THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Wiring funds to South Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiring funds to South Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted
One of the hassles, at least in my book, is wiring funds as we prepare for a hunt. It's kind of nerve wracking as well in not knowing if the funds will actually show up in the proper account.

So I wire deposit funds to South Africa for myself and others a few times a year, is there a better way to transfer funds? Also the bank fees, South African bank cut, and not trusting the South African banking system. Is western union or something similar an option.

Are there other options that you have used which work better. Thanks for your help.

John

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1213 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We transfer money overseas almost every day, but all done through the bank.

Never had any problems.

Very rarely, the money would get "lost" for 2-3 days by always turns up in the correct account.

If you do a search on how to transfer money overseas, you will get a number of choices.

We don't use any of these, as our banks have very good service.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67114 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I myself prefer to us PayPal, quick and easy, but a lot of safari companies don't use it. I hate carrying large amounts of cash, to payoff my safari at the end of the hunt. I have had some safari operators tell me bring US $100 bills to pay off your trip, we like them here? I have used a credit card too, just had to pay an extra 2% for using the card, which was fine by me, not a lot of cash to worry about.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use my local Bank, and it works just fine for me.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USAA Federal Savings bank makes it easy & convenient.

Posts: 152 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

I've been wiring funds for many years to several countries in Africa with no problems as long as the information we had to give the bank was correct.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12893 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
The only time I have had issues is if their primary bank is not on the SWIFT network and you have to go through an intermediary bank that is on the network.

My bank has to do the process manually instead of me doing it through their web site, and once the intermediary bank deposited funds to the wrong account as that is a manual process as well.

Still got sorted out at the end though.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've wired fund for Africa and large purchases through my bank for several years, no problem. I've also received fund by wire.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wiring funds today is as secure of a financial transaction as you can perform. Just make sure all the account and SWIFT info is correct and it's no issue at all.

Just check with your bank about the current mid rate and the additional fees they tack on. Some banks charge $65+ per international transaction, some are free depending on the type of account you have.

The international wire delay generally occurs on the receiving end as the bank must contact the account holder to confirm the exchange rate. If the recipient is out of contact, the final transfer can take days, but that is not the sender's problem.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies. It appears that I am overly concerned with the wiring process and sounds that many are using it without issue or concern frequently through the year. Again many thanks for your input.

John

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1213 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Use a reputable bank. Worth the fee.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The banking system in SA very reputable, I would not be worried.

Posts: 399 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I’m in the banking industry and can assure that, as long as you have all the correct information for the account you’re sending funds to, including the correct correspondent bank and SWYFT codes, you won’t have any problems at all. Wiring funds is the safest way to send funds from your account to another bank account.

If you are a significant customer with healthy deposit balances an/or commercial loans, ask your banker to waive their wiring fee. It is done all the time for valued relationships.

Posts: 3862 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I once had a wire transfer "lost" by the Canadian Govt; it was for payroll withholding taxes. I had my bank put a trace on it, and they showed it went to the Canadian gubmint. Six months later they found the money.

Other than that, never had an issue.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot simpler in the last few years. No more forms in triplicate. Really a pretty simple process.

Posts: 10061 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote