The Accurate Reloading Forums
Windhoek in September recommendations

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121043/m/2621072432

06 August 2017, 06:39
wesley timmerman
Windhoek in September recommendations
Will be arriving Windhoek Sept 13 at 935 pm,having never been here before looking for recommendations on where to stay for 2 nights? and where to go during the day on the 14th? looking to pick up some curios to bring back? probably going to Joes for dinner on the 14th, will I need to have any Namibian dollars??
Thanks in advance.
06 August 2017, 07:24
Wesheltonj
I am looking at the Hilton in October. Will be Hilton Garden Inn by then.
06 August 2017, 07:30
Bud Meadows
THE place to stay is Casa Piccolo. The rates are reasonable, free WiFi and free breakfast. A single room is $63.30 US and a double is $96.80 US. It's less than two miles from Joe's Beer House, which is a Namibian iconic reataurant. No need for cash at Joe's- they take credit cards. There are plenty of tourist shops in the big malls downtown. Personally, I always shop up in Okahandja, buying directly from the native artists. I enjoy haggling with the natives- you can usually get an item for 50% of listed price or less. Can't haggle at the shops downtown- full price only.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
06 August 2017, 18:08
Charlie64

Check out the Olive Grove. Stayed there many times. Great for town and Joes.

Have a great trip.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
07 August 2017, 05:50
wesley timmerman
Thanks for the recommendations,I have contacted both Casa Piccolo and Olive Grove. If anyone else has any recommendations please chime in.
Thanks
07 August 2017, 21:47
Jaglav
We stayed at the Hilton in 2011 both going to hunting and after the hunt. They had a vault for firearms and room quality and food was good. Joe's is a definite must.
08 August 2017, 01:57
crane
Another vote for Casa Piccolo. From SC it might be easier for you to get Rand via Triple A than Namibian dollars. The two are used interchangeably in my experience. It would be good to have some on hand.
08 August 2017, 04:07
TexKD
The Hilton was tops for us several times. You can't beat the Hiltons location and consistency. I make a couple of passes at breakfast. When my wife and daughter were along it is right there to go shopping, and we went around the street to get a KFC snack in too.
08 August 2017, 20:31
Jsince
I too stayed at the Hilton in 2013, reasonable rates, nice pool and roof top bar, right downtown and a short walk to the curio shops and street vendors,they locked my gun up while there and as TexKD says, an awesome breakfast buffet if hungry. I would definitely stay their again on the next trip,

Jim