THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Some Eye Candy from Gun Digest Magazine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Eye Candy from Gun Digest Magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those who subscribe to Gun Digest emails you will have seen this, but there was an article this week on some outstanding examples of fine custom work:

Photo Gallery: 10 Stunning Custom & Engraved Guns

For me it is either the Al Biesen or the John Bolliger-Mike Dubber collaboration...

Enjoy,

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
All were works of art. But for me, being a Mauser fan and all, the Bolliger-Mike Dubber collaboration stood out from all the rest. To be able to be turn a ho-hum design into this masterpiece is nothing short of incredulous. Thanks for posting. Here's an auction of an original MAS 45. Night and day is an understatement. http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=355108944

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5120 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Here is some info on the MAS rifle. Kind of annoys me Bolliger gets all the credit when the only thing he did was the stock. I was able to see this rifle built from start to finish.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...771019371#4771019371

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Dean deserves as much credit as Bollinger and Mike Dubber. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5120 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's odd for me. When I couldn't afford them, I would have killed for rifles like that but now that I can they just don't do that much for me anymore.

Nice work and wood to admire though. Since I still more or less collect engraving, I was interested to see Diane Scalese's work. Personally that example is a bit much for my eyes, but the work is outstanding. I've seen and may have some of Lily Tomlin's work on knives, which is also excellent. Thanks for posting the link.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean Lisa Tomlin? Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 828 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote