THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Just when you thought you had seen it all.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just when you thought you had seen it all.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
What I like most about the reptile rifle is the stock.It has a really nice shape.I feel that whoever made it is good at shaping stocks.That does not mean that it can handle recoil well for the cartridge intended and the shooter will not get hit in the face by it, or that it won't split... but it just looks nice.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
And unlike a top of the line custom insert_____________ there really ain't much difference between them. They all look the same. Nice wood, then quarter rib, barrel band, hood sight....fn boring- frankly when you look at the "metalwork" that is championed here, it really is pretty boring shit.

Flashy or sedate, quality workmanship is never boring. Very subtle differences can make all the difference in the world.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Johan Franjoz's work. His guns are clearly meant to be the ultimate epression of the gunmaker's art, and they do that without question. It's like Expressionist vs. Representative. His works have little to do with those of us who buy working guns. It;s like the Formula 1 cars compared to what we drive. They lead the way. Incidentally, he builds most of his actions from scratch.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:

I like Johan Franjoz's work.

Johann Fanzoj's work is pretty good, too. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Well, since no one's stepped up to the plate, this whole thing is a croc of sh*t, IMO. I mean crock. Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote