New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked baggage options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am flying ATL-JNB-HRE (Delta, SAA). I plan to overnight in JNB. Is it better to check the bags/rifles all the way to HRE or is it better (or do I have to) claim them at JNB and recheck them in, in the morning for the onward flight to HRE?
Jas

Posts: 82 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 06 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure but I think you can check your baggage all the way through I f I were you seeing how you will over night in jo berg I would claim my guns and re check them . There are firms than handle the paper work for you. Like Afton guest house. That way you will be sure that your guns go with you. If there is some reason that they do not show up in Jo burg you can get the airline on it

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem with not checking bags all the way to your ultimate destination is that the airline is only responsible for getting them to the place you checked. So if they don't show up in JNB, they are not responsible for sending them to HRE.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote