THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Transit through Singapore with Firearm, new regulations...??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transit through Singapore with Firearm, new regulations...??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know about, or transited through Singapore recently with, new regulation in effect for travelers with firearms ?
Looking at Air NZ to Singapore then onwards to Africa with Ethiopian Air. These airlines codeshare. My travel agent is having difficulty checking my firearm through which previously has been easy. She is informed Singapore regs have changed but can't get sense from anybody on details or what the new system is.
Any info would be an enormous help.
Thankyou.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2020 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
A few years ago a friend had to re route his trip as firearms were not allowed in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please check and be sure 100% as it will be too late when you get there. I was understanding my friend's gusn were not allowed even in transit.
Has it changed?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
posted 24 June 2019 14:04
A few years ago a friend had to re route his trip as firearms were not allowed in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please check and be sure 100% as it will be too late when you get there. I was understanding my friend's gusn were not allowed even in transit.
Has it changed?[/quote]

Thanks Cal.
About Singapore, you may be correct. Since my post above I've learnt that Qantas Airways was able to accommodate transit firearms with a permit , issued at small cost, by the Singapore Airport Authority. Being unsure if this is still the case my travel agent is trying to get official advice. As of now it seems other carriers might not have had access to permits and we're not certain Qantas maintains this status currently. Yes, as you suggest, I want 100% certainty but if I can go through Singapore the fare cost is reasonable. If this ends up looking doubtful a possible alternative is Emirates to Dubai, connecting to Ethiopian for Cameroon, my destination. This route probably costs more but I may have to take it for peace of mind.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2020 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
See here:

https://www.singaporeair.com/e...on-standard-baggage/

Personally, I would not transfer there with a firearm. Screw up - a fine up to $10k and up to 3 years in Jail. Singapore takes crime a bit more serious than the USA or NZ.

You can contact Police Licensing and Regulatory Department at Tel No: 6835 0000 or email spf_licensing_feedback@spf.gov.sg

Posts: 754 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I would rather pay a bit more and travel a more friendly route if I had firearms with me.

Tried and tested routes are the way to go.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fly Emirates via Dubai.
Hassle free, great service and reliable departures.
I wouldn’t fly Qantas anywhere after recent treatment flying Sydney, Johannesburg, Lusaka.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Singapore takes crime a bit more serious than the USA or NZ.

Your first clue being the warning that drug offenses are punishable by death. Been a while since I have been there, however.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Singapore takes crime a bit more serious than the USA or NZ.

Your first clue being the warning that drug offenses are punishable by death. Been a while since I have been there, however.

I wish other countries would do the same to drug smugglers!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been to Singapore for work several times, but I don't know anything about the gun transit laws. However I cannot imagine that would be a simple and easy process. I would fly another route.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote