THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    IMPORTANT - new ammo policy flying to S.A.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IMPORTANT - new ammo policy flying to S.A.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
Here is the text of an email I received this morning from our Spear Safaris, the safari operator I'll be hunting with this summer. It deals with 'new' storage requirements for your ammunition. My understanding is this takes effect immediately.

Dear all,

After a long discussion involving SAA, various Airport Managers , security companies yesterday, the following has been agreed upon for the transportation of firearms and ammunition .

There is a new Airports Act that requires all luggage (domestic and international)to be screened. Here various airports are finding ammunition in checked bags that is not packed correctly. Therefore the passengers are being called back to unlock bags, causing delays to the departure of the aircraft and disgruntled passengers. The ammunition is taken out and sent out to the next destination in a plastic bag. This causes problems as passengers check their bags to the final destination on departure from say Port Elizabeth and passengers find themselves with ammunition and no where to put it, when they arrive in Johannesburg.

With immediate effect all firearms must be packed and transported in an approved firearm case.
(There are still people arriving and trying to depart with firearms in their checked luggage)

Ammunition must be packed in a lockable box with key and placed in the checked luggage.

Ammo found in checked luggage in a manufacturers box or just thrown in will be taken out and put into a plastic bag and sent to the next destination. It is then the responsibility of the passenger to get the ammo home, which he can't do if his luggage has been checked through to his home base.

There are two options here, either the passenger adheres to having the ammo put into a locked box. OR
They check bags to their departure airport collect bags and firearms, ammo in the plastic bag and then goes and rechecks onto the flight home.

I will keep you up updated on the changes to the Airlink flights and new departure procedures.

Many thanks
Kind regards
Anne Gaines-Burrill
Air 2000 (Pty) Ltd
Hunters Support Service

Many thanks to Anne Gaines-Burrill and Marita Dyason for sharing this.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
CAelknuts,

I am not sure thats a new policy but rather maybe a stricter enforcement of an existing one?

Certainly when I took a firarm into RSA about three years ago, I carried my ammo in a small locking cashbox having been advised on here that was the policy themselves...

Reading previous hunt reports, some people have put a small padlock on a cheap plastic fishing tackle box and that has been deemed acceptable, but others have been told the box needs to be metal. Very likely, this confusion arising from the fact that very often the airline and check-in staff are not completely sure of how to interpret the rules..

The best bit of advise I had was to make sure that your cell phone has full international roaming and the put your cell number on all your luggage labels, plus put additional labels on the inside of the bags just in case the exterior ones come off...

That way should Security or Lost Luggage need to get hold of you about a baggage issue, they don't need to rely on those aweful tanoy announcements, but can call you direct..

Regards,

Peter

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
Jim and I fly out of Dulles on Monday (3-30-09). I checked the SAA web site a few minutes ago and nothing has changed since I printed out the firearms and ammo page a couple of months ago. The ambiguous description of "an ammunition case or solid box" remains, along with only a strong "recommendation" for lockable cases in bold type.

SAA
"Ammunition must be separated from weapons and may be packed within checked luggage, but must be properly secured in an ammunition case or solid box. No ammunition may be packed loosely in checked baggage or within the same case as firearms.

"We strongly recommend that ammunition be packed in lockable cases, which can be handed in as loose items at the firearm counters to avoid possible delays during checked baggage screening."

Rather than trying to figure this one out, we've decided it is easier to place all ammo in a lockable box. Surely they won't come up with some other new, and unanticipated, gripe to make us rethink our yearly vacation plans.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
All I know is that my safari operator just sent this to me, and it describes that you must have your ammo in a locked case placed inside your checked luggage. The letter indicates that SAA is having problems with people not adhering to this policy, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it on here. I can assure you, I"ll be taking my ammo packed exactly as indicated on this letter.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
This letter is NOT from the airlines nor the RSA government. There is another discussion about this info on the African Big Game Hunting thread.

You should always download an airlines gun & ammo policy from their website and carry it with you. My position is if it's not in their written/published policy it doesn't exist.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
Over the years I've noticed some inconsistency with the application and enforcement of regulations/policies/procedures at the Jo'burg airport - regarding the police office.

I just think it is easier to go ahead and get the lockable ammo box and use it. Go to the highest level that has crossed their minds. If they don't require it, that's fine. If they do, I'm covered.

Now, if they decide on some new happy crap like "must be covered in 'Dora the Explorer' stickers," then I'll have a problem.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
This letter is NOT from the airlines nor the RSA government. There is another discussion about this info on the African Big Game Hunting thread.

You should always download an airlines gun & ammo policy from their website and carry it with you. My position is if it's not in their written/published policy it doesn't exist.

Well this is from the SAA site directly and it is quite possible that they have changed the policy of a "must be secured in an ammunition case or solid box" to a locked box. In addition, I am told that the current IATA rules for INTERNATIONAL travel require a locked box. However, it is nearly impossible to get a copy of all of the IATA regulations so I am relying on a VERY knowledgeable person's word.

From the SAA site this morning:

1. SAA CARRIAGE OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION

Domestic (within and from the Republic of South Africa)

Departure (Inclusive of International departures)
Firearms may NOT be packed inside checked luggage and must therefore be packed in an appropriate lockable firearm container or case, separate from checked luggage.

Ammunition must be separated from weapons and may be packed within checked luggage, but must be properly secured in an ammunition case or solid box. No ammunition may be packed loosely in checked baggage or within the same case as firearms.

We strongly recommend that ammunition be packed in lockable cases, which can be handed in as loose items at the firearm counters to avoid possible delays during checked baggage screening.

All firearms and ammunition must be declared to the airline check-in agent at the time of check-in. Undeclared firearms and ammunition within checked luggage will result in such baggage being rejected during mandatory checked baggage screening, and will result in the passenger being required to open such baggage for further inspection and safe handling, or the confiscation of such items for further processing and forwarding on a subsequent flight.

Check-in agents will issue the relevant baggage tags and will then direct firearm owners to the appropriate firearm desk for inspection and processing of firearms and ammunition for secure handling to the aircraft.

During the acceptance process at the appropriate firearm desk, the following will be conducted:

The owner of the firearm will be required to produce a valid license or temporary import permit for the firearm(s) and ammunition.
The owner of the firearm(s) will be required to make and declare the firearm(s) safe and unloaded for carriage.
Security staff will request the firearm owner to open his/her checked luggage to verify that ammunition is securely packed and that the total weight of ammunition per license holder does not exceed 5kg’s in weight.
The owner of the firearm will be required to complete a firearm register for handover to security staff, who will ensure the secure loading of such items.
The staff at the firearm desk will send a pre-advise notification message to the receiving station, advising them of details and loading positions of firearms.
Checked baggage containing ammunition will be affixed with a special tag, indicating that such bag was already subjected to inspection, to avoid screening authorities from delaying or confiscating such bag for further security controls.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
I just think it is easier to go ahead and get the lockable ammo box and use it. Go to the highest level that has crossed their minds. If they don't require it, that's fine. If they do, I'm covered.

Now, if they decide on some new happy crap like "must be covered in 'Dora the Explorer' stickers," then I'll have a problem.

That is right Sue, it is all about making your life easier! Why tempt fate?

You and both know know that if they did require the "Dora the Explorer" stickers, you (me too) would cover the ammo box in stickers!

No reason to make life difficult on yourself when complying is so easy.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a link to a good quality, light lockable ammo box?

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Do you think they would charge me extra to check this?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell:

Cabela's had one, and the same box was for sale at Gander Mt. for about $25-27. It is plastic and can be used for digital (smaller) cameras as well. I used it last summer and it held about 6 plus boxes of 300 Win Mag and .308 but I imagine that in bigger cartridges you'd run out of wt and room about 60 to 80 rounds. I'll check and see if I can find it on Cabelas.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
voila!

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No reason to make life difficult on yourself when complying is so easy.

Exactly. thumb

Like I've said before, sometimes one NEEDS to skirt dumbass rules and regulations but when they're so easy to comply with, why bother? What is the point except for some kind of ego trip?

I can say this, if I'm in line behind someone who has deliberately disobeyed the regs and is now in the position of arguing/defending his dumbass actions while dozens of others wait their turn, I'm not going to be very happy with that fellow.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Anyone have a link to a good quality, light lockable ammo box?

Wal Mart has a "cash box" in office supply section for $9.87 that works perfectly.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is everyone thinking "metal box" now to comply??
I have used the molded, lockable pistol cases in the past with no problem. Metal/molded polymer??

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Pelican 1200 or the Plano Guide Series 1440 will both easily hold 5 boxes of .375 H&H which weigh almost exactly 5 Kg.

Both can be locked and are extremely sturdy in the unlikely event you have to ship them as a seperate piece.

Hardigg/Storm makes a similar case but I don't know the number.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Thanks RCG

Buy Pelican Cases here

This is the Pelican 1200 at $29 it looks like a pretty good option. You ought to be able to fit all your ammo in this one.
Inside Dimensions: 9.50"L x 7.50"W x 4.50"D

The Pelican 1120 is $17 and looks like it would fit 3 boxes of Remington 375 H&H, if laid flat.
Inside Dimensions: 7.38"L x 4.88"W x 3.13"D

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is one from cabelas/

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0024308215353a.shtml

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have been saying this for years, but no one listens. What the heck . . .

Ammo 1

Ammo 2

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wal Mart has a "cash box" in office supply section for $9.87 that works perfectly.

I usae this one going into R.S.A. with no problem.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell:

Both of those pelican cases are substantially smaller than the cabela's case (or Gander Mt) that I used. I can tell you that the one I used is none too large. I would recommend getting a larger one than either of those two Pelicans.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
SO, When you have your ammo in this hard case, locked, inside your checked bag, with TSA locks on it... -... well you see the issue with them wanting to look inside!

TSA locks on everything?

THEN whe you get to RSA and they want you to take this locked box out of your checked bag and send it on, checked, by itself, do they charge you for the extra checked bag?

Just curious really, I'll play their silly game and put all the ammo in a hard , locked box, but what a PITA.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
SO, When you have your ammo in this hard case, locked, inside your checked bag, with TSA locks on it... -... well you see the issue with them wanting to look inside!

TSA locks on everything?

THEN whe you get to RSA and they want you to take this locked box out of your checked bag and send it on, checked, by itself, do they charge you for the extra checked bag?

Just curious really, I'll play their silly game and put all the ammo in a hard , locked box, but what a PITA.

It's Africa, old son, and all of Africa is a PITA.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the www.Huntingreport.com

Important News On Travel To Africa With South African Airways

(posted March 27, 2009)

You may have heard some rumors about South African Airways refusing to take firearms to Zimbabwe and confiscating ammunition from passengers' luggage. If you are preparing to board a flight with SAA, here's what you need to know. First of all, rumors that SAA is refusing to take firearms to Zimbabwe are false. Apparently the rumor began when someone at Swiss International Airlines began advising US travel agencies that SAA will not take guns to Zim. The actual situation is that all airlines flying from a port in the European Union (EU) are blocked from taking any firearms to Zimbabwe. That's because of a firearms embargo implemented by the EU several years ago.

The United Kingdom was the first to enforce the EU embargo when it was first passed. Only last year did I hear The Netherlands was enforcing it. And only a week ago, a subscriber flying from Germany encountered the embargo. Apparently, Switzerland, although not a member of the EU, is now enforcing the embargo as well. What all this boils down to is that SAA is unable to check firearms all the way through to Zimbabwe when flying from the EU. However, they can check your guns through to South Africa from where they can take them on to Zimbabwe.

For several years now, The Hunting Report has advised subscribers on their way to Zim through the UK that they need to break their travel itinerary into two parts in order to circumvent this embargo. The first ticket must show South Africa as a final destination. A second and separate ticket should be issued for your flight from South Africa to Zimbabwe. This same advice applies to all flights from any country in the European Union.

Of course, not checking your bags all the way through to Zimbabwe means you will have to claim them in South Africa and check in for your connecting flight to Zimbabwe. This will require going through the temporary gun import process in South Africa, which can take some time. Be sure you schedule at least two to three hours between your flights. You can download the application form to import your guns from the home page of our web site under Important Forms. Be sure to read all of the instructions, as any errors will cost you valuable time at the airport. An alternative is to contact Hunters Support, one of The Hunting Report's corporate sponsors, and hire them to handle all the paperwork for you. They can get your permit issued ahead of time and will meet you there to make sure your gun gets on your next flight.

As for the rumors about ammunition, I'm indebted to Anne Gaines-Burrill of Hunters Support who tells me there is a new regulation in South Africa that's causing some problems for hunters. Seems all luggage, domestic and international, is now being screened in South African airports. Screeners are finding ammunition in checked bags that is incorrectly packed and are forcing passengers to remove it from their bags, which is causing all kinds of havoc.

According to Gaines-Burrill, all ammunition must now be packed and transported in a lockable ammo box placed within your checked luggage. A manufacturer's carton is no longer sufficient. Remember that there is also a limit of five kilograms of ammo per passenger. That includes the weight of your ammo box. And don't forget to declare your ammo at check-in. Have a great safari! - Barbara Crown, Editor

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

...there is also a limit of five kilograms of ammo per passenger. That includes the weight of your ammo box.

THIS is an even more restrictive interpretation! I wonder if this peculiar change is written anywhere or is this just someones' opinion!?!

This will surely result in one less box of ammo!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Better to buy a lockable Pelican case and put ammo in it.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know that the weight of the lockable ammo box can be considered in the 5 KG limit but I'm sure some airline counter person will try to enforce it that way. I have two Pelican 1300's that perfectly hold 6-7 boxes of ammo but the cases weigh 3 full pounds. If you even have 9 pounds of actual ammo your in trouble if you use the Pelican case. Personally I never carry near the max on ammo but if you do it might be prudent to get something from the airline stating whether the lockbox weight figures in to the 5kg restriction.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Gracy Travel yesterday and this whole locked box thing may be BS. By next week I should know the final word and will share it. If your leaving in the next few days it probably would be prudent to use the locked box just in case.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be interesting what Gracy knows that is not stated herein as my PH just contacted me about this locked box in a separate checked bag and confirmed the requirement on SAA.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I still think it is funny having to place ammo in a lock box but having to leave the key in the lock box.....

Kind of like locking the doors on a convertable when the top is down. I guess it just makes you feel better?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
muygrande,

I also rec'd the lock box info from our HO's awhile back. Gracy believes it may be BS as their clients are going through RSA as I write this with no problems or any special lock boxes.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For what is worth!!!!Last May,2008, I asked Annelise at Gracy's travel about any new rules or regulations that might affect our August 2008 safari to South Africa, from Minnapolis to New York to Jo'berg to Port Elizabeth.

At that time I was informed that ..."ammunition goes in the bag with your clothes in the original package or in a lockable container designed for ammo. The bag needs to be locked"....'it has to be in the bag with the clothes but it (the ammunition container) must be able to be locked."

This was excellent information and I follwed the directions to the extent of placing non TSA locks on the ammo container. But.....because I had plenty of room in the ammo case I also put in, a knife and the charger for my camera. Wrong thing to do!!! About an hour and a half after checkin I was called to the TSA Office in Minnapolis and was asked for my keys to open my clothes bag and my locked ammo case. Everything checked out OK. Was told to remove the charging devise and not to put items with wires attached in the ammo case. Good sound advise.

Made the remainder of the trip, there and back with out an airline problem.

Posts: 120 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SA is going to regulate them selfs out of the hunting business. I hate going through SA now.
Too much to worry about

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever gotten a definative ruling on this locked case issue.

I read the SAA web site info and it still seems iffy to me.

Les

One of Us
Picture of jcarr
posted Hide Post
quote:
From SAA website:
Ammunition must be separated from weapons and may be packed within checked luggage, but must be properly secured in an ammunition case or solid box. No ammunition may be packed loosely in checked baggage or within the same case as firearms.

We strongly recommend that ammunition be packed in lockable cases, which can be handed in as loose items at the firearm counters to avoid possible delays during checked baggage screening.

The main vice of capitalism is the uneven distribution of prosperity. The main vice of socialism is the even distribution of misery. -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 412 | Location: Wy | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I spoke with Gracy travel today. Their recommendation is to put your ammo in a locked box just to be cautious when traveling through RSA regardless of your destination. The lock box is NOT supposed to be part of your 5kg allowance. If you have booked through Gracy their travel packet that they send you will address this specific to the airlines you are flying on.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
I just got back from RSA on Friday morning (April 10th).

All ammo was packed in a lockable ammo box and packed in the luggage here in the states. TSA at Dulles opened the luggage, opened the ammo box, looked at it, then re-locked the box and returned it to the luggage. All was good.

On the return trip, the SAA representative at the counter who received our checked baggage stated that any ammo had to be removed from the luggage to shipped as a separate item. The locked ammo box was removed from the luggage before any luggage was tagged and accepted by the airline. The ammo box was issued a separate tag and sent as a piece of checked baggage.

There was no extra charge for the additional checked item. (You are allowed two checked bags per flier. Jim already had two items - a gun case and a suitcase - so the ammo box was a third item.)

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
One of the great things about Africa is that the locals with even a smattering of authority can make things up as they go along and we must comply.

This is all FUD! Nobody has been able to find it in official writing (govenment or airline law or regulations) anywhere, but we will all now carry our ammo in locked boxes so that when some shitbird African tells us we must do this or that we will be able to comply. They are killing the golden goose by continuing to make it more and more difficult to spend our American dollars on their continent.

SAA has been going downhill for many years - they used to be the best. I have reached the point where I will look at alternative routing and airlines to get myself and my clients onto the continent. SAA used to be the first choice but they are trying hard to become the last resort.

Personally, I don't hunt RSA anymore, anyway, so the only purpose of even arriving in country was as a convenient transit point for reaching the more desirable hunting countries. They can all be reached by alternative routing.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question??? If the RSA folks want you to ship the locked ammo box seperate, can you just opt to leave it there?? Most of the time I don't bring a lot of ammo back, so losing a few rounds might be easier than the hassle??

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote