, and added that he was a past SCI award winner.

Then the buffalo was photographed after being captured.

So no matter what excuse I might make for these offers as being kosher, I wasn't able to.

So my answer to your questions is;

Yes
Yes
Yes
Very likely.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have ejoyed all of the humor but time to put it all to rest

My company has a very strong reputation and we send out clients to the best outfitters, areas etc.

Saeed . My initial take was that you look into those such as myself that advertise hunts on this site and get all the facts. I assumed that you look into donations that companies like ours etc give to wildlife organizations and our involvement which helps hunting for all.

I was wrong so I beleive it is time for you to check into a "flag" that will clear this matter up completely.

Now if your site is fair at all...

You have 2 members on this site, one is a South African outfitter and the other is a local agent who books a couple hunts for the SA outfitter along with placing ads for different areas in Southern Africa.

The SA Outfitter always seems to have a comment whenever an ad is placed.

Now, I took his local Rep.( also from AR )to Zimbabwe and he hunted with me AND Ron Sparrow in 2007 in the Lowveld on a magnificent Leopard, PG concession. He had a magnificent hunt with Ron Sparrow and my other outfitter who was also present. thereafter after being invited to Ron Sparrows home Ron was kind enough to allow him to take another magnificent trophy on Ron Sparrows ranch in masvingo Province AND visit Ron Sparrows Private Wildlife Reserve.

We then toured the country with this gentleman and visited another another camp that we hunt in the Matetsi. I then invited him as a guest to my parents home in Bulawayo. might I add that at the beginning of the trip I invited this gentleman to do a bit of hunting on my families cattle ranch near Bulawyo which we have had since the 1940's.

As expected, the hunt was above board and the hunter had a fabulous experience with us in a tremendous concession.

In 2008 this gentlemen went back to the concession in the lowveld that we introduced him to and brought along his friend. They BOTH harvested two stunning Leopards along with other quality plains game and had yet another memorable hunt.

Neither of these gentlemen has done any wrong by selecting a great company, PH and outfitter and harvesting great animals.

BUT it would be best that you check on these facts as I have all the proof needed.

My take is a few here are questioning our reputation. Not gonna happen.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
www.impalasafaris.com
apayne@impalasafaris.com
480 558-6932

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arnold,

Your attempts to answer questions are obtuse at best.

I should think it would not be beneath you as you seem to imply.

From a hunters standpoint, everything about this reeks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana Bunduki

easy to throw stones

we have nothing but satisfied clients

will soon see if there is fairness on this site from the "powers that be"

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
www.impalasafaris.com
apayne@impalasafaris.com
480 558-6932

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have ejoyed all of the humor but time to put it all to rest

My company has a very strong reputation and we send out clients to the best outfitters, areas etc................
My take is a few here are questioning our reputation. Not gonna happen.

Arnold, I think there are far more than a "few" here who are questioning your reputation. AR has seen more than its fair share of shady agents who are always ultimately exposed. Perhaps you can learn something that one of AR's most notorius never could....when you are in a hole.....stop digging!!!!

diggin

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but perhaps I Misunderstand your version of the english language.

You appear out of nowhere offering to sell a specific Buffalo "approaching 50 inches" for $100,000 USD and are getting you ears boxed because you won't answer questions.

How does questioning this amount to throwing stones?

Not a single subsequent post on this or your pet kitty hunt have done a damn thing to ease anyones mind.

In fact you have mostly made the critic's case for them.

Since you claim SOOOOOOOO much experience, you then know damn good and well that this hunt is inappropriate at best.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana Bunduki

I respect what Bwanahile stated in his comment about AR's most notorious to continue digging.

I would do the very same thing if I was in your shoes and an agent came in with a high priced hunt of this nature.

I'm inviting you and anyone else to do some thorough research on the area of the hunt which is a fair chase hunt.Do some research on what my company is currently doing for hunting in general. I have given those that have PM'd me and e mailed me references of some of our clients and additional details.

You too are more than welcome to speak with them.

Arnold Payne
Impala African Safaris
www.impalasafaris.com
apayne@impalasafaris.com
480 558-6932

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Arnold,

You may have already answered the following questions and if so I apologize for the duplicity. Is the buff still being held in the boma? If so, at what point will the buff be released? Lastly, has any kind of locator device been implanted on the buff? Thanks.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do some research on what my company is currently doing for hunting in general.

Damn, you sound just like SCI there! jumping

Sorry guys, it was just soooooooo difficult to resist that one! rotflmo