THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Is This The Future Of Air Travel?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This The Future Of Air Travel?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Don't you just love all those ads you get whenever a new aircraft is announced that shows, bars, shops and all other kinds of shit but then they always pull this stunt! Roll Eyes

I'd bet they'll also have to tighten up even more on excess baggage etc on this one because space is gonna be linited just because of the number of passengers. ..... and just think of those loooong waits for your bag to arrive on the carousel.

Ah, the joys of air travel. rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope you don't have to rush for the exits (or visit a restroom)!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1st it was how many sardines you could fit in a can, 2nd it was how many college students could fit in a telephone booth, now its airburst

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
And you can bet SAA will be reconfiguring their planes to stuff in a couple hundred more people. No Thanks.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
What a cattle car! God forbid!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
YEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
YEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!

Exactly.

I tell myself when I fly that my a** is not worth a $200 an hour seat, and that the plane ride is not THE trip, only the means to get to the destination. So, coach is how I fly.

Now, if you double or triple the screaming babies, stinky feet, and rude and inconsiderate people in my immediate vicinity, I could see an upgrade being not so much a luxury, as a necessity.

I cringe when I imagine a cattle car packed tight and stuck on the tarmac for 6 hours or more!!!!!!!!

No thanks.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the way it is in the cattle car section of the aircraft, stack 'em, pack 'em and get them into the air. Oh, almost forgot and to charge them thru the nose, the more bucks the better. Roll Eyes

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine sitting in this thing for the 15 hour Delta flight from Hotlanta to J'burg, but if that was the only option I could still figure out a way to survive.

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the hullabaloo the first time one of those flying clunkers goes in? Trust me. One will. It's an Airbus.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
If you think this is bad, wait until the "standing room seating" starts showing up:

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OMG -If they make the seats any smaller, they're going to have to have a "test seat" in the airport where, like your carry-on luggage, you can check to see if it fits. "It" in this case is you backside, shoulders and legs...
I'm glad I'm going soon, because I might not go again if that comes to pass on all the airlines.

Steve H
NRA Benefactor Member
"Most of my money I spent on reloading, hunting and shooting...the rest I just wasted."

Posts: 43 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 16 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
YEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!

...stinky feet...

Sue:

I am constantly amazed how many men take their shoes off on a flight thinking their feet smell like roses. God, what is about guys who can't smell how bad their feet stink? Are they just used to it?

My other favorite is watching some idiot go to the restroom on a plane in his stocking feet. Jeez, it is like standing in piss.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will have to arrive at the airport 2 days before your flight. TSA cannot handle Southwest at LAX. The security lines stretch almost to the next terminal on a normal day.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...s-picture-taken.html

No, this is the future!!

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am constantly amazed how many men take their shoes off on a flight thinking their feet smell like roses. God, what is about guys who can't smell how bad their feet stink? Are they just used to it?

Ever hear of deep vein thrombosis? It can kill you.

Experienced air travelers remove their shoes to improve circulation to the lower extremities during long flights to avoid blood clots, which may make their way to the lungs or heart.

Sounds like you need to log a few million more miles to figure out what the real hazards of airline travel are.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry.

In my 15 years of medical practice I have NEVER heard shoes were the problem with causing DVT's.

Remaining seated and not moving for more than 4-6 hours, on the other hand, is definitely a known risk factor.

Technically, you are causing the returning blood flow to be obstructed at the level of the pelvic girdle by sitting, and the blood pools in the calves, where it clots. The shoes are a nonfactor here. If your shoes are so tight you stop your arterial blood circulation, maybe you need a new pair of shoes, but it has nothing to do with venous thromboembolism. In fact, one of the treatments for preventing DVT is tight stockings (compression stockings).

Must be an old pilots tale, or else, just justification for what you want to do anyhow.

So, take an aspirin before the flight, and get up and walk around every 4-6 hours. Leave the shoes on.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

damn good( and accurate) advice.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...s-picture-taken.html

No, this is the future!!
must be an AR member( judging from the size of items i see advertised for sale in the classifieds here).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Sorry.

In my 15 years of medical practice I have NEVER heard shoes were the problem with causing DVT's.

Remaining seated and not moving for more than 4-6 hours, on the other hand, is definitely a known risk factor.

Technically, you are causing the returning blood flow to be obstructed at the level of the pelvic girdle by sitting, and the blood pools in the calves, where it clots. The shoes are a nonfactor here. If your shoes are so tight you stop your arterial blood circulation, maybe you need a new pair of shoes, but it has nothing to do with venous thromboembolism. In fact, one of the treatments for preventing DVT is tight stockings (compression stockings).

Must be an old pilots tale, or else, just justification for what you want to do anyhow.

So, take an aspirin before the flight, and get up and walk around every 4-6 hours. Leave the shoes on.

My doctors have told me to take the shoes off. And, of course, get up and walk around every couple of hours and do your stretching exercises. In JAL business class, they offer a small ribbed dowel foot massager. Doesn't work with your shoes on. In BA and other business and first class compartments, they offer slippers for all. IIRC, that includes Singapore, Qantas, TAP and a few others I can't remember right now. Worked for me over 35 years of bouncing around the globe. An "old pilot's tale", eh? Well doc, I'm an old pilot, (and a bold pilot) and I never got clots, so I guess the proof is in the pudding.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
My worst flight EVER was coach in a DC10 from Honolulu to San Francisco years ago. NW flight. I was in the middle of the dang row with Japanese businessmen on both sides of me. As soon as the No Smoking light was turned off, they kicked off their shoes and lit up the foulest smelling cigarettes. Quite the olfactory combination.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
quote:

Experienced air travelers remove their shoes to improve circulation to the lower extremities during long flights to avoid blood clots, which may make their way to the lungs or heart.

Sounds like you need to log a few million more miles to figure out what the real hazards of airline travel are.

Jetdrvr:

I have over a million miles on United and 2.5 million on NWA. Toss in a few hundred thousand on other airlines, and that adds up to about 4 million miles. And that flying was done in a lot less than 35 years. Tomorrow I am flying to Vienna.

I never take my shoes off, and I have never had a problem. But forget the long flights; I see guys taking their shoes off all time on domestic flights. The very worst are the jerks in first class who take their shoes off and then prop their feet on the bulkhead.

I have resorted to just telling the offender their feet stink and to ask them to put their shoes on.

BTW, flight attendants hate the stinky feet too. Just ask them. As the doctor said, you are justifying what you want to do anyway.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
quote:

Jetdrvr:

I have over a million miles on United and 2.5 million on NWA. Toss in a few hundred thousand on other airlines, and that adds up to about 4 million miles. And that flying was done in a lot less than 35 years. Tomorrow I am flying to Vienna.

I never take my shoes off, and I have never had a problem. But forget the long flights; I see guys taking their shoes off all time on domestic flights. The very worst are the jerks in first class who take their shoes off and then prop their feet on the bulkhead.

I have resorted to just telling the offender their feet stink and to ask them to put their shoes on.

BTW, flight attendants hate the stinky feet too. Just ask them. As the doctor said, you are justifying what you want to do anyway.

Then you might wish to bea this in mind!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Newsflash:

I just arrived from another trip to and from Europe. I am happy to report I kept my shoes on the entire flight and did not die. Also noticed that I now have 5 million miles on United/Delta. How many more should I travel to learn the true dangers of air travel?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
quote:

Jetdrvr:

Do you have a life? I spent 35 years commuting worldwide, and flying a lot more miles in cockpit seats than you have total riding in the back, by far. Glad you didn't sit by me when I'd been awake for 30 hours, jumped 14 time zones and the dateline and told me to don my shoes. I would have told you to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Your FF mileage fails to impress professionals. Basically, you're self-loading cargo. Tell it to the tourists.

Or get current in the command seat of a 747 and get back to me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jetdrvr:

You are the one who told me I had to fly "a few million miles to learn the true dangers of air travel."

Nice to know you have such disdain for your customers. But then again, maybe that is why the airline industry is in the pits - because of attitudes like yours.

For what it is worth, I have flown with a lot of deadheading pilots and never once did I ever sit by one who took their shoes off. You are obviously the exception.

No thanks about flying. I can't take the pay cut. Hell, then I might have to get my friends to pay for my hunts, know what I mean?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mainly, I flew freight. Boxes don't bitch and don't lose their luggage. Or get snotty about their FF miles.

I could care less how much money you make. Money doesn't impress me, but I realize that is how some people keep score. What people do with their money is what impresses me.

I wouldn't trade my life experiences for any sum. I was never in it for the money. What I did was all about passion. I am very lucky and grateful to have lived the life I have lived. I have seen things you can't imagine. I lived my dream. Many can't say that.

quote:
Hell, then I might have to get my friends to pay for my hunts, know what I mean?

And no, I don't know what you mean. (That remark qualifies as catty. Maybe you're a bitter ex girlfriend operating under a pseudonym?) rotflmo

I've had a friend pay for one of my hunts. I certainly made no secret of it. I made it very clear in the first paragraph of my hunt report that I was an invited guest. If he invites me again, I'll go again. He's my best friend and like a son to me. I'll take a bullet for the guy. How many people do you know who will do that for you?

You do sound a bit jealous, which is one of the more destructive of human emotions. Maybe you should work on that. Counseling, perhaps?

I am not impressed with your money, (and I would imagine few here are, particularly Saeed... Wink), your bitchy attitude, and am completely unimpressed with your time riding on airplanes. I found that to be the most unpleasant part of my job and retired early because I was required to do it.

You must love misery in large doses to subject yourself to what passes for cabin service these days. Bragging about 2.5 mil on Northworst is particularly edifying. Perhaps you are a flagellant?

A 22 hour ride down to Africa in business is so singularly unpleasant that I almost declined the trip. I'd rather get a root canal than sit in one of those crap wagons for a day. But a Kitiangare buffalo hunt? It was worth the pain.

How many of your stories can begin with the words, "There I was, flyin' along about a hunnerd feet off the trees..."?

But...you're not a pilot. You wouldn't get it, anyway.

Kudos to Captain Peter Taber for The Thundering Herc, which says it all...

And my final post on this topic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You have a good day Jetdrvr. I simply pointed out that taking off shoes when you have a foot odor problem is offensive to many (if your feet don't stink, who cares?). You insist it is okay behavoir, justified by any number of reasons. I won't change your opinion.

And again, you are the one who first pointed out I needed to "spend more time in the air." I was only responding to you, not bragging. What is there to brag about having flown a lot of miles?

I am very familiar with a Hercules. First plane I parachuted out of. Spent many an hour in a web seat, which reminds me of something an E6 said when I offered him my first class seat and he turned it down: "Sir, after spending a year flying in web seats, even a middle seat in coach seems like first class to me."

I do apologize for my comment about "can't take the pay cut." I should have said, "Let's face it, that isn't going to happen, for lots of reasons."

Why did I allow myself to get dragged down the gutter? Good question...

You have a nice Christmas.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think being able to get on a Steamship in NYC and just take a nice relaxing rest on the way to and the way back from Africa is the way to go. No worries about were you luggage is, its in your room. Plenty of space to just walk a bit and eat real food. The jet age killed the Steamship travel and Freddy Laker killed the joy of flying unless you are sitting in the left seat.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and Freddy Laker killed the joy of flying unless you are sitting in the left seat.

That's no fun anymore with computers doing everything including wiping the windshields.