Find
Notify
Tools

Delta seat pain
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
Last time I set my carcass in a Delta seat for the trip from Atlanta to Joberg -- about half way there the seat (according to my butt) had turned in to solid concrete. For my next and upcoming trip I was thinking of acquiring an extra cushy pad to place in the seat and hopefully minimize the agony -- any thoughts??

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I did that once before, using an inflatable camping pad. The improvements were decent, but it changed the geometry of the entire seat. From the headrest, to where your knees hit the seat in front of you, to the tray table, etc. - it all changed. I ended up losing the pad a few hours in.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Book "the pointy end" and all these troubles are gone Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try doing some deep air squats every other day a few weeks before your trip to build your glutes up.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Last time I flew Delta was miserable. I had an extremely overweight hunter next to me and it was his first time to RSA. He purchased the trip for 350 bucks at a QDM event. He talked the entire flight and literally 25% of his body was in my seat. I do not know how he got his hips inside the arm rest. It was all I could do not to say anything.

Lately been booking all flights as a group so that we all sit together. I told a guy this winter that if he did not purchase business class that he needs to buy two economy seats. I watched this same guy eat four cheeseburgers and two hotdogs for lunch one day. His buddy said something to him about how much he ate and he said that food was one of the only things in life that still gave him pleasure.

South Africa is an easy place for overweight people to hunt but getting over there can be extremely uncomfortable. I read that the current obesity rate is 39% for the American population over 13 years of age. That rate is forecasted to rise to 50% in ten years. You would think the airlines would make adjustments.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Best news yet- they are planning to make the seats even smaller!

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Easy fix...fly Emmirates!
I hads the same problem on their flights, bought one of the inflatable pad things (I think "Tru Contour") and it help a good bit, but not as much as flying a different airline.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
In 2015, the WHO said that the USA didn't make the top 15 in obesity.

Nauru .......................... 1 ...... 32.5
 Tonga ......................... 2 ...... 31.9
 Samoa ......................... 3 ...... 31.7
 Kuwait ......................... 4 ...... 30
 Saint Kitts and Nevis .......... 5 ...... 29.7
 Saint Lucia .................... 6 ...... 29.6
 Kiribati ....................... 6 ...... 29.6
 Palau .......................... 8 ...... 29.4
 Federated States of Micronesia . 8 ...... 29.4
 Tuvalu ......................... 10...... 29.3
 Qatar ..........................11...... 29.2
 Marshall Islands ................11...... 29.2
 Egypt ...........................11...... 29.2
 Jordan ..........................15...... 28.9
 Belize ..........................15...... 28.9
 United States of America ........17...... 28.8

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
My wife made cushions out of 1" memory foam that we use on the planes for long flights. Makes a huge difference in comfort for me.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
That is a good idea. They also have that cooling foam.

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Another thing I would like to see is for Delta to clean the bathrooms during the flight. Floors stay covered in urine.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Another thing I would like to see is for Delta to clean the bathrooms during the flight. Floors stay covered in urine.

Stunning to me how many guys walk around the plane in their stocking feet, even in the bathroom.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We bring those inflatable air cushions.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3339 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote