New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost of Mexican Mauser action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What should one expect to pay for a reasonably clean 1910 Mexican action (complete)?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
$200-$250, unpitted including below woodline, clean bolt face

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I will be selling one soon; sorting through a bunch of actions now. It has no pitting at all.

Posts: 17134 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I will be selling one soon; sorting through a bunch of actions now. It has no pitting at all.

PM sent.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will take any
"$200-$250, unpitted including below woodline, clean bolt face"
actions that you have, or can find.

I have yet to find one that cheap without other... defects.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1481 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$200-$250 would be a steal.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
250'for a 1910 would be a decent price for both parties. 400 for a 1936. More than that? Buy a Winchester

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
How about a 1902 Mexican Mauser?
Do the Berlin made actions carry any premium?
I will have one for sale soon.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huvius

You have a PM

Posts: 265 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I've got leads on a couple of actions. Just don't talk the price up anymore, okay? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Few years ago, I attended a gunshow. One of our area gunsmiths, an elderly gent, had decided he did not want to work on mausers anymore and decided to sell his private stock of mauser actions he'd owned for quite sometime. Long story short, bought two M1936 Mexican actions from him that were in pretty good condition. Oddly enough, he had sold about half of his actions (perhaps 8 or 10) on Saturday when I had visited the show. I had no idea what a M1936 mexican action was on Saturday. Happen to call an Oregon gunsmith after leaving the gunshow to check on a rifle I'd sent him. During out conversation, I happened to mention the Mexicans and as soon as I said the bolt had a springfield type knob on it, he got quite excited. LOL, went back to show early next morning. He still had the mexicans. Because I'd watched gunsmith sell several nice 98 mauser actions for around $150 each, I offered to buy his two m1936 actions for $140 each. Gunsmith pondered my offer for 30-40 seconds and then accepted it. After paying him, he finally recalled what he used to sell 1936 mexicans for, years ago. It was $250.

A few months later, visited an internet auction involving thousands of various military rifles from a private collection that would be auctioned off over about a 5 month period One rifle was listed as a mystery mauser. Auctioneer had decent pics of rifle and spotted the springfield type knob on bolt. Obviously, the m1936 rifle is hard to find and seldom seen. I was about the only one to bid on the rifle and won an excellent condition M1936 7x57 Mexican for $230. Only thing wrong with rifle, someone had carefully removed the Mexican Crest from the receiver, otherwise rifle had general appearance of never being issued. Trigger pull on this military rifle is so good, don't think an aftermarket trigger like Bold or Timney can better it.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is seemingly no end to things to know about Mausers, and particularly the Mexican varieties. Before this week, I had never heard of a 1902 Mexican, made by DWM.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Honestly, neither had I until I noticed the Mexican crest on the receiver ring and the DWM stamp on the left wall.
In fact, the action (gun) I have drew my attention first of all because it had a Lyman 35 sight on it. The type of action ended up as an added bonus!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
huffmanite: Few years ago, I attended a gunshow. One of our area gunsmiths, an elderly gent, had decided he did not want to work on mausers anymore and decided to sell his private stock of mauser actions he'd owned for quite sometime. Long story short, bought two M1936 Mexican actions from him that were in pretty good condition. Oddly enough, he had sold about half of his actions (perhaps 8 or 10) on Saturday when I had visited the show.
I believe I attended that show, bought 2 for $200 apiece, visited his shop the following week and he still had about a dozen of both types (1910 & 1936).

This came off Auctionarms less than a year ago, $175, viva la revolucion!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I often wonder how many thousands and thousands of beautiful Mexican actions are tucked away down in Mexico.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silvertip1:
I often wonder how many thousands and thousands of beautiful Mexican actions are tucked away down in Mexico.

Not many! Big Grin dancing

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Nice Red. Congrats on getting back in service!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glen71:
There is seemingly no end to things to know about Mausers, and particularly the Mexican varieties. Before this week, I had never heard of a 1902 Mexican, made by DWM.

Here are a couple pictures of the action I was referring to. This one made in 1903.
I love the way the top of the left wall is contoured over - really smooth and a nice touch on a military action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice action! The left sidewall is much more handsome than the same area on the Mexican SR's. Thanks for sharing.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Never seen a small ring Mexican made in Berlin by DWM. Far nicer quality than most that came out of the Mexico City arsenal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I WANT it!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fal Grunt:
I WANT it!

Me, too!

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Sorry Grunt, already called for.
Yes, this is a really nice example.
In fact, I was really torn on whether I should have kept it for a custom of my own. Too many irons in the fire already though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What do those go for when you can find one?

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
From what I have read, DWM made 38,000 on the Mexican contract which was in 1903/04 so they are pretty darn rare.
The finish quality on this action is right there with Oberndorf sporters IMO.
Hard to say what price to put on one. I will let the buyer of mine disclose that if he wishes, I offered to sell for what I thought was reasonable and the deal was made.
The way I see it, if you want to build a small ring '98 custom, you would be hard pressed to beat the 1902.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
The finish quality on this action is right there with Oberndorf sporters IMO.

The way I see it, if you want to build a small ring '98 custom, you would be hard pressed to beat the 1902.

Agreed.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Unless you need a standard length small ring (270, 280, etc.) go with a Polish, Radom, G33/40, VZ33, etc.
Mexicans better suited for intermediate sizes (6.5, 7x57, 308 etc.).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Huvius -

Those guns (1902) are extremely rare. If the gun is anywhere near original condition, I believe it should be kept that way for historical purposes. I understand that anyone can do anything they want with their rifle, this is one that likely should be preserved. Heck, I might even be talked into parting with an unmolested M1936 action in trade to keep yours original hilbily

As always, just an opinion.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmallCal:
Huvius -

Those guns (1902) are extremely rare. If the gun is anywhere near original condition, I believe it should be kept that way for historical purposes.

I would agree with you if it were, but this one has been sporterized already. Not a bad job really but unfortunately the stock has been cracked through the wrist and repaired.
Best of all, the action wasn't buggered in any way whatsoever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:

I would agree with you if it were, but this one has been sporterized already. Not a bad job really but unfortunately the stock has been cracked through the wrist and repaired.
Best of all, the action wasn't buggered in any way whatsoever.

Then Dang! Wish I would have seen it first! Interesting stock on it, looks like it was on another rifle before from the cutout under the bolt release.

Okay, highjack of original thread complete. Sorry for the interruption.

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmallCal:
Then Dang! Wish I would have seen it first! Interesting stock on it, looks like it was on another rifle before from the cutout under the bolt release.

Okay, highjack of original thread complete. Sorry for the interruption.

That cutout was done to accomodate the Lyman 35 that was on it.
BTW, in the spirit of highjacking the thread, anybody looking for a Lyman 35? Whistling

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a 1944 Model 1936 Mexican unissued, beautiful condition on Empire Arms $2700+

I would be intrested in the Lyman 35, I will PM you.

Bob

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:
There is a 1944 Model 1936 Mexican unissued, beautiful condition on Empire Arms $2700+

I would be intrested in the Lyman 35, I will PM you.

Bob
The Unissued 1936 Mexican from Empire you spoke of is a rare rifle in that condition. It's no longer listed at least I can't find it, just a 09 Peruvian and a M1910 Mex. Thanks for mentioning it.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
custom,
try this

http://www.empirearms.com/012213.htm

Its the 11th one down

one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a 1910 Mexican action on GunAuction.com. Ends tonight.

Auction