THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Service That Schedules In-Country Charters To Bush Camps?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Service That Schedules In-Country Charters To Bush Camps?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I thought I recall seeing sometime back, a service that arranges charter flights for hunters flying into camps and sharing expenses.. Any info out there regarding this service??

Thanks All

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
www.airchartersafrica.com

I think Aubrey can help you.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roncolorado..

One of my hunt options is a 8-10hr drive.. Not looking forward to that..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Where in OC do you live? I have family there

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Your agent should be able to provide you with that information, and it should be the most reliable for the route you will need. He has a vested interest in getting you into camp without problems.

As to an 8-10 hour road trip in most African countries, I strongly advise you to avoid this option. Far too many things can go wrong on such a trip. I've done it and know whereof I speak.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope not much info regarding the service..

Just that charter was aprox 3k... Thats 3k less in tropy fee's as far as I'm concerned..

I don't live in O.C Sorry..

MopaneMike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Where are you thinking of chartering from and too? If you are talking within Zimbabwe there really is no reason that you have to charter. I'm afraid I'm going to disagree with Lion Hunter in that I always think the driving option is better if offered. Sometimes it is even free. Let's see $3,000 rt charter or drive for free? There is no real choice there under most circumstances. Not only financially is driving better it lets you see a good bit of Africa that you would never see from an airplane. I will admit that once you leave the tar in Tanzania or Zambia the roads are challenging but it is supposed to be an adventure.

Coming back to your charter question in most cases your safari operator can often arrange a split charter or if your agent has 2 parties flying into the bush at about the same time he may be able to arrange a split. I don't know of a service that actually handles these things.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
do outfitters get a kickback/percentage of the charters they arrange? when you looks at charter costs, sometimes you have to wonder.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MopaneMike,

E-mail has been sent, it all depends where you want to arrive, if Jhb then we can help but if Bulawayo then it will work out too expensive, if one can get 4 guys to share the charter costs you will be looking at $1350 each. That on a Cessna 402

JDollar - cant talk for other operators but we dont work off kickbacks, some operators add a portion onto the cost, but if the clients deal directly with us we do not work any kickbacks in.

Our High costs = fuel + maintenance + aircraft + $30 mill insurance + pilot + 15% mark-up. we sell our King Air 200 at R 27.50 per km all inclusive, some guys do smoke the system and go in at roughly R 40 per km.

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

Please see the link http://forums.accuratereloadin...8121043/m/6421026401

Mark, i will put up a report on the fun and games that i had at Biet Bride trying to get a client into Zim who is hunting a ele up there and the weather was WAY TOO BAD to fly as soon as i have the all clear from my lawyer. I would not drive through there again if you paid me to.

Drive within one country's boarders, obviously i will, but into Zim not if i have a choice.

Rob when you and your father coming out to hunt?

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aubrey,

I think Mike was talking about traveling within country. Anyway I have driven from Zim to Mozambique and return and RSA to Botswana and return with no problem as well as all over several African countries. Does that mean it is for everyone? No! But if you have plenty of time, want to save a few bucks and have a little added adventure driving is the way to go. The one caveat is of course that you are with a PH that is familiar with everything you might run into.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
.458 AUBS: I'd like to hear the story about trying to drive into Beitbridge from S.A. Please post it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Aubrey,

I think Mike was talking about traveling within country. Anyway I have driven from Zim to Mozambique and return and RSA to Botswana and return with no problem as well as all over several African countries. Does that mean it is for everyone? No! But if you have plenty of time, want to save a few bucks and have a little added adventure driving is the way to go. The one caveat is of course that you are with a PH that is familiar with everything you might run into.

Mark

Mark, i understand what Mike was talking about, just giving an alternative view on traveling via road into Zim. My current passport says that i have been over and back 12 times. i know what i am doing as i do it often enough and pretty much know the guys at the border - which is half the problem. i love driving, i feel that with flying you are missing the adventure - you guys as paying foreign clients will never pick up shit, but as a local - different story.

Use Enough Gun - i will post it sooner or later but still waiting, the crux of that matter is that an argument ensued with border police about a firearm import permit for a bow and $70 change from my clients visa - there was apparently no change in the office to break a 100 but i knew better - eventually the official found $70 change in his drawer in the cash box, i was antagonised, bumped, pushed, told that as a white boy i must "fuck off back to England", had a waving hand in my face with finger pointed, accused of crossing the border illegally, accused of smuggling contraban, had an army offical try and get me to smack him so that i can be locked up, tires slashed and had to drive back over and sort out the "flat" right infront of the police station, all becuase of arrogance, corruption and racisim. This fortunately was all once i had my client safely in the hands of the PH in Zim. He never witnessed it. i am also up for asault for hitting one of these go between guys who run and get the paperwork for you after he would not let me get into my vehicle unless i got a gate pass from him at R 200 and told me that guys were waiting for me to pull off to sort the flat tire out. i made an example of him and thank goodness one of the cops that i know was around at the time.

Like i said above it is totally safe for foreign clients but as a single "whitey" in that nek of the woods, might turn out a different story especially when you are not into this whole bribe business.