THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Windhoek in September recommendations

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Windhoek in September recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted
Will be arriving Windhoek Sept 13 at 935 pm,having never been here before looking for recommendations on where to stay for 2 nights? and where to go during the day on the 14th? looking to pick up some curios to bring back? probably going to Joes for dinner on the 14th, will I need to have any Namibian dollars??
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 673 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I am looking at the Hilton in October. Will be Hilton Garden Inn by then.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
THE place to stay is Casa Piccolo. The rates are reasonable, free WiFi and free breakfast. A single room is $63.30 US and a double is $96.80 US. It's less than two miles from Joe's Beer House, which is a Namibian iconic reataurant. No need for cash at Joe's- they take credit cards. There are plenty of tourist shops in the big malls downtown. Personally, I always shop up in Okahandja, buying directly from the native artists. I enjoy haggling with the natives- you can usually get an item for 50% of listed price or less. Can't haggle at the shops downtown- full price only.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Check out the Olive Grove. Stayed there many times. Great for town and Joes.

Have a great trip.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations,I have contacted both Casa Piccolo and Olive Grove. If anyone else has any recommendations please chime in.
Thanks

Posts: 673 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We stayed at the Hilton in 2011 both going to hunting and after the hunt. They had a vault for firearms and room quality and food was good. Joe's is a definite must.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Casa Piccolo. From SC it might be easier for you to get Rand via Triple A than Namibian dollars. The two are used interchangeably in my experience. It would be good to have some on hand.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hilton was tops for us several times. You can't beat the Hiltons location and consistency. I make a couple of passes at breakfast. When my wife and daughter were along it is right there to go shopping, and we went around the street to get a KFC snack in too.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too stayed at the Hilton in 2013, reasonable rates, nice pool and roof top bar, right downtown and a short walk to the curio shops and street vendors,they locked my gun up while there and as TexKD says, an awesome breakfast buffet if hungry. I would definitely stay their again on the next trip,

Jim