THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    flying thru Bejing with firearms

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flying thru Bejing with firearms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
one option for me to get to South Africa from Canada is to fly thru Bejing. Has anyone gone this route or know if there might be problems with firearms. looks like about 9 hour lay over but luggage SHOULD be checked thru

Smokey

Posts: 160 | Location: Whitehorse Yukon Canada | Registered: 20 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I have not taken that route, I did hunt in China in the late 90's. Guns were no issue at all. Of course, that was a very long time ago.

Posts: 11996 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no one have any insights about flying thru bejing

Posts: 160 | Location: Whitehorse Yukon Canada | Registered: 20 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Try folks or forums about sheep hunting. Many fly to Mongolia or western China and I don't hear of any complaints.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The travel agents, like Gracey or Travel with Guns would know.

Posts: 20092 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I flew with guns to Mongolia via Beijing, but that was in 1999.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have traveled to Namibia 7 times now. The first 6 trips,one via Atl- Jbg. and six via Atl to Frk on Delta and thence to Whk. on Air Namibia were essentially trouble free (despite reports of problems with AN). This last trip, (US Air and SAA) and booked with TRG, was a disaster-the worst travel experience I have ever had! (bad seats,luggage transfer problems, poor connections and four legs). The routing (Abq,Phx,Jfk Whk) was recommended by TRG and one which will NOT be repeated !! Through-check to final destination on return was impossible due to changes of which I was not advised ,( thanks to no updates from TRG)and complications with ticketing between US Air and SAA ( thanks to expiration of code sharing agreement and no info in SAA data base on US Air domestic flights)I had to claim bags/guns at JFK. I was able to re-check only with great difficulty; and then only after schlepping bags and gun case between terminals 4 and 8. Try THAT for fun day ! Needless to say, I am very disappointed in TRG,despite their reputation and reported expertise, and will be an "ex-client" hereafter !
More on new post in a few days