THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Wiebe 404 Jeffery takedown photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiebe 404 Jeffery takedown photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
I thought you all might like to take a look at another Wiebe rifle. This one's a take-down.

I learned 2 things on this rifle:
#1 I'll never be a photographer
#2 Same as above.
So, I apologize in advance for the pics.

Here they are!

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Wonderful work; everything I do is cobbled together sh*t compared to this.

Posts: 17105 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Looks to be my ideal rifle.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):customer decided he wanted all metal grey.QUOTE]

Duane

What kind of finish is that ?

I also agreed the engraving is tasteful and just right

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
DAMN! I wish I was the future owner--bolt is on the wrong side--though I would still take it!!! Wink

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Downright gorgeous.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Duane, a good can of flat black rustoleum will cover all those grey areas,protect from rust and knock off the glare from the flash as well Big Grin

Absolutely gorgeous rifle by the way

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what Phil said...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Lovely rifle in a grand old caliber. Duane, was this the rifle you had on display in Dallas at the show?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Well thought out for sure.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done rifle!

But as far as I am concerned take-down rifle should be in different calibers. Otherwise it does not make sense.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roman BGH:
Well done rifle!

But as far as I am concerned take-down rifle should be in different calibers. Otherwise it does not make sense.

To be able to travel with such a lovely rifle such as that with such a great calibre within a short gun care makes enough sense to me.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful rifle! Couple things I learned from looking at this:

1. I want a take-down rifle now more than ever.
2. Grey/French Grey metalwork is beautiful.
3. The extended top and bottom straps are one of the nicest features one can have on a custom rifle. I've seen them on DR's plenty, but not so much on bolt rifles.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:
...extended top and bottom straps are one of the nicest features one can have on a custom rifle...

+1 Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger and Duane, you two create wonderful firearms. Breathtaking work.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hard to argue with what Duane posted, but if this were mine I would take a second on the house or sell a kidney and have him fit a 338 Edge barrel.

Rich

just gorgeous...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
londonhunter:

A late reply to your finish question.

It's my version of French Gray. I apply a metal prep used as a pre-treatment for auto painting. It's a phosphate liquid that I apply and card (like a rust blue without the boil)until I get the right color. A couple of light coats of stock finish and a waxing and it's out the door.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Wonderful work; everything I do is cobbled together sh*t compared to this.

+1

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gorgeous rifle, take-down rifles are The Ultimate, IMHO.

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joester:
...take-down rifles are The Ultimate, IMHO.

+1 tu2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...take-down rifles are The Ultimate, IMHO.

Yup! That's why I love my Blaser!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote