THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Make Sure You Have A Shower Before Your Flight!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Make Sure You Have A Shower Before Your Flight!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
People want to learn English and emulate Western culture. A lot of them want to emigrate here.

They would do well to study a bit more deeply into our culture and learn the things that are offensive to us.

Such as strong body odor, loudly slurping noodles when you eat, standing very close and yelling when you are trying to make a conversation point.

The last one possibly leading to a painful lesson if you do it in some parts of the country. Like Texas.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An incident such as this makes me think American Airlines may get more of my business. I wonder why the passenger felt like he needed to "cover himself with Dior perfume"?????????? barf barf

Posts: 223 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfumes used to be exracts from flowers. Now they are made in a chemical lab !! Often they include VOCs like the ones banned in paints etc. The incidence of allergies continues to increase and is blamed on increasing chemicals in the environment.
It stinks and is making me sick !! shame

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sat next to a guy who smelled a bit from AMS to DTW on Saturday. Why is it Europeans find it so challenging to bathe and/or use deodorant? Ditto for Indians.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were on a flight from Frankfurt to Windhoek & the lady across the isle took her shoes off.
I started looking for a parachute it smelled so bad.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
We returned two weeks ago from Jo'Berg and as usual we could smell a passenger long before we laid eye on him.

My wife noted the strong odor and was hoping the person would not be sitting near us.

Well you guessed it, he had a seat right behind my wife's. Well that was A long flight to Dulles.

I was not sure if it was any worse than the crying children on the flight. It appeared to be almost non stop this year.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crying babies are annoying, but it's not their fault, it's their parents, perhaps. In any event, you can block that out.

Someone who smells, whether body odor or perfume, is their own fault and there is not much you can do. If they smell that bad to you, think how they would smell to game.

Never had this problem, or I'm afraid I'd have to complain.

Posts: 10015 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
On my first trip to Africa there was nearly a fight on the plane (SAA) due to the unbathed, nasty body smell of a man on a packed flight. The people seated next to him were extremely unhappy. Sure is a long way to go wondering if you would survive the trip.

~Ann

Posts: 19159 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Used to have to fly from Carlsbad, NM, to Albuquerque on Mesa Airlines. About half the time, on late afternoon flights, there would be someone who worked all day in a barn. Yeah horse and cow sxxt along with body sweat.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Smell came up from behind us like a wave at security re-check in Atlanta the other day. Is there some limitation on bathing in the Hindu religion? Perhaps just a reverence for water and the conservation thereof. There ain't nothing else like that smell.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242: Yeah horse and cow sxxt along with body sweat.

horse and cow crap I can tolerate. human sweat is not bad, if the person bathes frequently and wears clean clothes. BO makes me want to punch somebody's lights out. I can tell when I stink, I presume others can tell when they stink too.

I have been to poor parts of central america without running fresh water. saltwater pools and showers. the people there and their clothes were clean. if they can do it, so can anybody else anywhere near water.

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:
Smell came up from behind us like a wave at security re-check in Atlanta the other day. Is there some limitation on bathing in the Hindu religion? Perhaps just a reverence for water and the conservation thereof. There ain't nothing else like that smell.

The odor from Hindus comes from the curry in their food. It's like garlic it oozes out of their pores, even if they shower.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he was just headed to San Diego for a job interview:

http://weirdnews24.com/san-die...d-is-discriminatory/

Dave

Posts: 918 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
We had a kid in our freshman university dorm who had just spent a year as an exchange student in Switzerland. He made a point of having three- or four-day old body odor because "that's how they do it in Europe," he said. Odd that he never had any friends.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16378 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote