THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Continental Joins Star Alliance

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Continental Joins Star Alliance
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
For anyone near a Continental hub, this may work out great. With South African Airways as a Star Alliance member, you can earn One Pass miles on SAA flights and use One Pass miles for rewards travel on SAA.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike:

Breaks my heart as I used to fly CO all the time through Houston. I am gold on United, so I will still get credit, but the reciprocity of 1st class upgrades is not going to happen with Star Alliance. Under the Sky Team Alliance, NW Gold and Platinums got upgraded on CO flights (and after the merger, DL as well). In fact, gold on CO won't even get you an economy plus seat on UA. Ms AZwriter flew to Europe yesterday and found that out (although in the Red Carpet club they gave her one anyway).

It will also be interesting to see if the Presidents Clubs start charging for alcohol; all Star Alliance clubs in the US do (UA and US). Sky Team never has.

I am a guy who has a ton of miles, but I almost never use my miles for free tickets to Africa; fly thru AMS to DAR and you are almost silver right away. Free mileage tickets of course give you no elite status credit.

Like I said, the Star Alliance thing breaks my heart. But I won't miss those non-stop delays in Houston due to weather.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote