THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Just when you thought you had seen it all.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just when you thought you had seen it all.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
http://www.fanzoj.com/en/gunro...ile-rifle/index.html

Looks like something a Klingon would hunt with, if he wasn't using some sort of bladed weapon.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
There is no doubting the quality of the man's craftsmanship, he maybe even an artist in steel.....

But God that is ugly.

I understand there are some fantastic gunsmiths at work in Ferlach, but it is not to my taste's at all.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
he maybe even an artist

No doubt!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I look at it like one of the theme bikes from Orange County Chopper. Only this guy is not a hack with a mig welder and a Uni-bit.

The craftsmanship is unmistakable, but the theme may not be for everyone.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
It's not a rifle that makes me dream of having one just like it. But it might have worked if it had been done differently. Turning polished steel into something that looks rough and unpolished doesn't do it for me.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The case and the srewdrivers are beautiful.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kind of like the front sight. The customer is the individual with the creepy taste, the gunmaker is just executing the vision of his patron - that is his business.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
The case alone probably costs more than I would spend on a rifle.

It appears to be a well-made rifle and I like it more than some flashy California styled rifles I've seen.

What would the PH say when you pull that rifle out of the case?!!!! Eeker

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because you can does not mean you should.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What would the PH say when you pull that rifle out of the case?!!!!

Big tip a coming!!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Well, just think, if you had to bribe your way out of some African country, you could just pry a couple of the jewels out and be on your way.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit over the top for me.

Captain Finlander

Posts: 480 | Registered: 03 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it a lot from 8 feet away - nice lines to the stock. I wouldn't buy it, but I'm not the one they wrote the marketing script for either: "..... strongest wood in the world".

It's a flamboyant gun for a flamboyant consumer and well crafted. The artisan punched out his own creative envelope a bit in it's making and added a new facet to the custom gun world. I don't see the grounds for such derision.

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
LOL! It's Johann! I used to communicate with him almost daily. Met him in Vegas about 10 yrs back. Actually a very nice guy. Probably in his 40's now. Has a gorgeous sister. If you can think it, he can probably build it. Handled a SxS in 22LR and the asking price was something like $50k. Totally handmade. Most of his firearms are built at the customers request/specs.

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
while that one isn't my style, look at the lion engraved on the grip cap of the A&D 470

then go through and find the tiget 375. the engraving appears to me of the very highest quality, looking almost too realistic. very beautiful, but definitely for a select clientele, I wouldn't want to get the bill even for that grip cap.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 160 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
"the juice of life"

"A visual poem?"

I dunno...

the Ti mauser is neat though except those googley eyes on the leopard

one of us
posted Hide Post
While on the site, you should navigate over to the Double Rifle pages and check out the new boxlock series. I really like the lines and the execution looks flawless. Simple and tasteful.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifles!

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Some good "pepto" for the croc-rifle!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now this is thinking outside the box!

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the case that proves the old adage:

"just because you can, doesn't mean you should..."

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That rifle is fantastic, in every sense of the word!

I love it!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And you have to admit, even thought the bear engraving is not to my taste, that 4 barrel rifle is frickin wicked cool. double shotgun and double rifle in one. sweet!

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Ya know what....I am not ashamed to say "I LIKE IT"! I would absolutely own it and hunt the heck out of the planet with it! I would get it scratched up and love every minute of owning that rifle for the next few decades. It's definitely unique, but I have seen quite a few Weatherby's I find more distasteful.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Impressive. I doubt that many of these get bloody.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not my cup of tea, but there's a few on that site I could very easily find a home for..

A titanium 98!!!! Eeker

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I quite like it. Get rid of the rubies....I'm a diamond man myself Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
The stock is really nice - put a beautiful blued action and barrel in it and ....

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like something a Klingon would hunt with, if he wasn't using some sort of bladed weapon.

Love that description! And the finish on that stock is pretty spectacular.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Unequalled craftsmanship by anything I've ever seen on this site.

Talk about wow factor.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
tu2 for quality and craftsmanship.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are nice rifles no doubt but lack soul,IMO.The art work looks like something copied off of someting and then printed on the rifle-a CNC type engraving if there is such a thing.Look at the eyes on the leopard on that titanium rifle.No half decent artist would give the leopard a look like that.One of the engravers who I wouldn't mind paying to have his work done on my rifle is Hans Eisbacher.I enquired about a beautiful cougar he once engraved and was told that it took nearly four years of running after him before it was finally completed.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Unequalled craftsmanship by anything I've ever seen on this site.

Talk about wow factor.

Roll Eyes

I wonder how much of the fancy stuff could be attributed to "craftsmanship".

Maybe you were just looking for a reaction?

I think I agree with Shootaway(never thought I would type that!), the metalwork looks like it was produced by some type of CNC controlled laser etching program.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Whatever.

Beats the shit out of the coookie cutter crap people drool over.

Use a decent piece of wood, then put in a '98 then yawn.....quarter rib, barrel band.....yawn ....boring shit if you ask me...

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever.

Use a decent piece of wood, then put in a '98 then yawn.....quarter rib, barrel band.....yawn ....boring shit if you ask me...
Would you do something like that to your car or house?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I look at it this way. I don't have any safe queens.

But that rifle to me would be the definition of a safe gueen, something you take out for show and tell. It does have a Wow factor. Do I like it, not really, would I pay for it- No. But if it were given to me, I'd show that motherfucker off any chance I could.

And unlike a top of the line custom insert_____________ there really ain't much difference between them. They all look the same. Nice wood, then quarter rib, barrel band, hood sight....fn boring- frankly when you look at the "metalwork" that is championed here, it really is pretty boring shit.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever.

Well, I know where you're coming from and I can respect that.

But if you go back and look at the rifle: rubies for claws and gullet and diamonds for eyes?????

I mean come on!!!!!!

But I do know where you're coming from. I have three rifles with the NECG's banded front sight, and so does everyone else it seems.....

Talk about played-out!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, just think, if you had to bribe your way out of some African country, you could just pry a couple of the jewels out and be on your way.

Why do I feel the baggage guys in South Africa might help themselves to the jewels first ...

I think it's a beautiful rifle, but definitely a safe queen. Wouldn't mind a horn-back floorplate though on a working rifle. Big Grin

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Except for the ruby's I really like it. Maybe a little over the top but that's what a custom rifle is all about. Having it the way you (the customer) wants it.

Only the owner will determine if it's a "safe queen" or not. When I hear that term used about other peoples rifles it makes me wonder what the motivation is for such a comment.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote