THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Pre 1964 Winchester take down .338 Win Mag by Kevin Weaver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre 1964 Winchester take down .338 Win Mag by Kevin Weaver
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're just mad 'cause I disagreed with you(G).

No not at all. A guy posts some photo's of his new baby for us to enjoy, some ask for pics of the take down as it would be interesting, the original poster states the maker preferred he didn't and he honored his wish. Then you chime in and call the guy "an incompetent amateur and a selfish asshole". Do you see the real issue here? It's not the guy wanting to keep his methods from public consumption so much as some jerk spoiling the thread. That jerk is you. No other way to really put it.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
J.D.Steele - why must you resort to name-calling to make your point?

There is no need for it. It degrades the quality of the discourse.

I tend to agree with your central point, absent the nastiness, of course.

But it's hard for me to get past your disrespectful and insulting remarks. IMHO, a more civil approach would serve you far better.

GeoffM24, I like the Weaver rifle well enough, but, IMHO, you do it a disservice by posting photos of Duane Wiebe's rifle on the same thread.

The Wiebe rifle is far superior to the Weaver in every apparent respect.

Know what? There ain't no flies on Kevin's job. He will be pleased to claim credit for t hat rifle 30 years from now...On the other hand, I've tried to buy back my early work...so I could destroy it!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
J.D.Steele - why must you resort to name-calling to make your point?

There is no need for it. It degrades the quality of the discourse.

I tend to agree with your central point, absent the nastiness, of course.

But it's hard for me to get past your disrespectful and insulting remarks. IMHO, a more civil approach would serve you far better.

GeoffM24, I like the Weaver rifle well enough, but, IMHO, you do it a disservice by posting photos of Duane Wiebe's rifle on the same thread.

The Wiebe rifle is far superior to the Weaver in every apparent respect.

Know what? There ain't no flies on Kevin's job. He will be pleased to claim credit for t hat rifle 30 years from now...On the other hand, I've tried to buy back my early work...so I could destroy it!

I have seen some of that early work and I don't blame you one little bit. Big Grin

Seriously, you are too modest, and too generous to boot.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
Okay: I had (still have) this marvelous idea for a unique firearms accessory.

So marvelous that I ended up having a conference with a patent attorney.

If I make this "widget" to sell for $50.00.I'd have to sell 1000 units just to cover the patent search

I was further advised that I could go ahead and make the item, descibe it fully and actually make one! Then, devulge the whole thing in a publication.

While this does not keep others from the manufacture of the item, I have protected my patent rights.

Oh...there's a lot of whereas's and whyfor's, but if Kevin seriously believes this T D system is truly innovative and original..seek the advice of a patent attorney

This thing is being over thought. The system is simple, very simple. My impression of Kevin asking me not to post pics is that it would be very easy to copy. I think if it was as complex as the system on the Wiebe take down he wouldn't be concerned about people copying it.

One a scale from 1 to 10 in terms of complexity to build, the Wiebe system would be a 10 and the Weaver system would be a 2.

The Weaver system has the edge in speed and ease of use.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of .404
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle!! too bad the thread had a wheel drop off the pavement......

Enjoy it,worth what you paid! I would like contact info on the gunsmith.
Thanks for showing it!

I pray for mud on my boots the day I die...
Go see the nights of Africa.....

Posts: 208 | Location: back home in the Tarheel state | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, a lot of this is fucked up shit, only way to say it. You guys honestly had to piss in this guys cheerios? the original poster wanted to show off his new toy, which I'm sure he is incredibly (and justly) happy with and enjoyed the process of creating with his gunsmith. If you don't like it don't say anything. The gunsmith didn't want the pictures posted, why start railing on about it here? negatively comparing it to other rifles and such. all of us should be above that. there's a lot of truly ugly shit come across these forums that I see get less negativity than this.

Personally I think it's a beautiful rifle, I like the figure of the wood and like the lines of the cheek piece. I also am a fan of slimmer forends. Do let us know how well it shoots once you take it out. 338 is a great all around cartridge.

I'll definitely way in on sharing of information and all that if you guys start a separate thread. (in gunsmithing?)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
That truley is a nice rifle...Thanks for shareing.

Enjoy!!!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That rifle is SWEET! Why do people have to make such rude comments about other people they do not know? Take it for what it is. The man wanted to show his rifle and the talent of his gunsmith. Enjoy it.I know if I had that rifle I would show it, but it would put a bad taste in my mouth with people badmouthing the gunsmith.

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote