THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Hotel in France, any suggestions?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel in France, any suggestions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SBP
posted
We will be overnighting in France in January on our way to CAR and on the return. Any suggestions for a nice hunter "friendly" one? No need to be fancy, just comfortable.

Thanks for any help!

Posts: 41 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We stayed at the CDG Airport Sheraton. Gun case accompanied us to our room, along with our other bags. It was set up for us by Shawn at Gracy Travel. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
SBP

What UEG said. You can walk out of the airport baggage area and to the Sheraton without even going outside. Slick!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that france is very gun friendly, pick up your bags and just walk or take a cab to wherever you want to go, no problems at all (please check this and dont take my word for it)...... However parisians hate me for some unknown reason, so I try to stay out of paris.....

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for the Sheraton

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
For just an overnight, I would spend the money and stay in the airport Sheraton. You can get better deals in Paris, but what a pain (and an expensive one) to cab it into town and back. Better to spend that time sleeping!

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
A cab into Paris from CDG is 50 to 60 euros, depending on what part of town you're going to. But it is also possible to take a light rail train, also in proximity of the Sheraton, called an RER, for around 15 euros if I remember correctly. In January the weather might be awful. But if it is a sunny day and you have a whole day, it would be a shame not to visit such a beautiful city.

For the unlimited budget minded, there is always the Shangri-La

http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/paris/shangrila

I'm guessing that even Gaudiano would be well treated here.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:

Hmmm, the "Best Available"rate was 650 Euro's per night.

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've stay at the Hilton at CDG many times and it was great! Big rooms, nice staff and the dinner buffet and breakfast is fantastic. It's a 5 minute Hilton shuttle ride from any terminal. tu2

Posts: 385 | Location: So. Nevada | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SBP
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the wonderful help! It sounds like the Sheraton is our hotel of choice here so I will take that and run with it. dancing

Happy Hunting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd find it hard to just overnight in Paris.

I hate big cities -- despise them. But if there is any big city anywhere in the world that I could linger a bit it is Paris.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We spent a couple of days in Paris on the way home from Zim in August of 2008. One full day was spent touring Paris on the open air bus. You can get on and off as many times as you want and the buses go to and stop at all of the well known sites. They also broadcast the tour of the sites in, I believe, 7 different languages, so you get on, select the language, put the headphones on and enjoy the sites and tour, taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful weather. If you get off, you tour the site and then hop on the next bus that stops at that site. If you don't like the open air area of the bus, you can set down below in the covered section of the bus. This bus tour started very close to the CDG Airport Sheraton, and we were able to return close by as well. Well worth it! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
.....stayed at Hotel Ibis in Paris and in Lourdes ....very reasonable amd nice. The lamb was delicious in the dining room of the Paris site......and the young serving staff was wondrously friendly. Avoid the "big" flea market. BTW....I watched the shell game being played in the flea market.....amazing how adults fell for it.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, you guys are too much. You camp in the bush in Africa but you can't let go of an American brand in Europe, Paris no less! Where is the sense of adventure?

Cabs to the city are a great deal, and the subway system is a breeze. My daughter had no problem as a high school student making her way around.

I find France to be very friendly. Just don't assume everyone speaks English. How do you feel when someone approaches you in the US and starts speaking Spanish?? I remember the very first time I was there. I rented a car and drove from Brussels. I got lost looking for the Eiffel Tower. I asked directions at a gas station. A guy filling up motioned for me to follow him. After driving around a bunch of streets I thought he was screwing with me when he suddenly pointed left, toward a ramp putting me on the highway (BP) that loops around the city. From there I found it. I now go out of my way to help visitors here who look confused.

I love Paris this time of year...street vendors peddle chestnuts on the street corners, there are far fewer tourists, etc.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah? Last cab ride I took from CDG to the Amex office on Ronde Pointe fifteen years ago cost me a hundred bucks. Then, maybe now, the cheapest way into town was the Air France bus to the Invalides. Don't know if that's still running. Ten bucks then, more now, I'm sure.
I have stayed at the Sheraton and the Hilton and the HI at CDG. You wont even scratch the surface seeing Paris in one day. Of the thousands of places I have visited in a lifetime of flying and traveling the world, the place I would like to return above all is Paris, with a minimum of a week's visit.

But for a quick break in an African trip, it would be the Sheraton or Hilton at the airport for me. Linger on your way home. It is a wonderful place.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SBP
posted Hide Post
Well we were going to spend a couple days in France till AF cancelled our earlier flight. Husband has already been to France and really, all I can think about is spending 28 days in CAR hunting Bongo and LDE. So go ahead and feel sorry for me knife Will be gone over a month and we both have tight schedules. Will go back for just France someday. But...hunting is all that is on the menu for now. dancing

Thank you for all your input.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best of luck.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akpls:
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:

Hmmm, the "Best Available"rate was 650 Euro's per night.

Or Hotel Sezz, just off Avenue de President Kennedy at a much more reasonable 300 euros a night. It's awfully fashionable and be sure to check out the right hand draw on the bed. Smiler

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Liar

You told me it was hotel sexx ?
this picture was taken outside the front door when they were giving out free condoms recently

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
Liar

You told me it was hotel sexx ?
this picture was taken outside the front door when they were giving out free condoms recently

rotflmo

So I it take you've booked that romantic getaway for yourself and your good lady wife? Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course, if you really want to hang out in style, there is always the de Crillon...

http://www.crillon.com/