Find
Notify
Tools

custom built dropped magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted

Anybody ever built or want to build a dropped magazine like this?

See same thread in Gunsmithing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36626 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Arecurve or TC! sent me pics of a 500 jeffe built like that .. so I made one for my 550 express!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38487 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Shakari had one made in South Africa by Sabi I think.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shakari had one made in South Africa by Sabi I think

That is Shakari's rifle above. Sabi did NOT build the magazine though. A gentleman from Wales did.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36626 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
so I made one for my 550 express!

Wanna build me one? Or help me build one?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Form follows function...........to a point, and I'm not entirely convinced it's a functional improvement.

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Trust me, it's a VERY functional improvement.

I don't need that extra round very often at all..... in fact, hardly ever but when I do need it, I need it very badly indeed!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yep...that rifle is a working rifle. I saw it in person in Uganda a few weeks ago and the workmanship is impeccable. I happen to think it looks very taseful too.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea, it looks wonderful for wrapping your hand around.

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
She looks like a piece of shit but she works hard, carries well and she shoots straight..... what more could a man ask for? Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
It does look like a popular conversion.........

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it is a cool looking, and great for the function piece. what I can't believe is that guys are giving shakari shit over the look, the tape, whether it's necessary. IT'S LEFT HANDED, it can't get any uglier! Wink

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lots of rifle snobbs on AR thats why they give him shit Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
and jealousy! Wink

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The tape was a temporary measure and underneath it is a small piece of neoprene on the inside of the front of the trigger guard and another on the outside of the back of the trigger guard. (if that makes sense)

The reason for these is that when I shoot quickly, I hold the rifle in a fairly relaxed manner/slightly loosely. The neoprene stops the rifle biting my fingers so I can get fast subsequent shots off if I need to..... and it works. People have sometimes commented on the rifle sounding like it was almost belt fed. Smiler

Maybe not beautiful but very effective and that's my first priority.

Hooker is dead right though, there are a lot of rifle snobs in the world. As much as I like good rilfes the truth is a US$500 dollar rifle will shoot straighter than most people who are shooting it.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3682 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
not real hard to do the rigger way. if you can get multiple sets of bottom metal cut out the center sections on the extras bevel both edges top to bottom mig them together as a stack use the military latch plus a screw on the last one and fill everything in with heliarc or mig finish grind file inside and out . bobs your uncle.
hard to describe but if you dont have the machine to make a one piece box extension it will fly

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote