THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Tickets to Zim a "Done Deal"!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tickets to Zim a "Done Deal"!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The wife and I will be leaving IAH July 29 and Arriving in Harare July 31st.

We are doing the Houston, Atlanta, Jo'Berg thing. This year Delta is flying the 777 so NO STOP IN DAKAR!

We will overnight at Afton House the 30th.

It is finally starting to seem real. I am really getting excited now!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Enjoy the anticipation!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we may be keeping each other company. The girls are working our reservations now, but connections for Idaho are messing up schedules. We are scheduled for Joberg/Afton House on the 30th also. Fly into Harare the 31st and immediately on into the Valley for our hunt with Chifuti.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
We will probably pass in the airport as my departure will be on July 30th.

I booked the new non-stop flight on delta also.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blank-- I look forward to it. We might be on the same plane twice then. We are flying to Chirrisa out of Harare on the 31st, to hunt with HHK.

Thunderhead- it looks like you leave the day after us. I think that nonstop is gonna be a lot better than the Dakar stop.....that was awful.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
waveWhat is the time difference between the non stop Delta & SAA flight thru Dakar?

Posts: 188 | Location: Northern, Tennesse | Registered: 19 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
The non-stop flight is supposed to be 15.5 hrs.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JTEX, what problems did you have with the Dakar stop as I will be going thru on May 28th SAA?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
muygrande-- There wern't any "real" problems. Just kinda creepy when the "Authorities" or whatever they where, in Senegal came on the plane after the people getting off the plane left to do a "Bomb" check.

They made everyone identify and claim every piece of cary on and went through the seat cushions to make sure nothing was left on the plane by departing passengers.

I think being an American in North Africa is not the best.

And it added about three hours to that leg of the trip, if I remember correctly.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, sounds like I should dress (paint) like I did in high school in the Texas Panhandle ('50's)for my skit for school!

Thanks for the headsup. Yeah, I think we will be there for about three hours.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats standard procedure in Dakar nothing to get paranoid about...

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoy your hunt in Chirisa.Looking back on my hunt,I am glad I hunted there.Thanks to Buzz Charlton and CMS safaris.I remember flying over Senegal at night and seeing all the streets lit up and leading to the ocean.It was a pretty sight.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Thats standard procedure in Dakar nothing to get paranoid about...
nothing to get paranoid about, but who wants to be awakened at 3 AM, made to get up and identify your carry-on? you have already been through security in Atl or JFK and the plane didn't land in the middle of the Atlantic and take on any terrorists. do the bozos in Dakar, with their 20 minute seat bottom check really expect to find anything? hell, they don't even look inside your carry-on. a cursory visual check like that is an absolute waste of time and basically just a chance for some third world bureaucrats to demonstrate their power. Africa wins again!!!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote