Find
Notify
Tools

Great ACGG News!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted
Yeah--will be in Dallas starting in 2013 and ACOG will be at the SCI Show in Dallas in 2012!!!! dancing

Oppppssssss ACGG!!!!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please, I don't know the ACOG? Thank you.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Earl Smith:

According to Google:
quote:

ACOG
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
ACOG is a nonprofit organization of women's health care physicians advocating highest standards of practice, continuing member education and public ...
www.acog.org

I'm guessing that is not what he meant to type?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am hoping he meant the ACGG, American Custom Gunmakers Guild

And looking forward to it!

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am hoping he meant the ACGG, American Custom Gunmakers Guild

tu2 That was my guess.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are going to Dallas in 2012 but only as group without being santioned by the ACGG; we are going as individual members of the ACGG.

It is still only a rumor that we will be in Dallas in 2013, not a final determination as yet. There is a bunch of stuff to be done before a decision is made.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
We are going to Dallas in 2012 but only as group without being santioned by the ACGG; we are going as individual members of the ACGG.

It is still only a rumor that we will be in Dallas in 2013, not a final determination as yet. There is a bunch of stuff to be done before a decision is made.

Jim---The vote was taken and it is Dallas in 2013.. My Smith informed me yesterday---did not know it was not announced yet. sofa

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Jim---bring guns to the SCI Show next Jan and I will bring $$$$$!!! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Story I have heard is that the Guild show will be in Dallas in 2013. They will have their own area at the Dallas Safari Show.
I think this will be a good move for the Guild.

Sad thing is that the Guild is supposed to be in Reno next year, whise SCI will be in Vegas...

I think it would be a good idea for as many Guild members as possible to come to Dallas in 2012, much more exposure.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
The Story I have heard is that the Guild show will be in Dallas in 2013. They will have their own area at the Dallas Safari Show.
I think this will be a good move for the Guild.

Sad thing is that the Guild is supposed to be in Reno next year, whise SCI will be in Vegas...

I think it would be a good idea for as many Guild members as possible to come to Dallas in 2012, much more exposure.

Could not agree more----been telling my Smith that for years!!!!! Finally Yeah----the only thing missing in Dallas is Gambling and we are working on that!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear what you ;guys are trying to say but.

IT IS NOT A DONE DEAL!!!

The proposal is out but the final determination has NOT been made.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

posted Hide Post
THIS IS NOT TRUE! I am still the current President of the ACGG and the decision has NOT been made - it is still in committee. We definitely will be in Reno next year but where we will be in 2013 and beyond is still in the air. Al

Posts: 1 | Location: Lakewood, WA | Registered: 29 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Lind:
THIS IS NOT TRUE! I am still the current President of the ACGG and the decision has NOT been made - it is still in committee. We definitely will be in Reno next year but where we will be in 2013 and beyond is still in the air. Al

Hope you guys come a little further East, Al!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr Lind

Thank you for the update and welcome to the forum.
I agree with Joe. A little further East would be great.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer it is not moving with SCI or going to Dallas for 2012. I would think the attendence will be way down for the ACGG in reno next year.

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
SCI is in Dallas as well-----the Vendors and others just go to Reno next.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Earl Smith:

Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I love and support the ACGG. I've been an associate member for a long time now and I really enjoy going to their annual show. So, I want to say this in the nicest, most respectful way possible: as a group, the ACGG is as dumb as a sack of shit.

They've always treated their annual convention more as an inwardly-focused homecoming than an outwardly-focused marketing event. They've done the same old, same old for so long they are blind to new ideas for the convention.

SCI treats them as a money-siphoning step child in Reno (or Las Vegas, or wherever). The ACGG owes it to themselves to at least try DSC (and by "try", I mean commit to 2-3 yrs straight). ACGG needs to be "inside the tent" with the DSC, not outside at some dump venue in Reno while SCI has all the action going on at an attractive venue across town. I'd wager more people stop in at individual gunsmith's booths at SCI than the entire paid attendence at the ACGG show.

There are maybe 500 paid attendees at the ACGG show each year and of these MAYBE 200 could afford to write a check for a $15,000 rifle. That's a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers and demographics of those attending the DSC convention.

The average age of the regular members of the ACGG goes up every year like clockwork. There's a revolving door of part-timers and new guys with little talent and little chance that come and go every few years. As a group, they've made the unconscious decision to become increasingly irrelevent. They have a new opportunity with DSC and I hope for the sake of the ACGG, they don't just blow it (again).

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Lind:

Al,

Now that you soon will not have to spend time on duties associated with being the President of the ACGG, maybe you could hang out around here a bit more and answer stockmaking questions. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
I love and support the ACGG. I've been an associate member for a long time now and I really enjoy going to their annual show. So, I want to say this in the nicest, most respectful way possible: as a group, the ACGG is as dumb as a sack of shit.

They've always treated their annual convention more as an inwardly-focused homecoming than an outwardly-focused marketing event. They've done the same old, same old for so long they are blind to new ideas for the convention.

SCI treats them as a money-siphoning step child in Reno (or Las Vegas, or wherever). The ACGG owes it to themselves to at least try DSC (and by "try", I mean commit to 2-3 yrs straight). ACGG needs to be "inside the tent" with the DSC, not outside at some dump venue in Reno while SCI has all the action going on at an attractive venue across town. I'd wager more people stop in at individual gunsmith's booths at SCI than the entire paid attendence at the ACGG show.

There are maybe 500 paid attendees at the ACGG show each year and of these MAYBE 200 could afford to write a check for a $15,000 rifle. That's a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers and demographics of those attending the DSC convention.

The average age of the regular members of the ACGG goes up every year like clockwork. There's a revolving door of part-timers and new guys with little talent and little chance that come and go every few years. As a group, they've made the unconscious decision to become increasingly irrelevent. They have a new opportunity with DSC and I hope for the sake of the ACGG, they don't just blow it (again).

You speak with "wing-ed" words....unlike the usual Tejas sugarcoating one encounters whilst "visiting"......is there a "yankee" in the wood-pile........ Wink

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'm glad if it's true. I think Dallas will be mutually beneficial.

Welcome to the forum Mr. Lind, hope you will post often.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good God! Let's get on focus (fuckus) Most of the members of the ACGG want to go to Dallas. The ACGG has a partnership agreement with the FEGA. The "powers" in the FEGA want to do NOTHING (This..is of course safe thing to do).

The ACGG is..collectively..I belive... don't give a shit if the FEGA wants to move to Dallas or not. "Come along if you want to..FEGA, You're welcome...but don't expect the ACGG to "suck up" to any perceived demand of FEGA.....this is, of course, only my own humble opinion". (disclaimer)

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A "home run" has emerged in the ranks of the ACGG. This past annual meeting has seen three BOD members "opted out" and three officers being replaced.

This is a new beginning..I hope and pray for the "good of the order"

The nominees to the BOD..well..it 's hard to choose..so many great nominees.

Chuck Grace is the new unapposed president. Glen Fewless VP...these guys will lead the ACGG into a new beginning with not a look backward...watch this space!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were there any people who post regularly here on AR that were accepted into the guild this year?

and

Just out of curiosity, who are the leaders of the FEGA?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is fega? Is it like fettucine?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
what is fega? Is it like fettucine?

Rich

They are the folks that whittle away at steel canvas with little sharp objects I believe.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, it sure would be nice to seem the ACGG members/show at the DSC convention.

Without AR and a few of the good friends I meet here, I would have never had the opportunity of learning anything about custom guns and options available.

I finally had my first true custom built by an ACGG member this past year...without this site and my good friends here that would not have happened.

Would love to see the ACGG show in Dallas next year, if not possible in 2012, it sure would be nice to see a few ACGG members attending!!

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I've thought about going to the DSC, just never made the trip. Now, if the ACGG was there that would trip my trigger enough to get up off my ass and go. I think it could benifit both groups...wouldnt mind seeing some steel carvers there also!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not she how it would not be good for the Guild show to move to the DSC show.

I have been to the Guild show in Reno the last 3 years.

My wife and her sisters had more people at their garage sales...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
22WRF,
I was just accepted as a metalsmith this year.
Steve Bertram
http://www.bertramandco.com/

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Jim Kobe posted above, several(exact number not known yet) individual members of the ACGG and FEGA are planning on attending the DSC 2012 exhibition. The planning stage is still in process and there is nothing else known specifically now except that several members have committed to attend...this is NOT an ACGG/FEGA event.... just individual craftsmen/women agreeing to attend together. We have a year to get ready for this adventure.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis, good to see you post. I used to go to the guild show and banquet every year. Things didn't seem to be different year to year and I quit going. Reno is way too difficult to get to. If it goes to Dallas, I may return.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dennis--Everyone would sure like to see you in Tulsa. I have plenty of room at my tables if you want to come.

Gar

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gar! I have table space already in the works. Always good to have a backup plan though.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

It is now official. Barring the unforeseen, the 2013 American Custom Gunmakers Guild exposition will indeed be held in Dallas. The Guild show will be a separate entity inside the Dallas Safari Club show. We hope many of you will join us there.

The 2012 show will still be in Reno, and we hope you will come and visit us there as well. Reno may not be as gaudy a venue as DSC, but it won't have the chaos I expect at DSC. If you want to spend some quality time talking to a room full of fine gunmakers, next January in Reno is your chance.

Please visit our website at:

http://www.acgg.org/

Respectfully,

Glenn Fewless
Vice President, ACGG

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
dancing Yeah!!! dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

Forrest you eloquently stated what seems obvious to virtually everyone except Guild members.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have attended two ACGG shows in Reno. Met a few guild members. Was an associate member for a time. I admire and try to study guild quality work as much as I can.

I have been to the Dallas Safari Club show in Dallas many times. It is an annual treat for myself and some friends.

I think after the ACGG comes to Dallas, most of them will look back at the shows at Reno and ask "what the hell were we thinking?"

Craftsman

Posts: 1532 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
I have attended two ACGG shows in Reno. Met a few guild members. Was an associate member for a time. I admire and try to study guild quality work as much as I can.

I have been to the Dallas Safari Club show in Dallas many times. It is an annual treat for myself and some friends.

I think after the ACGG comes to Dallas, most of them will look back at the shows at Reno and ask "what the hell were we thinking?"

Something that I must agree with... Being inside the show can only lead to a much greater appreciation for the work, and availability of that work.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote