THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    New SA Passport Requirement?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SA Passport Requirement?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had this email from my Namibian outfitter this morning. This would be worth checking out:

Dear Johnny

The following traveling requirement is applicable in the event your travels take you to South-Africa, even only in-transit:

Upon arriving to South-Africa, each passport is required to have two BLANC PAGES NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER in order to enter South-Africa. Two blanc pages back to back is not accepted in South Africa. If you do not adhere to this travel requirement, you will be send back to you country of origin without delay.

Let us know where and how we could be of any assistance during the planning process of your upcoming and scheduled safari.

Hit reply on this email, I’m standing by to help you!

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it used to be four blank pages. I actually saw a guy stopped from boarding in Atlanta once because of not enough pages. I don't know when you're leaving but you can have pages added to your passport. I think it took a couple of weeks to get it back last time we did it.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
The two page requirement has been on the books for quite a while.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would help if they stamped pages in consecutive order to get back to back pages...

Posts: 10735 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tell my guys 6 blank pages and then there is no problem even on a multi country trip.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12910 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Until recently you could order extra pages on renewal but they recently stopped. MsAZW just got in under the wire on this.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
When you get a new passport these days, ask for the additional pages up front. Just got my new one, and it is like a small paper back book! No more having it gone for a couple weeks for adding pages! Cool Big Grin dancing

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The South African requirements state 2 blank visa pages. Do not stipulate where regarding "back to back or not" that I could find. Funny thing is that in multiple trips I have yet to have them stamp entry and exit on 2 different blank pages. Not really sure why this is a rule when they stamp pages that are already used but I suspect it has more to do with visa required countries vice countries like the U.S.or U.K. If you need a physical visa then it makes sense they want a clean page. They just don't differentiate. If you are close but comply then download the rules and carry them with you. As has been said about other issues involving travel having the written proof may make a difference if you are called on it.

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just checked my passport, no issues on the Visa pages.

I have found Immigration officials are a strange breed. Some are really picky on where they stamp the exit visa in relation to the entry visa, and others seem to stamp them willy-nilly, skipping several blank pages to make a stamp on an unused page, deep within the passport. I guess that is how they get their jollies.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote