New
Find
Notify
Tools

Les Bauska BBK Actions?
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Is there anyone that is familiar with the old Bauska long actions? I am interested in building a 416 Rigby....and using a good reasonably priced action. I understand these were the best of a pre-64 Model 70 and Mauser? Some say built in Europe and others argue Korea>>??

Any definitive info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2573 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought Les imported BRNO ZKK 602 actions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 231 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your advice...I respect you vast knowledge. That will assist in making a decision on an existing rifle in 416 Rigby.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2573 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S,
I've had a couple rifles built on the that action, and I even had a ITW action still in the box from Korea, never built up. I even had one that Olympic Arms was involved with. In total, I've had 5 examples pass thru my hands.

To say they were all shit would be kind. I don't know if ALL of them are shit, but if 5 for 5 were shit for me, I'd guess that the chances are high if more of them are. Besides... anything that Olympic was involved with... that's all you really need to know.

Lots of great ideas in it. Terrible execution.

Posts: 1309 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
My 505 Gibbs was built on one and it worked OK but always seemed to have problems until Morris Melani, at Alaska Arms, discovered that the trigger, sear and safety were not properly heat treated. Since he treated them it has worked fine.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Stokes-
Hey Buddy...shudda bought the CZ AHR, EH!! Dumb move on my part!!

WOW, thanks for heads up....in clear and plain English!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Buddy...shudda bought the CZ AHR, EH!! Dumb move on my part!!

That Magnum Mauser 98 416 Rigby I let you fondle at SCI had your name written all over it :-)

Posts: 20089 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the bbk was more or less a brno 602/cz550

when olypmtic arms bought the deal out, they were made in korea

get a cz, not a bauska ..

a cz 550 magnum in 416 rigby and factory barrel is a great place to start

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs- yes that is a SPECTACULAR rifle....but the change left over from the CZ would pay for half of my part of that foursome to Tanzania!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biebs- yes that is a SPECTACULAR rifle....but the change left over from the CZ would pay for half of my part of that foursome to Tanzania!!

Maybe, but we wouldn't invite you with a CZ :-)

Posts: 20089 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Magnum Mauser in 416 Rigby, open sights, and Buff hunting in the Selous...does it get any more "Africa" than that? :-)

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
You are RIGHT ON!!...I agree!!

That is going to be a pretty exclusive hunt with NO CZ's....and only British Doubles too, EH??

Cheers,

470EDDY