Notify
Tools

7x57 Wiebe Progress Photos
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jawheeler:
The gun shoots very good. Out of 5 different factory loads it shoots Norma 150gr SP to 3/8" at 100yds. The worst group was 1 1/4" with RWS 162gr. I have only just started to experiment with handloads but the groups are 5/8" to 3/4" with 140gr Nosler Partitions.

Certainly not benchrest performance but pretty darn good with off the shelf ammmo. Thats why I chose the McGowen barrel. Every one that I have owned has been accurate and the staff has gone out of their way to accomidate my requests.

Nothing wrong with that.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great work! The ebony forend, and flat top checkering is very classy.

Posts: 117 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of afro408
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle there.
Very tasteful engraving on it.

Posts: 50 | Location: East of the black stump,NSW. | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
By the looks of that Schnabel, if you find you can't make it as a gunbuilder, you probably have a future as a Mohel. Big Grin

I'm Lutheran..we keep everything intact..

Duane, as a Lutheran pastor, if I ever take a sabbatical, can I come and apprentice under you? Big Grin

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by friarmeier:
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
By the looks of that Schnabel, if you find you can't make it as a gunbuilder, you probably have a future as a Mohel. Big Grin

I'm Lutheran..we keep everything intact..

Duane, as a Lutheran pastor, if I ever take a sabbatical, can I come and apprentice under you? Big Grin

friar

Well.....Are you Missouri Synod...???

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the photo's, very classy. The bottom metal pics went straight to my collection. I'm using the round bottom on my current project and going real slow. I think Duane nailed it pretty good. I like this approach better than the scholarship rifle.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote