THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Crossing brooks and rivers with guns.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crossing brooks and rivers with guns.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of people on this forum who are quick to dismiss game, rifles and calibers and then proud to admit that they have no experience with them.
It's part of the fun.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
There are plenty of people on this forum who are quick to dismiss game, rifles and calibers and then proud to admit that they have no experience with them.
It's part of the fun.

Perhaps Brian Williams will join the forum. It seems he might be a good fit... And up the entertainment factor.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil,
I was mostly being a subtle smartass.
How someone could say a caribou couldn't make up it's mind what to be, but think a wildebeest is fine does puzzle me though.

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
It's part of the fun.

Thanks for the chuckle, Phil. Wink

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have never said any place that I did anything but like the taste of Wildebeest. I have heard them referred to as clownish . They too are herd animals and not my favorite to hunt, I'm also not so crazy about Tesseebe and several other plains game. Lest you jump to conclusions I have nothing against herd animals either as I have seen some awful big Elephant herds. I just have never been interested in any of the particular animals found in Alaska. I tried Goat hunting in Colorado once and that solved my interest in sheep and goats. Other than big big bears what does Alaska offer. Wolves don't really class as game animals to me though I hunted them when in Gunsmith school. I have also never been enchanted by the African game animals found in the wet areas of the continent. Everyone has preferences thank goodness and most are varied. I also don't like raw oysters and I've never tried them either. I don't like macho rare meat either as many people do.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote