Find
Notify
Tools

ParkWest Arms
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
Not sure if we have any Dakota fans out here? Dakota was able to stay afloat and has now gone under new management. Forgive me if you have known this for a while now…

ParkWest Arms

Posts: 606 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Just read an article by Ron Spomer, I believe, who had used a ParkWest Arms rifle to take a big game animal.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Maybe this article? Bet that light bullet was screaming out of the .300's barrel.

Spomer buck.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5116 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RamRod, Thank you for posting this link to Parkwest!

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Word on the street around here is they are busy and have a good amount of work orders in process.

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have a large selection for sure. Do you know if they are selling parts like Dakota did?

Posts: 1220 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitterroot:
They have a large selection for sure. Do you know if they are selling parts like Dakota did?

It's been a while since I've bought anything from them. But they did give me a quote on couple actions in the last 6 months, #10's. This indicates to me they are taking order for any and all. As far as grip caps, bottom metal etc. I always just went in there and bought whatever I needed. FYI, their standard mag bottom metal fits right on a pre-war or pre-64 Winchester, actually used quite a few of those over the years.

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of sights for a Dakota rifle from them and they were priced several times more than when Brownells carried them.

DRSS Member

Posts: 901 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Are they manufacturing the regular Remington 700s that are starting to show up on dealers shelves? Or just the custom shop guns.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
Are they manufacturing the regular Remington 700s that are starting to show up on dealers shelves? Or just the custom shop guns.
I don't believe so. They mainly focus more on the custom work than anything else. They make a great action, but it aint cheap!! you will have to pay through the nose to get it. Their SD 76 actions which are clones of the Winchester Pre 64 Mod 70s run about $2,500 to start!!! good thing: they will sell directly to the public and ship to an FFL. You don't need to worry about going through a third party retailer...

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Are these Dakota rifles reborn? That is the most comprehensive gun we site.i have seen although they should include prices which I may have missed. Nice looking guns.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve ordered a 338-06 & a 404 Jeffery from them, with all of the African bells & whistles. We’ll see…

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
surefire, any update on that one?

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
A friend who owns the range where they shoot says Ward is on the range on nearly a daily basis. Things are ticking along well for them as I've been told.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sabretooth:
surefire, any update on that one?

One of the rifles, the 338-06, is supposed to be at my FFL tomorrow, 5/25/23. Hope so. I’ll try to get my friend to post pics for me.

I asked about the 404 Jeffery, and they said they are doing the checkering on it presently.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Lord! The 338-06 came in today. It’s gorgeous!

Frostbit, Can you help me post pics again?

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
Surefire I can do it if need be. Send me the photos and I’d be glad to help

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sabretooth!

I’ve already asked Frostbit to post them and he agreed. If anything goes South, I’ll get in touch with you.

I’m sending the pics to Frostbit tomorrow, so hopefully they’ll be up soon.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
an outstanding, fantastic looking rifle

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see a company of this quality make a comeback. Both for them and the talented employees that do the work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frostbit for posting my rifle pics!

I gave FB a bunch of pics of my ParkWest rifle because I thought being a ‘new’ company (actually, it’s the old Dakota Arms company in South Dakota, with all of the same workers and Ward Dobler), and I thought everyone could see the work they are doing compared to the old Dakota ‘name’. IMHO, it’s as good or better.

Glad you liked the pics gentlemen. Oh, the case the rifle came in was pretty sweet too; an SKB with (6) metal padlock holes for travel. Excellent quality all around!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A beautiful rifle indeed. An excellent caliber to boot. I hope the company thrives and maintain’s it’s standard. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You’re welcome mlfguns!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried in the pics to show the ParkWest logo on the receiver where it used to say DAKOTA, but the pic is too small. Sorry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to note that the barrel sling eye is way too close to the fore end tip...

Nice rear swivel base....

Posts: 3461 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just received a text from ParkWest that the 404 Jeffery is ready to ship!